2019-2020 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status on the portal changed to “PV pending interview”. Can anyone confirm if this means I should expect an II?

What portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like they're pretty strict on their policies as it encompasses even their medical students. I'm sure they won't catch you having a beer in the comfort of your home, but I'm not sure how it would be received at a local bar. Any current students want to chime in on this?
Liberty doesn’t want us to drink. It’s something they firmly believe in. But most students still drink. Just not in public and they don’t talk about it on social media. BUT I would say, when you sign the honor code - you are saying you won’t do this so you aren’t being true to your word if you drink. Liberty has no way of enforcing what happens in your own home. So unless you are out at a bar, buying alcohol at Kroger and some official person from the school sees you, or you post in on social media - they can’t punish you. Also- alcohol is expensive- save your money for coffee- you’ll need it.

Reactions: 1 user
Do they not look at your application until your CASPer scores are in? My secondary was recieved 7/15 but they just got my CASPer score on August 13th. Should I be expecting anyhting soon?

Edit: I have not heard anything from them since they confirmed receipt of my secondary in July.

Do they not look at your application until your CASPer scores are in? My secondary was recieved 7/15 but they just got my CASPer score on August 13th. Should I be expecting anyhting soon?

Edit: I have not heard anything from them since they confirmed receipt of my secondary in July.
I had submitted my secondary back in early July, but only received an II a week after my Casper score was sent in early August. So yeah they will probs review ur app now that they have ur casper

I had submitted my secondary back in early July, but only received an II a week after my Casper score was sent in early August. So yeah they will probs review ur app now that they have ur casper

great, thanks! really stinks that the casper put a hard stop on my application until they received those scores...... i guess we will find out how i did on the casper! lol

how long does it take for them to give you a decision for II? They already have my casper.

Did anyone get a confirmation email after scheduling your interview? I didn't get one yet and I'm debating on calling them to make sure it went through.

Did anyone get a confirmation email after scheduling your interview? I didn't get one yet and I'm debating on calling them to make sure it went through.

I got one about 2 weeks after I scheduled my interview with more details about interview day.

I received mine this week with more details regarding how the day will go. Also, if you go on the interview scheduling site, you should see that your interview date is locked after a day or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you were complete? :)
3.2 sGPA 3.4 overall MCAT 503; a lot of research hours, volunteer and scribe in training.

Completed July 19th and Casper completed July 30th. I figured that they probably started reviewing my app after my casper tho.

Last edited:
Is this school really religious? Is mass/service mandatory? I would actually love that so much!

Is this school really religious? Is mass/service mandatory? I would actually love that so much!
I visited the school last year. There is no mandatory religious service as there are students of all faiths that go to the school.

Convocation is a meeting of the student body to listen to both faith based, and non faith based speakers. It is not mandatory if you live off campus, but available if you would like to attend

Convocation is a meeting of the student body to listen to both faith based, and non faith based speakers. It is not mandatory if you live off campus, but available if you would like to attend

Just a clarification: the main campus (Liberty) has a large convocation 3 times a week that is mandatory for on campus students and optional for off campus.

LUCOM has its own smaller convocation every Wednesday, and is optional.

Any information on how the interview is conducted? Group interview, MMI, panel, ect? Interviewing on 11/8 and very excited as this is my top school choice!

Reactions: 1 users
Any information on how the interview is conducted? Group interview, MMI, panel, ect? Interviewing on 11/8 and very excited as this is my top school choice!

2 faculty on 1, tour of school, and meeting some other faculty+students I believe

2 faculty on 1, tour of school, and meeting some other faculty+students I believe

Yep, 2 faculty per interviewee (low stress interview), student led tour, plenty of opportunity to meet current students, lunch with faculty and student tour guide.

OMS-1 here, happy to try to answer any questions you might have! I was in your shoes this time last year...hang in there and good luck!

Yep, 2 faculty per interviewee (low stress interview), student led tour, plenty of opportunity to meet current students, lunch with faculty and student tour guide.
Thank you for the help! Also was wondering what types of questions they may ask? Just trying to prepare early!

