2019-2020 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe he’s trolling? I mean he did just make that account and post that one comment.
I mean if (s)he did receive an interview, that is great for them. It just seems a little suspicious that there was only one out of everyone on the post. Seems like (s)he may be trying to poke the neurotic pre-meds. I'm not going to start worrying yet. (Although it did get the heart pounding a bit earlier).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe he’s trolling? I mean he did just make that account and post that one comment.
No I am just new to SDN because I didn't really know about it until recently! But my undergraduate school has affiliations with MUCOM so that is part of the reasoning for receiving an II so quickly.

Reactions: 1 users
Also, my advisor told me that Marian begins reviewing completed applications on August 13 I believe so it is still very early in the process and that is why it seems like it takes forever to hear from them. So I'm sure more interviews will be going out next week!!

Members don't see this ad :)
No I am just new to SDN because I didn't really know about it until recently! But my undergraduate school has affiliations with MUCOM so that is part of the reasoning for receiving an II so quickly.

Congrats on the interview!!

Also, my advisor told me that Marian begins reviewing completed applications on August 13 I believe so it is still very early in the process and that is why it seems like it takes forever to hear from them. So I'm sure more interviews will be going out next week!!
MU-COM has been reviewing applications and said that they have been having issues with their system and would be sending them out either today or tomorrow. Appears everyone else selected will hear back tomorrow. They must have managed to get it to work for you. Congrats on the II.

Members don't see this ad :)
When paying for the secondary application, it says to enter in the “payment ID” from the confirmation email into the box, or can you just input the confirmation number given on the receipt? I am having difficulty receiving the email cause the payment site’s servers were down and the help line said it may be a few days before I get an email. I just want to submit ASAP, but this issue is holding up my application :/

When paying for the secondary application, it says to enter in the “payment ID” from the confirmation email into the box, or can you just input the confirmation number given on the receipt? I am having difficulty receiving the email cause the payment site’s servers were down and the help line said it may be a few days before I get an email. I just want to submit ASAP, but this issue is holding up my application :/

I just used the number on the payment confirmation page and it worked.

Those who have submitted their secondary application, could you please tell me if the school gave you a deadline for submitting the secondary app, like 2 weeks/1 month? Thanks

II today, complete 7/25, LM 66ish

Just got an email from them. Deferred until they receive my 2nd MCAT score.

Rejected just now. Good Luck Everyone!

• Sad
I am having a hard time answering the secondary quesiton "Are you interested in practicing medicine in Indiana? If yes, please describe your interest and reasons why. If no, please explain why not."

I live in the midwest and I have never been to Indiana but MU-COM seems like a fantastic school. How did you guys answer this question?

I am having a hard time answering the secondary quesiton "Are you interested in practicing medicine in Indiana? If yes, please describe your interest and reasons why. If no, please explain why not."

I live in the midwest and I have never been to Indiana but MU-COM seems like a fantastic school. How did you guys answer this question?

Just be completely honest! Just explain why or why not. If yes, you could say something about expanding your horizons and if no, you could say something along the lines of you prefer to stay close to home/where you’re originally from. And since you’ve never been there you could also say you’re open minded to it. I said no I was not interested, and just explained my reason why, and had an interview last cycle. Good luck!

II today! Are any of you bringing guests to interview day? I was thinking about bringing along my parent due to the long drive (and he really wants to go to one with me!) Do any of you know if they are invited to the sessions, other than the actual interview, or only the interviewees?

Finally got the completion email. In hopefully a month I will hopefully hear something back

When did you submit your secondary? It’s been over 3 weeks for me and still not complete
Lol I submitted mine on 7/24. I contacted them to see what was going on and soon after that I got the complete email. I’m just really worried I’m gonna be behind now...

Hi All,
We understand there is a bit more of a lag time between submission of supplemental application and file complete email. We have seen an enormous growth of applications this year (up currently 29%) from last year. We are truly working as hard and as fast as we can to complete all applications! Thank you for your patience!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi All,
We understand there is a bit more of a lag time between submission of supplemental application and file complete email. We have seen an enormous growth of applications this year (up currently 29%) from last year. We are truly working as hard and as fast as we can to complete all applications! Thank you for your patience!
Thank you for your help! Do you advise us to wait a certain amount of time before we email you to check on the status of our application?

Hi All,
Thank you so much for the clarification!

Received the email this afternoon that I am on hold for re-review in <4 weeks. Sigh...MU, just love me the way that I love you!

It was an emotional roller coaster email that boiled down to: we see you, but you're not one of our most competitive applicants, so sit tight until we consider you again in another pool of applicants in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
It was an emotional roller coaster email that boiled down to: we see you, but you're not one of our most competitive applicants, so sit tight until we consider you again in another pool of applicants in the next few weeks.

What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

Withdrawing my interview here due to another acceptance! Hopefully it goes to one of y’all :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users