2020-2021 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How are you guys finding out which secondaries you've sent are "Marked complete"? Do you sign into each individual account or are you getting an e-mail?

I got an e-mail this morning

Members don't see this ad.

+1, Secondary Received and Completed 6/25, Received by ACOM 7/1, Marked Complete 7/3. They say they'll start sending out interviews in a few weeks.

On your micro site, does it still say your casper box isn’t filled yet?
I got the complete email and it still shows up unchecked

On your micro site, does it still say your casper box isn’t filled yet?
I got the complete email and it still shows up unchecked
Yes, still not checked off. I took CASPer in early May and sent it to ACOM then.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, me as well. They are probably just behind. Have you waited 2 full weeks?
Two full weeks since I took my CASPer? Yes, I took my exam on 5/7 :)
I actually got an email from them saying they received my score and will update it soon. Thanks for the help regardless!

I just checked the microsite and they've finally checked off my CASPer Test. My application now says "Complete and In Review" under Current Application Status. I hope that all of you have your tests checked off as well, and we can get some invites up in here!

They will not review secondary until CASPER is taken?

Has anyone submitted their secondary and has not received an email that they received it yet? I submitted a week ago. Also, CASPer sent about 1 week ago and was marked yesterday.

Edit: Confirmation of secondary received via email 7/9

Last edited:
OMS2 here. Any questions feel free to dm me

Is there secondary pre-screen? If so, does anyone have an idea of what it would be like?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think everyone who was complete should check their status. Mine changed to “interview requested.”

3.53 Cgpa and 3.7 Sgpa / 499 MCAT / tons of quality EC’s including founding non-profit for orphaned kids.

Oh man, I think stat wise the only thing I could think of is your mcat but I’ve heard of less being accepted there! Keep your head up!

Maybe it was something in the essay? You should try to reach out and ask.

Oh man, I think stat wise the only thing I could think of is your mcat but I’ve heard of less being accepted there! Keep your head up!

Maybe it was something in the essay? You should try to reach out and ask.
From what Ive gathered, the first round of II are for applicants with a 501+ and then they reevaluate the other apps.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody know if showing "interview requested" on the portal means that we received an II?

Anybody know if showing "interview requested" on the portal means that we received an II?
When I applied last cycle, that’s what my portal status showed when I received an II

Reactions: 2 users
I received an email saying they weren't giving me a secondary at this time, which is really weird considering I was put on the interview waitlist last cycle???

I'm retaking the MCAT in a few weeks, so I guess I'll circle back to them once I have my new score..

I received an email saying they weren't giving me a secondary at this time, which is really weird considering I was put on the interview waitlist last cycle???

I'm retaking the MCAT in a few weeks, so I guess I'll circle back to them once I have my new score..
Was it a straight rejection or was it an email saying they’ll review your application later in the cycle? If it is the second then it may be because you never changed your MCAT score.

I also have an "interview requested" status on my portal. If so, this'll be my first med school interview ever! Super excited

Reactions: 1 users
I was able to just register for an interview date on the portal!

aw no love for me yet, I interviewed with ACOM 2 years ago but was WLed. Does any one if Bob is still handling all the admission emails? I want to email him again but not sure if he is still running the adcom PR

Was it a straight rejection or was it an email saying they’ll review your application later in the cycle? If it is the second then it may be because you never changed your MCAT score.
" After careful review, a decision has been made to not extend a request for a supplemental application at this time. [...] Some applicants are not extended a request for a Supplemental Application if their application is missing official MCAT scores. We will continue to monitor these applications for MCAT updates and will review the application when scores are received."

Hopefully they're just waiting for my new MCAT :(

Oh wow. I kinda prefer that, but also I want to see the school so I hope they will have an accepted students day or something of the sort later on, if virus allows.

Same, not having to spend money on travel expenses is HUGE lol

" After careful review, a decision has been made to not extend a request for a supplemental application at this time. [...] Some applicants are not extended a request for a Supplemental Application if their application is missing official MCAT scores. We will continue to monitor these applications for MCAT updates and will review the application when scores are received."

Hopefully they're just waiting for my new MCAT :(

I received the secondary and do not have a valid MCAT on file. I take it in August.

Last edited:
  • Sad