2019-2020 Sam Houston State College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSC-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was curious on how people have sent in thank you letters to their interviewers. Did ya'll just send a general thank you email to the admission email or did ya'll get specific email addresses for the interviewers? I can only find one of my interviewers on their website.

Reactions: 1 user
I was curious on how people have sent in thank you letters to their interviewers. Did ya'll just send a general thank you email to the admission email or did ya'll get specific email addresses for the interviewers? I can only find one of my interviewers on their website.
At my interview, they told us to send our thank you letters to the admissions email and they would forward it to our interviewers. So I wrote personal ones and just sent them all to that email and the office emailed me back telling me they had forwarded my letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
At my interview, they told us to send our thank you letters to the admissions email and they would forward it to our interviewers. So I wrote personal ones and just sent them all to that email and the office emailed me back telling me they had forwarded my letters.
Thank you!

I am an out of state applicant (from Las Vegas) and just received an interview invitation! I am incredibly excited as I have a lot of family in The Woodlands. To those who have interviewed, what are your thoughts about the school? Do you have any tips or pieces of advice? :) My interview date is scheduled for January 24th, hope to see some of you there!

I am an out of state applicant (from Las Vegas) and just received an interview invitation! I am incredibly excited as I have a lot of family in The Woodlands. To those who have interviewed, what are your thoughts about the school? Do you have any tips or pieces of advice? :) My interview date is scheduled for January 24th, hope to see some of you there!
I interviewed and was accepted here. Although the school is new, you could tell from the interview that the faculty is really going to put in a lot of work to make sure that students do well. I got into a MD school so I'm planning on declining my acceptance offer; however, out of all the DO schools I interviewed at, I would've really considered going here.

Reactions: 4 users
TMDSAS ranking selection was updated today! Interviewed 11/8

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if they are still sending/going to send pre-match offers, or was it just on Nov. 15th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just gave up my interview slot for this school after being accepted elsewhere. Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone provide any info on this school? Curriculum, rotations etc..
Standard integrated systems based curriculum and rotations will be based in East TX (Huntsville, Fort Bend County, Conroe,...)

Last edited:
Has anybody seen or heard when orientation will be? I can’t remember if they said it at the interviews or not. I was just curious if it would be in August because that’s when classes are supposed to begin or if it would be before. I’m trying to plan a wedding while also figuring out our living situation and when to move.

Does anyone know if they accept updates or a letter of intent and if it has any weight?

Hey, I got an II for January, which is after rankings are due for the Match. Anyone have any idea how that will work for ranking? Am I basically interviewing for the waitlist?

There is no such thing as interviewing for the waitlist. After match day, its basically admission based on rolling basis. If they like you, they give offer shortly after.

Does anyone know when decisions will be released for people who interviewed on 11/22?

Just cancelled my interview here! Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Hi guys!! I have to be honest, I am devastated! I was so excited to be invited to be interviewed! I interviewed on 11/01. I thought it went well but did not hear back. I see people who interviewed later than I did being offered acceptances. What I think is happening is that basically I’m waitlisted, if not denied but most TX schools don’t send denial emails or letters, as some people who deny their acceptances the school will move down their list offering acceptances to the people in their waitlist. What do you guys think? I’m a nervous wreck! Every time my phone buzzes I sprint to it to see who it is... Any suggestions?

Hi guys!! I have to be honest, I am devastated! I was so excited to be invited to be interviewed! I interviewed on 11/01. I thought it went well but did not hear back. I see people who interviewed later than I did being offered acceptances. What I think is happening is that basically I’m waitlisted, if not denied but most TX schools don’t send denial emails or letters, as some people who deny their acceptances the school will move down their list offering acceptances to the people in their waitlist. What do you guys think? I’m a nervous wreck! Every time my phone buzzes I sprint to it to see who it is... Any suggestions?

Only the very best get prematch offers, often at several different schools. You can only matriculate to one school. It’s absolutely ridiculous to fret about Texas schools until after match day, when there will be lots of movement and when the majority of applicants will get their first acceptance.

Reactions: 3 users
For those who have been accepted, is there a deposit due anytime soon? Or do we just await further instructions after match day?

For those who have been accepted, is there a deposit due anytime soon? Or do we just await further instructions after match day?
There hasn't been any word of a deposit. I also emailed about campus tours and they said there would be a 2nd look day, but that there was no official date yet.

There hasn't been any word of a deposit. I also emailed about campus tours and they said there would be a 2nd look day, but that there was no official date yet.
Oh that sounds really cool. I definitely wanna go back and see the campus whenever the construction is complete

Quick question. Ive scheduled my Interview Date for 1/31/2020 and the last day to rank schools is 1/17/2020, so I was wondering how does ranking work for people interviewing after that date?

Quick question. Ive scheduled my Interview Date for 1/31/2020 and the last day to rank schools is 1/17/2020, so I was wondering how does ranking work for people interviewing after that date?

Wondering this as well, and we’ll be at the same interview!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

[QUOTE Quick question. Ive scheduled my Interview Date for 1/31/2020 and the last day to rank schools is 1/17/2020, so I was wondering how does ranking work for people interviewing after that date?]

Wondering this as well, and we’ll be at the same interview!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Since you will miss the deadline to include SHSU in your rank list, you won't be able to rank it.
Rank any other schools where you have interviewed, in your true order of preference.
On Match Day, you might get an admission offer via the Match.
If you are later offered admission from SHSU on a rolling basis, you may a) turn it down, or b) accept it.

If you did not match anywhere on Feb 3rd ( it does happen :() the SHSU offer will look attractive to you.

SHSU's late start date with applications this year because they are a new school caused this mismatch of dates.
I'm sure that next year they will be in line with the other TMDSAS schools and finish interviews in time for everyone to have a chance to rank them.

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are having a nice week! I have a 12/13/19 interview and received the "Interview Confirmation" email today but then at 4:12 pm received a "College of Osteopathic Medicine Admissions would like to recall the message, "Interview Confirmation"."
Did anyone else receive this?

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are having a nice week! I have a 12/13/19 interview and received the "Interview Confirmation" email today but then at 4:12 pm received a "College of Osteopathic Medicine Admissions would like to recall the message, "Interview Confirmation"."
Did anyone else receive this?

Same interview date and received those emails too.

has anyone by chance obtained a interview who was on interview hold before? Just was curious if there was any movement

Did not know this school's still giving out II. Received one this morning but withdrew!! Hope one of yall get it :)

Sent from my LG-H932 using SDN mobile

So I’ve noticed that everyone who interviewed before 11/22 got decisions pretty quickly, and I have not heard of anyone from 11/22 getting notified of acceptance or rejection yet that aren’t pre matches. do we think that they may just wait until Match day now or could an update be coming? I’m going crazy checking my email every second

So I’ve noticed that everyone who interviewed before 11/22 got decisions pretty quickly, and I have not heard of anyone from 11/22 getting notified of acceptance or rejection yet that aren’t pre matches. do we think that they may just wait until Match day now or could an update be coming? I’m going crazy checking my email every second
Acceptances before match day are considered prematches unless you’re OOS.