2019-2020 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just took casper and it was not a great experience. Anyone have any insight into how the school is using it @current students?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received 7/1
Secondary complete 7/14
I didn't get an email, but the portal says my application is complete

Sorry to bother you, but how did you fill out this question? I wrote that I applied to their scholars for medicine program in high school, but the portal keeps marking that section as incomplete even though I filled it out. Kind of worried because it won't let me submit the secondary. Thanks!

Worked for me. Make sure you explicitly check that all the boxes are checked off and you answered each mandatory part. If that's not working you could wait a little bit. Portals can act up sometimes.

Reactions: 1 user
Worked for me. Make sure you explicitly check that all the boxes are checked off and you answered each mandatory part. If that's not working you could wait a little bit. Portals can act up sometimes.

Thanks! I refreshed and filled in everything again and it went through.

Members don't see this ad :)
:O any MD IIs? So ready for the neuroticism fodder.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my first II for MSTP today. contemplating whether to take simultaneous MD interview.

I didn't see this mentioned before, but are there any additional MSTP prompts? Already verified, but thinking of adding this school to my list. Thanks!

Praying for MD IIs to come out tomorrow x_x

"Please note that this invitation is for the dual-degree, MD-PhD, Medical Scientist Training Program. If you would also like to be considered for a position solely in the medical school in the event that an offer for the MSTP is not made, please let me know that since it will entail an additional interview day being set up for you. You will be able to choose either the Tuesday before or Thursday after the MSTP interview. Applicants should be cognizant that the additional medical school interview will focus more strongly on the candidate's strengths in areas of highest interest to the medical school, e.g. experience in clinical settings and evidence of passion for care-giving. While some MSTP applicants will score very highly in these areas, others may be relatively weak, having emphasized their research training and experiences instead. For applicants in the latter category, the MD-only interview, which will be included in the admissions decision, could result in decreased overall competitiveness - so applicants should consider whether this interview will be advantageous for them to request. Applicants uncertain about whether to request an MD-only interview are welcome to solicit advice from the Program Director."

I got a MSTP interview at stony brook. Contemplating whether to add MD interview to it or not. Above text is from my interview offer. I have reasonable amount of clinical (500 Hours) and non clinical(300 hours) and leadership(500 hours) of experience.

Any inputs/suggestions.

"Please note that this invitation is for the dual-degree, MD-PhD, Medical Scientist Training Program. If you would also like to be considered for a position solely in the medical school in the event that an offer for the MSTP is not made, please let me know that since it will entail an additional interview day being set up for you. You will be able to choose either the Tuesday before or Thursday after the MSTP interview. Applicants should be cognizant that the additional medical school interview will focus more strongly on the candidate's strengths in areas of highest interest to the medical school, e.g. experience in clinical settings and evidence of passion for care-giving. While some MSTP applicants will score very highly in these areas, others may be relatively weak, having emphasized their research training and experiences instead. For applicants in the latter category, the MD-only interview, which will be included in the admissions decision, could result in decreased overall competitiveness - so applicants should consider whether this interview will be advantageous for them to request. Applicants uncertain about whether to request an MD-only interview are welcome to solicit advice from the Program Director."

I got a MSTP interview at stony brook. Contemplating whether to add MD interview to it or not. Above text is from my interview offer. I have reasonable amount of clinical (500 Hours) and non clinical(300 hours) and leadership(500 hours) of experience.

Any inputs/suggestions.
The hours don’t matter. Can you talk about your experiences in a meaningful, passionate way? If so, then I’d say you’re good to add it.

II today! IS, Completed 7/8, LM=70

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
II just now! Very excited, this is my top choice IS school!

Reactions: 1 users
II just now!!! First II from one of the SUNYs for me (IS resident). I actually broke down when I seen that email. Complete on 7/8

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Oh maybe they're going in order. I'm 7/20... hoping I don't get yield protected ghosted.

II here about an hour ago! Complete pretty early like before 7/10 I think

omg II (IS)!!! I'm honestly shocked but SO happy:happy: Complete 7/8

Oh maybe they're going in order. I'm 7/20... hoping I don't get yield protected ghosted.
It definitely looks like they’re going in order. My friend who was complete around the same time as you is panicking, but y’all are gonna get your love soon!

I saw on that post ii acceptance rate doc that SBU had like an 86% post ii accept rate for OOS. Is that true?

II OOS!
LM 75, complete 7/8

Am also interested in the post II accept rate

I'm sorry I'm stooping to this level, but you were complete around 7/8 right?

I saw on that post ii acceptance rate doc that SBU had like an 86% post ii accept rate for OOS. Is that true?

US World News data for gives a 54% acceptance rate post-II for OOS (and about the same for IS).

I'm sorry I'm stooping to this level, but you were complete around 7/8 right?

US World News data for gives a 54% acceptance rate post-II for OOS (and about the same for IS).
I was complete on 6/28/19 - no need to apologize!

What is an appropriate way to inform the school that you have IS ties? There wasn’t any specific questions asked on the Secondary so I want to be safe!

What is an appropriate way to inform the school that you have IS ties? There wasn’t any specific questions asked on the Secondary so I want to be safe!

did you submit yet or no? If not, I would leave a comment in their question asking if you're a NY resident. You could mention you're not but you have IS ties

II IS on 8/21. complete 7/19.