2019-2020 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Should I still be hopeful or it is a silent rejection at this point? (no II)

Reactions: 1 users
Should I still be hopeful or it is a silent rejection at this point? (no II)
Lol haven't been on here in ages and many of us are still left in the dark about this haha. Feels like a silent R at this point...

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an interview invite from Meharry. I just wanted to let people know since they have been asking about interviews.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I just received an interview invite from Meharry. I just wanted to let people know since they have been asking about interviews.
Do you know when their last interview date appears to be?

Reactions: 2 users
Did you receive an email from admissions prior to II saying that your app is still being considered? Or you never got any prior emails from admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the MHS email so... I'm anticipating an R when they start sending them out

Did you receive an email from admissions prior to II saying that your app is still being considered? Or you never got any prior emails from admissions?
Yes, I got an email earlier saying I was still under consideration a few weeks ago.

Reactions: 4 users
If we got an MHS are y’all applying now or waiting to be rejected?

I got the MHS invite email today. Is there still an opportunity for me to get a II

So it seems like those who are getting IIs recieved some sort of correspondence email either for MHS or that their app is still being taken into consideration?

Do you think there is an opportunity to still get a II even after getting the MHS email?

Man idk.. I’ve heard the MHS email is essentially a rejection .. but I want to be hopeful there’s still a chance and maybe they’re interested in us

Congrats! Do you know what dates are available?
I was only asked about my availability for Friday 4/24 so I’m not sure. The email seemed like they were resuming the process after being on pause and reaching out to other potential interviewees. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more coming.

Reactions: 3 users
I was only asked about my availability for Friday 4/24 so I’m not sure. The email seemed like they were resuming the process after being on pause and reaching out to other potential interviewees. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more coming.
thank you for being so positive :)

Reactions: 3 users
theres no way to access our application right? this is all i have access too lmao

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 4.08.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 4.08.39 PM.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 124
They didn’t give any dates just to reply to accept by Friday. The interview will be digital.

Interesting. I wonder when they will conduct these interviews. What are your stats?

For those that got the MHS email.. are you applying or waiting to receive an official rejection first?

Does anyone have a best guess of a recent match rate/Step 1 pass? I could only find 88% from 2015 on the quick facts page. As most of us start transitioning to the "decision" stage of this process, I'm curious about outcome data. I'm finding surprising similarities between these figures and other domestic/international programs.

Last edited:
Congrats! What are your stats? When did you apply?
All due respect, I don’t know that my mentioning stats would be very helpful to anyone. I sent my primary application 7/14, I received a secondary invitation 11/22. My application was complete 11/23.

• Wow
Does anyone have a best guess of a recent match rate/Step 1 pass? I could only find 88% from 2015 on the quick facts page. As most of start transitioning to the "decision" stage of this process, I'm curious about outcome data. I'm finding surprising similarities between these figures and other domestic/international programs.
I too am interested in that data. A current student that's in this thread alleges they hide it.

I too am interested in that data. A current student that's in this thread alleges they hide it.
This is a big yikes! Cause a lot of DO schools are doing better in the USMLE pass rates. They’re usually closer to 95-99%

• Hmm
This is a big yikes! Cause a lot of DO schools are doing better in the USMLE pass rates. They’re usually closer to 95-99%
I think another student has mentioned that they've changed their curriculum recently and have also incorporated NBME style questions for their exams. So things could potentially improve in that department.

Well whether they hide it or just don't volunteer it, I think every school has their own math to come up with the answer. Problem is: few programs show their work. Match v. SOAP? Specialty choice? PGY1 v. PGY2? Positions found outside NRMP? Plus, I'm sure most schools will have some number of students who will require remediation also skewing data.

Well whether they hide it or just don't volunteer it, I think every school has their own math to come up with the answer. Problem is: few programs show their work. Match v. SOAP? Specialty choice? PGY1 v. PGY2? Positions found outside NRMP? Plus, I'm sure most schools will have some number of students who will require remediation also skewing data.
That part.