How long does it take to get a response after you interview?
Anywhere from a week to several months, depending on when the committee meets and whether you’re placed on a wait list or not. Make sure you watch your liberty email and the portal for any post interview communication.

Thank you for the help! Also was wondering what types of questions they may ask? Just trying to prepare early!

At mine: the usual why medicine, why LUCOM, and why DO? From there, they asked a few questions specific to unique parts of my personal statement, and about my experience with underserved communities. I believe there was also a question about LUCOM being a Christian school, and how I felt I would fit in that environment.

Reactions: 2 users
II! Literally came at 3 am

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
did they pre-screen? I haven't got my secondary

They do pre-screen. 3.0 both cGPA and sGPA, 500 MCAT with greater than 123 per section were last year’s screens. Those are the AACOMAS calculated GPAs, with grad and undergrad calculated together.

Now, last year they looked at sub-500 MCATs in February, so they stratify apps as well, and all is not lost if you’re currently screened. I was told the GPAs were a hard rule though.

They also welcome updates, so if your grades go up or you retake the MCAT, let them know!

OMS-1 here, happy to try to answer any questions you might have! I was in your shoes this time last year...hang in there and good luck!
Thank you for helping us out! I have a couple questions if you don't mind. Was your interview experience more laid-back or professional? Also, do we need to bring anything to the interview?

Thank you for helping us out! I have a couple questions if you don't mind. Was your interview experience more laid-back or professional? Also, do we need to bring anything to the interview?

Ummm, both? My interviewers tried everything they could to put me at ease, and the interview was very conversational, but it also covered all the big professional points of why I wanted to be a doctor, why LUCOM, why DO, etc. I was very nervous, but it wasn’t because of anything my interviewers said or did. I’m just high strung, lol.

My interviewers prayed for me, so be prepared for that, and be gracious if you’re not religious. Don’t pretend you are if you aren’t...we have students from all levels and types of faith here, and everyone is respectful.

You don’t need to bring anything to the interview. You’ll be given a little swag and it will include all the literature you’ll need. If you have questions that day, ask them. The adcom tries to be very transparent about the school and the admissions process, and they want you to leave with all your questions answered. You’ll have opportunities to meet faculty, staff and current students.

They do pre-screen. 3.0 both cGPA and sGPA, 500 MCAT with greater than 123 per section were last year’s screens. Those are the AACOMAS calculated GPAs, with grad and undergrad calculated together.

Now, last year they looked at sub-500 MCATs in February, so they stratify apps as well, and all is not lost if you’re currently screened. I was told the GPAs were a hard rule though.

They also welcome updates, so if your grades go up or you retake the MCAT, let them know!
mine are much higher than this i just emailed them what is going on hhhh

mine are much higher than this i just emailed them what is going on hhhh

Good idea. If you don’t get an email response then you can call them and check the status of your application. Everyone is very nice and I called about my app a few times last cycle.

**Open note to all applicants: I know the cycle is extremely stressful, I was in your place last year. Try not to assume the worst if communication is slow or non-existent...the school gets close to 5,000 applications, sometimes things don’t come through correctly, and there are humans who occasionally make mistakes on the other end.

Make sure you’re checking your email and spam folders, and your portals for schools that have them. Call schools if you feel like something wasn’t received, and always be polite and assume the best about anyone you speak to. Good luck everyone, you’re all gonna do great!

1566801585950.png

Does this mean they're reviewing my application? I can't find the status anywhere!

Also this is what this page is completely blank after my II
1566801662014.png

I submitted my primary on aug 20th and have not received the secondary yet..should I e-mail them or is this normal?

I submitted my primary on aug 20th and have not received the secondary yet..should I e-mail them or is this normal?
I initially got an email saying I was being considered for a secondary. Then like 10 days later got it

It took me two weeks to receive the primary received email. And they said it takes up to one month to review my eligibility for the secodnary

finally II!
complete 8/15ish. annoying CASPER score takes awhile to get there.

I got a II but all the dates are for January. I went ahead and scheduled one, but should I keep checking back to see if there are earlier dates? Is interviewing in January for the waitlist at that point?