2019-2020 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary received! Anyone having trouble with them sending the email to create a password?

For the lifelong learning prompt, is it okay to talk about hobbies?

I talked about hobbies. I don't think that they need you to speak about research here, especially considering that KP is a more volunteer/community-service based institution.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Was verified and sent my primary to kaiser first day. Still no secondary is everyone in state? Their website didn’t mention any cutoffs.

I still have not yet received a secondary, and I too was verified early and sent my app the first day. I'm OOS though

Not marked as complete cause "letters not received" despite being able to see them on the application portal as having been receieved??

what do?

I still have not yet received a secondary, and I too was verified early and sent my app the first day. I'm OOS though
I'm OOS and received one; was verified 6/06 but also had transcript, letters, and MCAT score sent in by the time AMCAS distributed. Could this be why you all haven't gotten yours?

Secondary received! Anyone having trouble with them sending the email to create a password?

None of the links they sent will load either. Is there another way to access our account for the secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 have the same issue... they probably just need to process the letters still
Call them? I'm complete and awaiting review (8:39 PM PST, 6/30). Complete was my status after secondary submission too, which was weird because my most important LOR wasn't transmitted to AMCAS/Kaiser until 7/2/19 at 4:49 AM PST.

• Wow
Call them? I'm complete and awaiting review (8:39 PM PST, 6/30). Complete was my status after secondary submission too, which was weird because my most important LOR wasn't transmitted to AMCAS/Kaiser until 7/2/19 at 4:49 AM PST.

Emailed them.

Secondary yay! Severely unqualified but staying hopeful :)
Can I ask why you say that?? I'm probably a little unqualified too and haven't received a secondary yet so I am looking for any kind of hope!

I'm OOS and received one; was verified 6/06 but also had transcript, letters, and MCAT score sent in by the time AMCAS distributed. Could this be why you all haven't gotten yours?
I was verified by 6/2 and had all letters and transcripts by the time of submission

I was verified by 6/2 and had all letters and transcripts by the time of submission
I realized after I sent a reply that I was born in CA like another poster had said, maybe this affected it?

Which email did you send it to? And did they reply?

"Thank you for your email. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. I can confirm we have received your letter of recommendations. We are working with our application developer to correct your status update."

"Thank you for your email. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. I can confirm we have received your letter of recommendations. We are working with our application developer to correct your status update."
I'm having the same issue, should I email them too? or do you think they're going to try fixing it for all applicants

I'm having the same issue, should I email them too? or do you think they're going to try fixing it for all applicants

I'm assuming they'll fix it for all applicants. Seems like a pretty common issue. My WashU portal has the same problem.

Quick someone write their diversity secondary on "I have a CS background and would be able to fix Kaiser's portal"

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
OOS, no California ties (that I wrote about), verified 6/28/19, secondary received 7/1/19

has anyone with the Letters issue gotten it fixed so far?

Just received "application complete" email.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone else still had trouble opening their portal? Mine simply doesn't open

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else still had trouble opening their portal? Mine simply doesn't open
Just got an email from one of their admissions counselors telling me to try again. I tried again, and it still didn't work haha. Just sent them another email notifying them of this!

Was verified and sent my primary to kaiser first day. Still no secondary is everyone in state? Their website didn’t mention any cutoffs.
I'm out of state. Primary verified on 6/28 and secondary received 6/29. They might send out secondaries in an order other than date/time they received primary app.

Just got an email from one of their admissions counselors telling me to try again. I tried again, and it still didn't work haha. Just sent them another email notifying them of this!

Also sent an email that link still won't work for me

Still have not yet received the secondary. A previous poster mentioned that other aspects of my app might be holding me back from receiving a secondary (for example, my LORs are still not yet submitted to AMCAS unfortunately), but it also could very well be that KP is sending the secondaries in batches and ours is still not out yet. either way, I'm not too worried, at least not yet lol

Kaiser's page states the following for LORs: "Three to six individual letters submitted by three professionals familiar with your academic performance and personal attributes"

Does the bolded imply they want at least 3 professor LORs (assuming extracurricular LORs don't touch much on academic performance)?

Kaiser's page states the following for LORs: "Three to six individual letters submitted by three professionals familiar with your academic performance and personal attributes"

Does the bolded imply they want at least 3 professor LORs (assuming extracurricular LORs don't touch much on academic performance)?

It's common place for schools to require two science and one non science letter from professors- totalling 3. Any extracurricular letters would be extras.

Last edited:
Still have not yet received the secondary. A previous poster mentioned that other aspects of my app might be holding me back from receiving a secondary (for example, my LORs are still not yet submitted to AMCAS unfortunately), but it also could very well be that KP is sending the secondaries in batches and ours is still not out yet. either way, I'm not too worried, at least not yet lol
Actually I received a secondary and my LOR has not been submitted yet to AMCAS either!

Actually I received a secondary and my LOR has not been submitted yet to AMCAS either!

I received my secondary on June 29 and at that time I had 2/4 letters not submitted yet. Now they’re all in. But point is, that should not hold you back.

Submitted; confirmation of completion

Does anyone know if they look at your secondary before CASPer scores are in?

My secondary link STILL isn't working and I received the invite on 07/01...

• Wow
Does anyone know if they look at your secondary before CASPer scores are in?
I got marked "complete and awaiting review" but my CASPer isn't even graded yet. who knows

Last edited: