2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed with Seton Hill on 4/16 hear back yet?
II received 4/13, interview date (info session) 4/16, 5 minute video submitted 4/16 (it was due 4/21), portal status change "Thank you for interviewing at Seton Hill..." 4/21.
Ranked Erie #1, I'm afraid of getting ghosted after my interview. Do you also get rejection letters via mail?

II received 4/13, interview date (info session) 4/16, 5 minute video submitted 4/16 (it was due 4/21), portal status change "Thank you for interviewing at Seton Hill..." 4/21.
Ranked Erie #1, I'm afraid of getting ghosted after my interview. Do you also get rejection letters via mail?
Oh you should check your actual mail

Reactions: 1 user
Have you checked your portal for status update?

I was also waitlisted for Elmira. I was waitlisted after interviewing in December.

good luck to you all and hope they will stating clearing the wait list soon.

I was checking the LECOM Elmira 2024 FB page and it has over 131 members and not sure if all of them are accepted students.

I was accepted to LECOM in Elmira NY. I am looking for apartments, and a female room-mate (I am also a female). Please message me if you are interested. Thank you.
Can anybody confirm with me if LECOM dental and medical schools are going to be online for the first fall semester this year due to covid? They're expecting a second wave of COVID in the fall. The dean of pharmacy at LECOM formally announced yesterday that so far, only the Bradenton pathway of pharmacy will be online. Not sure if other pathways in Erie or FL are affected as well. Please let me know, thanks.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Can anybody confirm with me if LECOM dental and medical schools are going to be online for the first fall semester this year due to covid? They're expecting a second wave of COVID in the fall. The dean of pharmacy at LECOM formally announced yesterday that all pharm pathways in every state will be online. Please let me know, thanks.
There have been no official decisions on this yet. We are planning to be back on campus in the Fall but arrangements are being made so that we can go online if we need to. It’s all developing daily so no one really knows what the status of everything will be come August.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who has been accepted.. do you know when the drug screening is? Or how much time they gave you after your acceptance to complete it

Anyone who has been accepted.. do you know when the drug screening is? Or how much time they gave you after your acceptance to complete it
I had a huge window to set it up, but I was accepted in the fall, so I'm not sure if it would be similar now. After you set up the background check, the company emails you with a testing facility and you have a few days to set up an appointment, go in, and complete the test. I think it came back in a day or so.

Accepted students, how long does it take for the background check and UA to go through? I’m trying to procrastinate going to a test center+ paying for it for as long as possible due to COVID.

I believe the current due date for the matriculation packet (immunizations/titers/background check) is June 1st. but they are being flexible with the bloodwork bc of covid

I believe the current due date for the matriculation packet (immunizations/titers/background check) is June 1st. but they are being flexible with the bloodwork bc of covid
Do you know if the time frame is different if students got accepted later on? Like say someone gets in a week before classes, would they still get the same timeframe as everyone?

Anyone else still waiting for a decision to be made on their application?

Reactions: 4 users
Do you know if the time frame is different if students got accepted later on? Like say someone gets in a week before classes, would they still get the same timeframe as everyone?
This happened to me last year. It was very much a “we aren’t going to give you specific deadlines but get it done as soon as you can” situation. As long as everything was done in the first month or two of school they were okay with it.

This happened to me last year. It was very much a “we aren’t going to give you specific deadlines but get it done as soon as you can” situation. As long as everything was done in the first month or two of school they were okay with it.
So they didn’t really give you a time period? When did you end up getting yours done, August/sep? I don’t want to freak out Incase I get in last minute so I want a good idea of when to quit lol

no idea but I hope they would be flexible in order to fill their class haha

Anyone else still waiting for a decision to be made on their application?
Submitted my video and pathway form on 4/14, portal updated on 4/21 to all of my program materials being accounted for, still says thanks for interviewing we'll let ya know

Submitted my video and pathway form on 4/14, portal updated on 4/21 to all of my program materials being accounted for, still says thanks for interviewing we'll let ya know
Gotta check your mailbox
I received my notification on physical form. It was a waitlist

Same boat. Sent my video 4/16 and portal updated 4/21 saying thanks for interviewing. I've heard nothing yet, checking my mail has become quite the event.

When does the most waitlist movement typically occur for lecom?

