2019-2020 University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my acceptance. Let's extend a courtesy to our fellow applicants and withdraw as soon as you're absolutely convinced you will not be attending to hasten WL movement

Best

*As a side note, it is the most pleasant withdrawal email reply I've seen hands down

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected pre-interview. IS, LM 69.7, complete 10/7. Good luck everyone, it’s a sad day, but looking forward!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected too! Peace out!

Reactions: 1 user

Depends on the year. Last year they gave out too many offers so they almost had too many people in the class since AAMC changed the information they got so they did not pull from the waitlist much. This year they’re prob not gonna make the same mistake and prob have made less acceptance offers so I would say don’t give up hope. A good number of people might come from the waitlist, just make sure you keep interacting with them so they know you’re interested.

Any accepted girls who know for 100% that they are attending UF interested in a roommate or roommates, I’m looking for some and would be happy to discuss :)

Has anyone who’s been accepted been “admitted” on the professional school general application? I was accepted back in October and this application still just says ‘received’. Just making sure I’m not missing anything.

Second Look is cancelled! Seems like they're planning an online thing, but have nothing definite yet

• Sad
So disappointed that they canceled second look was really looking forward to meeting all my classmates

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my package from UF today! I've been waiting for forever for this water bottle

Reactions: 7 users
Sorry if anyone has already asked this question, but does anyone know or has heard about when we recieve our financial aid information from UF?

Sorry if anyone has already asked this question, but does anyone know or has heard about when we recieve our financial aid information from UF?
An email with updates was sent last Thursday.

Match list is insane. 5 people into plastic surgery!

Any chance we'd receive financial aid info before the april 15th deadline?

Any chance we'd receive financial aid info before the april 15th deadline?

Probably, someone in the group me said they got theirs today so I think they’re being sent out alphabetically. Hopefully they are all released by weds

I got my fin aid package this morning! Did anyone else receive the CoM Tuition waiver? Is that basically a merit-based scholarship?

Has anyone else not gotten their financial aid package?

Reactions: 1 users
I got my fin aid package this morning! Did anyone else receive the CoM Tuition waiver? Is that basically a merit-based scholarship?
I received this too! Idk what it means in terms of merit-based or not though

Withdrew my acceptance. It was v difficult to press that withdrawal button on the portal because UF + their faculty are so awesome. Good luck to everyone on the WL, rooting for you all!

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my acceptance here... such a hard decision, it is really an incredible school!! Hoping that someone gets off the waitlist ☺️

I’ve been thinking that I want to live alone for med school. Anyone know some affordable 1 bedroom apartments near the school?

Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything back yet?
Nope, just the email about the AMCAS tools for waitlist peeps. I'm wondering if I should ask my position on the waitlist, given the current situation of things I'm not sure it's wise to make decision at the last minute.

Nope, just the email about the AMCAS tools for waitlist peeps. I'm wondering if I should ask my position on the waitlist, given the current situation of things I'm not sure it's wise to make decision at the last minute.
Did you ever get around to calling them?

Did you ever get around to calling them?
I just sent an email today, usually the response time is fairly fast, I'll let you guys know if I hear something. It's nice to have a general bearing, especially considering the current global situation (and that some schools have already readily offer this info to aid students).

I just sent an email today, usually the response time is fairly fast, I'll let you guys know if I hear something. It's nice to have a general bearing, especially considering the current global situation (and that some schools have already readily offer this info to aid students).
Thank you!

Has anyone at least heard of anyone/know of anyone who has been accepted off the waitlist here?

Reactions: 3 users
I'm still flying dark re: the follow up email from earlier this week on wl position. The staff seems pretty awesome so I hope they're doing ok and not too overwhelmed right now, on the other hand with most people needing to make important life decisions like housing much earlier than usual in light of the pandemic, I do hope the decisions are not too far off.

I'm still flying dark re: the follow up email from earlier this week on wl position. The staff seems pretty awesome so I hope they're doing ok and not too overwhelmed right now, on the other hand with most people needing to make important life decisions like housing much earlier than usual in light of the pandemic, I do hope the decisions are not too far off.
:( I wonder if they're just hesitant to release information on the waitlist or if they're actually behind on other administrative tasks like you mentioned. They usually respond to my emails in less than 24 hours so it's strange that they're taking a lot longer than usual

:( I wonder if they're just hesitant to release information on the waitlist or if they're actually behind on other administrative tasks like you mentioned. They usually respond to my emails in less than 24 hours so it's strange that they're taking a lot longer than usual

Don’t lose hope guys! UF is a very thorough school so my guess is that the distance is just making the decision time take longer. They’re probably going back over each persons file and seeing which WL individuals will best fit and are needed in the class. They prob are having zoom meetings and discussing over zoom is less efficient than in person. I also don’t think the class is full yet either from numbers I’m seeing. This is only my guess btw. I have no real inside knowledge

Reactions: 3 users
Don’t lose hope guys! UF is a very thorough school so my guess is that the distance is just making the decision time take longer. They’re probably going back over each persons file and seeing which WL individuals will best fit and are needed in the class. They prob are having zoom meetings and discussing over zoom is less efficient than in person. I also don’t think the class is full yet either from numbers I’m seeing. This is only my guess btw. I have no real inside knowledge
Thank you for the reassurance!! I know you mentioned that you don't have any inside knowledge, but may I ask why you don't think the class is full yet?

Graduating MS4 who was involved with admissions throughout the year. Typically there is not much waitlist movement at UF. A handful of my current classmates got in off the waitlist - I know of one who got accepted in the summer, though I think most got accepted in the spring. We also get notified when those who we interview get accepted and I got a heads up that one of mine got in within the past 2 weeks.

I don't know for certain, but I do believe the class is "full" although not all seats are committed. The only advice I can offer is to stay in touch with the admissions office. Danielle and Juliet love to hear who's still interested in coming to UF if they were to get in!