2018-2019 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That sounds like good news! I don't have that number but hopefully you can call back tomorrow. When did you interview?

I interviewed on 11/12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
After over 2 months, finally got a rejection. Already got accepted somewhere else I really wanted to go so it's all good. Damn tho, they took their time on telling me.

For anyone wondering, I contacted admissions and they aren't reviewing applicants with less than a 500 at this time. I was told they would start reviewing those in January

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview today after being complete in September...Still excited but goodness gracious they take a while.

Finally rejected after 7 weeks. Oh well, Virginia was fun and I got to do some hiking in the beautiful Appalachians.

Even though I'm a little salty about how long it took for their reply, I still think Liberty is a really good school. The faculty and students are so friendly and all seem really genuine. The cirriculum seems well streamlined and their cadaver lab is absolutely state of the art. The surrounding area is incredibly beautiful, as well. Good luck everyone else applying!

It stinks you guys are having these issues, it's not intentional, i can assure y'all that.

I believe the volume of applicants increased substantially since last year and with the holidays they have fallen behind in processing of apps.

Accepted!

Also, can someone speak to the rotations here? Do you have to move around every 4 weeks or do you move to one location and rotate through a hospital system?

Accepted!

Also, can someone speak to the rotations here? Do you have to move around every 4 weeks or do you move to one location and rotate through a hospital system?

Congrats!! When and where did you hear from them?

Finally rejected today. After nearly 8 weeks of waiting when originally given 10-21 days estimate.

I really have to say I'm heavily disappointed. Not solely because it took a while but because I poured my heart out and was so excited to potentially attend this school. LUCOM's got a fantastic facility with superb staff. I thought to myself: "Wow! I would love to be here!" I guess...they didn't see that passion in me.

And I would check my portal everyday, looking for an answer. Someone who interviewed the same day as me got accepted within 4 weeks. "Hey, did you hear back from LUCOM yet? I haven't heard anything!" "Yeah, I got accepted weeks ago!"

I knew I wasn't going to hear a favorable response but I kept checking my portal multiple times a day hoping for a waitlist. If any of you are waiting 5+ weeks, brace yourselves.

It's really such a good school. I am happy they gave me a chance but I feel heartbroken since I have no other options waiting for me. As a reapplicant, if I don't get in anywhere this year, I've already made the choice to quit medicine... Good luck to everyone that got in and good luck to everyone in the future. :(

I have a feeling that I will be rejected because I interviewed in 11/8 and I have not heard anything.

Interviewed 11/14, accepted 11/29.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally rejected today. After nearly 8 weeks of waiting when originally given 10-21 days estimate.

I really have to say I'm heavily disappointed. Not solely because it took a while but because I poured my heart out and was so excited to potentially attend this school. LUCOM's got a fantastic facility with superb staff. I thought to myself: "Wow! I would love to be here!" I guess...they didn't see that passion in me.

And I would check my portal everyday, looking for an answer. Someone who interviewed the same day as me got accepted within 4 weeks. "Hey, did you hear back from LUCOM yet? I haven't heard anything!" "Yeah, I got accepted weeks ago!"

I knew I wasn't going to hear a favorable response but I kept checking my portal multiple times a day hoping for a waitlist. If any of you are waiting 5+ weeks, brace yourselves.

It's really such a good school. I am happy they gave me a chance but I feel heartbroken since I have no other options waiting for me. As a reapplicant, if I don't get in anywhere this year, I've already made the choice to quit medicine... Good luck to everyone that got in and good luck to everyone in the future. :(
Same thing just happened to me as well, 2 months with no response to emails/calls to finally send a rejection letter at 10pm at night. Super disappointed as I loved the school and wanted to stay in state. I hope you have better luck with other schools and that you get in somewhere that you love!

I DM’ed you but don’t give up on your medical school dream! Hang in there buddy and you’ve worked too hard to give up on medicine!

Currently waitlisted. If you don’t mind me asking what are your stats?

You can DM if you’d like.

When did you hear about being waitlisted? I am 5 weeks out of my interview and haven’t heard anything yet. Seems like my best bet so far

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When did you hear about being waitlisted? I am 5 weeks out of my interview and haven’t heard anything yet. Seems like my best bet so far

I heard back a little over a week after interview. May have some luck after Dec 15 deadline. There should be some movement. Fingers crossed.

Accepted!

