2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrawing my PBL Erie spot tomorrow! hopefully it goes to one of you guys :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Did any of you receive an email this morning asking if you still want to be part of the alternate list?
I did too. She sent a correction email saying how there’s an alternate list and a waitlist. I still don’t get why they have two lists or what the difference is

Reactions: 1 user
I did too. She sent a correction email saying how there’s an alternate list and a waitlist. I still don’t get why they have two lists or what the difference is
I am very confused why they two lists. Which is better Alternate list or Wait List?

Did any of you receive an email this morning asking if you still want to be part of the alternate list?

I didn’t get this email...now I’m stressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did your decision letter say “waitlist” or “alternate list”? Mine says "Wait List"

Last edited:
I have seen on the Elmira 2024 FB page at least 3 students have opted for other schools.

Alternate list. Do you know what the difference is?

No idea but I started the conversation on the DO waitlist thread. Maybe someone else has some insight

No idea but I started the conversation on the DO waitlist thread. Maybe someone else has some insight

I'm on the alternate list. Given all the confusion on this thread about the "wait" and "alternate" lists, I emailed Lisa Kalivoda last night to get some clarification. She responded to me this morning confirming that there are indeed two lists. She stated that the waitlist is shorter and usually started near the end of the cycle (not sure exactly what that the last part means or entails). They typically move through the waitlist first and then the alternate list, although they have already accepted students off both lists this cycle. Hope this helps!

I'm on the alternate list. Given all the confusion on this thread about the "wait" and "alternate" lists, I emailed Lisa Kalivoda last night to get some clarification. She responded to me this morning confirming that there are indeed two lists. She stated that the waitlist is shorter and usually started near the end of the cycle (not sure exactly what that the last part means or entails). They typically move through the waitlist first and then the alternate list, although they have already accepted students off both lists this cycle. Hope this helps!
Did she say that was for all campuses?

Considering this is one of the largest osteopathic school threads, what draws people here? Is it the low tuition?

Considering this is one of the largest osteopathic school threads, what draws people here? Is it the low tuition?

For me personally:

-Low tuition.
-THEY stated that they had great USMLE scores/COMLEX scores.
-100% match rate
-I like that the USMLE is mandatory, because it would motivate me to take it.
-The school is in NYS, and I am from NYS.
-There is a good amount of diversity.
-Staff has been really helpful.
-I actually personally love the business casual attire, even though it may get tiring later on.
-I liked Elmira. A lot of people don't like the way Elmira looks and have told me it is in the middle of nowhere, and this made me upset and I actually was miserable thinking I'm going to hate it there. I took a trip there myself, and I loved it. So many lakes, and the area looked clean and small and peaceful.

Some cons I have seen on reddit/SDN: Bad/lazy staff that doesn't help anyone, strict and absurd rules: no drinking/eating in classrooms, you can't have water bottles in class, the business casual clothing.

I have seen a lot of people complain on reddit/SDN about this school, and I initially took the interview and was dreading the whole ride there. I took into heart the stuff I read online, and it made me dislike the school. But, once I had my interview, I really loved the school, the diversity I saw, and my interviewers were great/nice. I did not like Lake Erie, because the area seemed gloomy. But I did sign up for the Elmira campus. Then, I kept hearing from everyone that Elmira is in the middle of nowhere/not really an attractive place. Well, I do think it is in the middle of nowhere. But, when I went there, I enjoyed the peacefulness, the lakes, the ride from Elmira to Corning and Horseheads, etc.

Did anyone get a confirmation after saying they wanted to stay on the alternate list

For those who mailed in your waitlist/alternate list confirmation letters after you received a decision, did your portal change to say that they received it? How long did it take to change?

For those who mailed in your waitlist/alternate list confirmation letters after you received a decision, did your portal change to say that they received it? How long did it take to change?

In my case, the portal within 3 days.

Yes, portal will say you're on the waiting list. It took around 8 days for me

i emailed as well and my portal changed within 2 days

Does anyone know how to send updated transcripts to the school?

Anyone hear anything from the wait/alternate list?

Anyone know who the Dean of Admissions is for LECOM Erie? Trying to send an update letter to them and can't find the dean listed anywhere. Should I just address it to Lisa Kalivoda?

Anyone know who the Dean of Admissions is for LECOM Erie? Trying to send an update letter to them and can't find the dean listed anywhere. Should I just address it to Lisa Kalivoda?
I suggest sending it to Lisa and to the admissions@lecom. edu email address.

I suggest sending it to Lisa and to the admissions@lecom. edu email address.
But who should I address the actual letter to since it doesn't appear they have a dean of admissions? The Admissions Committee or Lisa? I'm going to email the letter to Lisa. Sorry if that was confusing.

Lisa is part of the admissions team. I would address it to LECOM Admissions Team.

Lisa is part of the admissions team. I would address it to LECOM Admissions Team.
Yeah I'm just going to address it to Lisa since she is the director of admissions. I guess I was just thrown off because the other schools I've been sending letters to have a "dean of admissions." Appreciate the help!

Received "Interest in Remaining on Waitlist" email for Erie this morning (it was in my spam folder). Maybe this means that movement is on the horizon??

Reactions: 5 users