2019 Non-Trad Applicants Progress Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't believe I just found this thread!! Yay other non-trads!! Any other 30ish parents on here?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OMG THAT'S AWESOME!!!!! Congrats. Also, super excited to see other parents on here!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to all of you! I get excited reading these posts and then instantly reminded that I've got some years to go before my first app cycle. Best of fortune to those of you still waiting for good news. It's coming!

Reactions: 2 users
maaaannnn, i am sort of bummed.... it is Christmas and I dont have any acceptances. I know what a lot of you will say, - "be grateful for the interviews" - and i swear i am, but still. I really hoped to have some good news by now...

maaaannnn, i am sort of bummed.... it is Christmas and I dont have any acceptances. I know what a lot of you will say, - "be grateful for the interviews" - and i swear i am, but still. I really hoped to have some good news by now...

I can imagine how you are feeling but the good news is that the cycle is still active. I just received a message a couple days ago that my application was moving forward to the next phase at a school I applied to 5 months ago, lol. There is still room for an acceptance all the way until June, so don't give up yet!

Reactions: 1 users

I’m in the same boat. I’d be so relieved to have an acceptance at this point so I could sleep at night.

so glad I found this thread! not quite 30 but very much a non-trad as well. So glad to hear all are doing so well and for those still waiting good luck!! hoping the new year will bring good news <3

35, father of 3 kids (6, 3, and 2), and a good chance of having another in med school. I agree- God bless supportive spouses!

There is still room for an acceptance all the way until JULY, so don't give up yet!

Fixed it ;) Know someone accepted to rural fam prog in midwest, attended party for incoming M-1s, then got taken off WL at Georgetown in late July or Aug 1; someone else got a seat at midwest school :)

Fixed it ;) Know someone accepted to rural fam prog in midwest, attended party for incoming M-1s, then got taken off WL at Georgetown in late July or Aug 1; someone else got a seat at midwest school :)

I know someone who got taken off the waitlist in August. It’s not over until it’s over.

34 year old father of 2 here. :)

Congratulations! I'm 29, father of 2, and just starting my pre-reqs on the 14th of this month. I plan to be in your shoes in a couple of years! Congrats again!

Congratulations! I'm 29, father of 2, and just starting my pre-reqs on the 14th of this month. I plan to be in your shoes in a couple of years! Congrats again!

You can do it! It hard, but possible. Make sure you keep your spouse happy and make time with your kids. They will be your best support!

I can't believe I just found this thread!! Yay other non-trads!! Any other 30ish parents on here?

38 year old mother of 5 (21, 18, 16, 14, 11). Finishing my Master’s this Spring and still waiting to hear from my top choice.

Reactions: 5 users
Got my 6th interview invite . Two waitlists , no rejections from interviews yet , but no acceptances either . This is so nerve wracking . 3 more interviews to go

Got my 6th interview invite . Two waitlists , no rejections from interviews yet , but no acceptances either . This is so nerve wracking . 3 more interviews to go

Unless you are a terrible interviewer, you are statistically very likely to get an acceptance. I know that doesn’t help but it’s the best I can do lol. I’m praying for everyone on this thread!

Heads up. 6 II is amazing and one of them statistically should turn into an acceptance. Wishing the best for you

Heads up. 6 II is amazing and one of them statistically should turn into an acceptance. Wishing the best for you
Thank you. I know that it is ridiculous for me to complain - I feel blessed to have 6 interviews already . But I know that there are s lot of people who already have acceptances and the fact that it is mid January and I don’t have any makes me so nervous

Hey everyone! I forgot to add here, but received my second acceptance last week. I cannot believe that I now have to make a choice between medical school and what a tough one it is. I have a tuition free ride to USU as well as an acceptance at a state school in FL to decide between. Making the decision even harder is my wife is pregnant with a due date in early June right before school. I hope everyone is having a great beginning to 2019!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey everyone! I forgot to add here, but received my second acceptance last week. I cannot believe that I now have to make a choice between medical school and what a tough one it is. I have a tuition free ride to USU as well as an acceptance at a state school in FL to decide between. Making the decision even harder is my wife is pregnant with a due date in early June right before school. I hope everyone is having a great beginning to 2019!

Congrats dooder!

31 yo single female on clinical rotations at an MD school and loving it! Congrats to all of you for your hard work and well deserved acceptances!

Reactions: 3 users
Always fun to catch up on this thread and see the happy news. Congrats everyone :)

Thrilled to say I was accepted to Pitt today! I feel really blessed. They have seemed to be pretty big on veterans and non-trads. That's the end of my cycle, now I just need to hear from HPSP.

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted to the University of Washington (#1 choice) yesterday! Quick turnaround for me. :)

Reactions: 9 users
Came back from interview in WVU today . Between 8 hours of driving and 4.5 hours of interviewing I feel broken . I am also fighting through a bad cold, so by the end of the interview I completely lost my voice (my boyfriend enjoys it so much :))). But I loved that school so much !!!!! It was all worth it . Fingers crossed

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted in WVU ... I am ready to give up
I feel like I read somewhere that WVU waitlists almost all of the out of state applicants - hang in there, the acceptance will come.

I feel like I read somewhere that WVU waitlists almost all of the out of state applicants - hang in there, the acceptance will come.
More schools might be heading this way with the new traffic rules. We'll see shortly ...