For 3rd year rotations you’ll basically be at one hospital all year. There’s sites in VA, IL, and TX. It’s a lottery to where you go (like when your number is chosen, you chose from the remaining spots). You’ll be back here for I believe 2 weeks for an OMM rotation. And most hospitals have one rotation that’s somewhere else so you’ll be spending a month away. If you are in Lynchburg for rotations, it’s not actually Lynchburg. It’s Centra hospital system. And you’ll be doing a lot of traveling within like a 1.5 hour radius. Some have two hospitals you’ll be at that are like 20-30 minutes form each other so youll be commuting more some days. But it’s not “everyone moves every month”.

I received an II as well. The email came at like 3:06 AM this morning. Submitted my secondary sometime mid-August.

Received an II last week, but will withdrawing my app. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Congrats! Do you plan to put down the deposit? My interview is this week, any last minute interview tips? Thank you!

Putting down the deposit soon. Just be yourself, the interview was super relaxed and everyone is friendly.

does anyone know what time the deposit is due tomorrow? is it anytime before midnight?

Is a 1/24 interview basically a waitlist interview? I'm not sure how much longer the osteopathic cycle is or when they usually fill up their spots.

I doubt it's a waitlist interview. Many people in my class interviewed after Christmas.

Reactions: 3 users
Have any admitted students been able to access the checklist? I was admitted October 31st and paid the deposit already but still cant see the checklist on the myLU page.

Any current students know of good places to live?

Went to undergrad there. A lot of students live in cornerstone. Nice apartments, not far from campus. Some other town homes around, and there is housing all around Timberlake road. It’s a big school so there are a lot of apartments in the area

Have any admitted students been able to access the checklist? I was admitted October 31st and paid the deposit already but still cant see the checklist on the myLU page.

You have to go to the “add widget” button on the myLU homepage to add the admissions checklist to your homepage.

You have to go to the “add widget” button on the myLU homepage to add the admissions checklist to your homepage.

I've already done this. The only checklists that appear for me that I can select are for some online classes. I've emailed LUCOM twice and they haven't replied both times (both emails were sent through my LUCOM address).

anyone who interviewed on 11/29 hear anything?

Is a 1/24 interview basically a waitlist interview? I'm not sure how much longer the osteopathic cycle is or when they usually fill up their spots.
Current class of 2021. I submitted my application at the end of January and interviewed in March (delayed because I came off active duty military). I've heard we are filling up much quicker since, but keep in mind that many students will hold multiple seats at different schools until the deadline (usually the start of May). Students can only hold one seat after the deadline. So even if you are waitlisted there is usually movement on the waitlists in April-June as students make their final decisions on which school to attend. I was priority waitlisted after my interview, which is basically an acceptance pending seat availability, there is also a general waitlist. My class had a large amount of students that were pulled off the general waitlist from what I've been told. The following class had almost none. Every cycle is different.

Reactions: 2 users
Current class of 2021. I submitted my application at the end of January and interviewed in March (delayed because I came off active duty military). I've heard we are filling up much quicker since, but keep in mind that many students will hold multiple seats at different schools until the deadline (usually the start of May). Students can only hold one seat after the deadline. So even if you are waitlisted there is usually movement on the waitlists in April-June as students make their final decisions on which school to attend. I was priority waitlisted after my interview, which is basically an acceptance pending seat availability, there is also a general waitlist. My class had a large amount of students that were pulled off the general waitlist from what I've been told. The following class had almost none. Every cycle is different.

Good to know! I think I actually might withdraw because I got accepted by my top choice school, and I don't want to steal a spot from someone else.

Reactions: 1 users
I've got an interview coming up and really like mission of this school and its commitment to serving the underserved in the area. How much of an influence does religion have on your daily life as a medical student? I know undergrad at Liberty you have weekly or monthly (cant remember which) religious seminar/classes. Are the professors and student body accepting to people of different backgrounds and faiths? The website says they are but I would like a students opinion! Thank you

The amount of religion you allow into your medical education is completely up to you. I think undergads might be required to attend weekly convocations, but we are not.

And yes, people of other faiths arent treated any differently from what I can see.

Any news on more acceptance/rejection letter? I interviewed 11/01 and still haven’t heard anything and when I call they keep telling different times that I should hear. Sort of expecting a rejection but would still like to know

Received interview this morning at 3 am! Scheduled for 1/28. Any tips/advice?

Congrats on the interview! It was really laid back and I suggest being yourself. Read over your application especially your PS and secondaries because they'll want to see if you are who you say you are.

Also does anyone know when the next committee meeting is?