Reactions: 3 users
So they didn’t really give you a time period? When did you end up getting yours done, August/sep? I don’t want to freak out Incase I get in last minute so I want a good idea of when to quit lol
They were very understanding that it’s a ton to get done at once. I made sure to get it all done in the first couple weeks but they weren’t rushing me to do so. I just didn’t want to have to worry about it.

Did anyone from the WL get the medical master's program email?

My portal for Elmira just updated to saying a decision has been made, and I should receive a letter in 14 days. A little nervous it is a WL or AL because now there is a second tab for Erie stating that my application is under review. Has anyone who received an acceptance also had their portal update like that?

My portal for Elmira just updated to saying a decision has been made, and I should receive a letter in 14 days. A little nervous it is a WL or AL because now there is a second tab for Erie stating that my application is under review. Has anyone who received an acceptance also had their portal update like that?
When did you interview? I was put on wait list with the similar update on the portal.

Anyone who recorded a video as the interview, how well do you think you answered the 3 questions? I keep re-watching my video and keep noticing more mistakes I made. The five minute made feel a bit time pressured so my answers were a bit generic and I could discuss any anecdotes.

I also submitted my video 4/16 and have the same fear

When did you interview? I was put on wait list with the similar update on the portal.
I sent in my initial app on 2/10, Secondary 2/18, II 3/9, video submission 4/10 and info session attended on 4/16. Trying to keep high hopes as I am already WL'd at two other schools. But hey, fingers crossed everything works out for all of us. I'm gonna be stalking the mail truck for the next few days haha

I sent in my initial app on 2/10, Secondary 2/18, II 3/9, video submission 4/10 and info session attended on 4/16. Trying to keep high hopes as I am already WL'd at two other schools. But hey, fingers crossed everything works out for all of us. I'm gonna be stalking the mail truck for the next few days haha
didn't know LECOM had info sessions, when is there next one? I haven't attended any info session bc I never got an email about one

didn't know LECOM had info sessions, when is there next one? I haven't attended any info session bc I never got an email about one
It was actually the information session that goes along with the virtual interview submission. Probably in place to make up for not having an actual in person interview day. This was for Elmira though. I'm not sure if this is the case for the other campuses.

It was actually the information session that goes along with the virtual interview submission. Probably in place to make up for not having an actual in person interview day. This was for Elmira though. I'm not sure if this is the case for the other campuses.
I interviewed for eerie and they didn't say anything about info session

Anyone who recorded a video as the interview, how well do you think you answered the 3 questions? I keep re-watching my video and keep noticing more mistakes I made. The five minute made feel a bit time pressured so my answers were a bit generic and I could discuss any anecdotes.
I agree. I kept thinking I should redo it because I felt like I was rushing to answer questions. Definitely did not include as much detail as I wanted to. Still have not heard back. Interviewed 4/16.

I believe the "info session" is the zoom thing we attended where we practiced PBL. I could be wrong.

I agree. I kept thinking I should redo it because I felt like I was rushing to answer questions. Definitely did not include as much detail as I wanted to. Still have not heard back. Interviewed 4/16.
did you include any personal anecdotes? I heard it's good to include personal anecdotes into the interview responses but I just couldn't fit that in the time limit unfortunately

I believe the "info session" is the zoom thing we attended where we practiced PBL. I could be wrong.
After looking back at my video I feel like I should've put more effort into my appearance as well. I didn't look as spot on as I would've in the actual interview especially because I'm better in person than in camera

After looking back at my video I feel like I should've put more effort into my appearance as well. I didn't look as spot on as I would've in the actual interview especially because I'm better in person than in camera

We're all our own worst critics! Everything looks worse after we watch it too many times (I watched mine like 40 times after submitting lol). You pick up on minute details that no one would ever notice. If you thought it was good enough to submit, you were confident that you did a solid job. Trust your past self that you did your best and that's why you felt confident submitting it! I went through the same thing after submitting my video.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if this was already asked but this thread is way too long lol I was wondering if they send wait listed letters in the mail or only rejection/acceptance letters? Every other school I’ve applied to just sent an email so knowing I’m getting a letter makes me nervous about waiting for it just for it to be a waitlist notification. I applied to the Seton Hill campus and submitted my interview video on 4/10 and just got an updated status change on the portal today(5/1) Thanks in advance!