2019-2020 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II 510 MCAT 3.35 GPA. URM

Edit: Complete 7/4

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dam complete 7/3. Nothing. Rip
It is important to remember that most medical schools do NOT read applications in order. There is usually like a first read which gives an application different priorities and there are different readers etc.

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted early July and haven’t got a complete email... anyone else in this situation

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted early July and haven’t got a complete email... anyone else in this situation
Still can't even find my way to the part of the site that will supposedly allow us to check our status...

(Also have not received a complete email or secondary received email)

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone explain how to log-in to the portal? I can't seem to find it...
I'm 100% sure that you can't find it because it's either not there, or it's not where they told us we could find it (I've spent ~30 minutes trying to track it down...)

I'm probably wrong and it's hiding in plain sight, so please tell me I'm being dumb

I'm 100% sure that you can't find it because it's either not there, or it's not where they told us we could find it (I've spent ~30 minutes trying to track it down...)

I'm probably wrong and it's hiding in plain sight, so please tell me I'm being dumb
Same here. Someone posted the steps to do it, but I wasn't able to find it.

I gave up trying to find it. I got a complete email though.

I don't have a letter from the department in which I majored. I have many other letters, just not any from my major. I graduated 2017 (nontrad), does anyone know if NYMC is lenient with this requirement?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have a letter from the department in which I majored. I have many other letters, just not any from my major. I graduated 2017 (nontrad), does anyone know if NYMC is lenient with this requirement?
I asked the question several weeks ago and got this response: "In response to your inquiry, you should send along a letter of evaluation from someone who has taught you in a [your major] course used for your concentration." It looks like it's required, but it does not hurt to try!

Send an email to them to confirm, nobody here can tell you for sure and the due diligence is on you to make sure. The last thing you want is to accidentally mess up this requirement and miss out on an interview.

Good luck!

I called and they had me type out my reasoning as to why I didn't have that specific letter and added that to my file. I would just give them a call and you should be fine!

+1

Submitted 7/2 and no complete email. If anyone does find a way to check status within the portal please let us know, as I cannot find a way either.
+2

Question: I was verified on 6/5 but have yet to receive a secondary...anybody else in the same boat? Or is this weird?

Edit: checked spam and it wasn't there either :(
Did you find it? If it’s a school email or outlook it could be in your Clutter (different than spam).

anybody call admissions to find out if 1 quarter of biochem is sufficient? It says 1 semester biochem, but doesnt clarify abut quarter. Some schools say 1semester or 1 quarter is sufficient. Thank you!

Congrats on your II's! I just wanna get that complete email, NYMC, let me have it.

Reactions: 5 users
For anyone waiting for a complete email, do you meet all their LOR requirements? I didn’t have a non-science letter (hoped a physician letter would suffice) and I’m wondering if that’s why I haven’t been marked complete.

Same, literally losing hope

No need for that, it’s insanely early and these things aren’t always done chronologically. Complete email will come to everyone eventually, it’s not an evaluation of your credentials it’s just ensuring you have all the pieces together to get looked at.

No need for that, it’s insanely early and these things aren’t always done chronologically. Complete email will come to everyone eventually, it’s not an evaluation of your credentials it’s just ensuring you have all the pieces together to get looked at.

I do wish there were a way for me to check though, like on other portals, because right now I'm not sure if I just need to be patient or if I'm missing a certain criteria. Like if I'm missing a required LOR that I thought I fulfilled, etc.

For anyone waiting for a complete email, do you meet all their LOR requirements? I didn’t have a non-science letter (hoped a physician letter would suffice) and I’m wondering if that’s why I haven’t been marked complete.

I did not have a non-science letter either (I had biology, exercise science, and organic chem + 1 MD) and I was still marked complete.

Same here. I called the Admissions office and they said they accept substitute letters though, so I think we're okay...just taking time.

My understanding is complete = acknowledging primary/secondary submitted and received. Analysis of the LOR requirements happens later, I had an issue with one myself here also when I applied that wasn’t brought up until long after the complete email.

My understanding is complete = acknowledging primary/secondary submitted and received. Analysis of the LOR requirements happens later, I had an issue with one myself here also when I applied that wasn’t brought up until long after the complete email.

In response to that, my complete email stated "Your application to New York Medical College is complete. This means we are in receipt of your AMCAS application, required letters of recommendation and application fee."

So, I am hoping this means they have decided my letters will fulfill their requirement. But, who knows. They may harass me about not having a non-science LOR later in the cycle. We shall see :rolleyes:

Should I call the school if I submitted on 6/29 and still haven’t received a complete email?

Should I call the school if I submitted on 6/29 and still haven’t received a complete email?
Did you end up calling the school? I am also curious if I should follow up, although in the secondary instructions it asked us not to contact them to ask about the status of the application. It wasn't clear if they meant to check if they have reviewed it, or if they also do not want to be asked if they even have all the materials.

In response to that, my complete email stated "Your application to New York Medical College is complete. This means we are in receipt of your AMCAS application, required letters of recommendation and application fee."

So, I am hoping this means they have decided my letters will fulfill their requirement. But, who knows. They may harass me about not having a non-science LOR later in the cycle. We shall see :rolleyes:

We will see indeed, it’s a long cycle! I’m sure you’re on track, just keep on top of things and don’t stress too much.

Just received an interview invite. Blessed! International student (Undergrad and grad degrees from the US) here

Reactions: 7 users
anyone have the link to check their supplemental app status for NYMC? i can't find it anywhere