2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
have you heard anything about how damaging this can be to an application? I didn't realize this "soft rule" existed until yesterday. Now I got over 10 secondaries to complete by the end of next week and am already a day behind

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on if you need that much space to introduce the idea. There is no hard and fast rule, so you don't need to worry about it.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you format your conclusion? Did you use a paragraph, or did you conclude it in one sentence?

If you don't mind me asking, how did you format your conclusion? Did you use a paragraph, or did you conclude it in one sentence?
I honestly didn't even think about writing an intro or conclusion. I just told them I wanted to go there and didn't worry about getting all formal with the writing. But I am n=1 and also do not have an II:p

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
have you heard anything about how damaging this can be to an application? I didn't realize this "soft rule" existed until yesterday. Now I got over 10 secondaries to complete by the end of next week and am already a day behind
It’s still VERY early in the cycle! Within 2 weeks is great but also you don’t want to sacrifice quality. It’s better to take an extra few days or even a week as long as you get it in within a month!

Reactions: 4 users

One long formulaic sentence; it's entirely dependent on how you write it. My intro is a full paragraph, but my conclusion isn't.

Interview Invite received on July 12!!!!!!!!!!! O.M.G

Reactions: 11 users
Did anyone not answer the further information prompt?

My boyfriend's family (who is also applying) lives in the DC area. Should I mention this as a reason for wanting to go there? Or avoid it?

Congrats my friend! Mind sharing your submission date and/or stats?
Submitted on June 28th. GPA 3.99 (undergrad), 4.00 (graduate), 521 MCAT. Good luck for everyone!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
also no. does anyone know which DC airport is better?

DCA: connected to DC/Georgetown by the blue and yellow DC metro lines, so should be pretty easy to get to Georgetown (closest to the Rosslyn stop, serviced by blue, orange, and silver lines). Probably your best bet if you want to stay near Georgetown for interviews!
IAD: international airport, as DMV native, this is my personal favorite for travel in general LOL, but not yet accessible to DC by public transportation. Probably a 30-45 min drive sans traffic, and DC traffic is horrible sooo would 100% recommend staying in DC/Arlington/Pentagon City
BWI: I personally avoid this airport if I can, but in the event that this is the cheapest option, there's a MARC train from BWI to DC's Union Station that's $7 one-way and runs nearly every hour. It'll probably take you about an hour to get into DC and then a 20-30 minute metro to Rosslyn/Georgetown.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite this morning!!

Received: 6/28
Complete: 7/8
Lizzy M ~67 (somewhat non-trad w/ masters)

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Edit: I was dumb and post in wrong forum

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone's portal say "under review" or does it say that for everyone who is complete?

Reactions: 2 users
Haven't submitted my secondary yet and a bit apprehensive due to the high COL and high tuition.

I know I am probably overthinking things but does anyone know how bad it is to not have received an II at this point if others who submitted their secondaries on the same date as you have already gotten II's. A bit discouraged seeing others who were complete on the same day as me getting IIs and makes me wonder if this school is silently going to leave me on hold for the rest of the cycle. Probably time to not get my hopes up but congrats to those who got IIs!

Reactions: 3 users
I know I am probably overthinking things but does anyone know how bad it is to not have received an II at this point if others who submitted their secondaries on the same date as you have already gotten II's. A bit discouraged seeing others who were complete on the same day as me getting IIs and makes me wonder if this school is silently going to leave me on hold for the rest of the cycle. Probably time to not get my hopes up but congrats to those who got IIs!
Don't panic! Maybe they don't review applications chronologically, or you might have a slower reviewer. There are too many variables so give it a few days/weeks before you start to panic!! However, I do hope you get an II, if not here, then at your other choices. I know this process makes it extremely difficult, but believe in yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

PreMedStudent55555 (lot of 5's, haha), don't panic. Most schools don't review complete applications in chronological order. Furthermore, it's so early in the cycle that you shouldn't worry about not receiving an II email yet. I panicked with a couple of DO schools because people who were complete after me got II's, but I learned about the above and it calmed me down. Don't panic! We're all gonna get that A, you too :)

II just now!!! First one of this cycle. Yay!!!

OOS, complete 6/30

Reactions: 5 users
Submitted today (7/18) and was immediately marked complete!

Hey dooooood I’m feeling similar vibes (even if I do have one II) already.. but yeah I was complete 6/30 so it’s tough but I think i read somewhere that Georgetown is pretty transparent about rejections (?) so if we didn’t get that R yet— there’s still hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey dooooood I’m feeling similar vibes (even if I do have one II) already.. but yeah I was complete 6/30 so it’s tough but I think i read somewhere that Georgetown is pretty transparent about rejections (?) so if we didn’t get that R yet— there’s still hope!
If you go through last year’s thread, it looks like they’re pretty chronological at reviewing applications (at least that’s what it looked like once rejections started coming in September).

If you go through last year’s thread, it looks like they’re pretty chronological at reviewing applications (at least that’s what it looked like once rejections started coming in September).
Dam ill just hold this R then

Complete 07/10 and my application says it is under review!

AMCAS verified today and secondary received. Top choice school for me!
For the question about connection to the military and what specific branch, is this referring to if you have any general ties to the military or is it only for people who are veterans or active duty? My fiancé is an officer in the Navy but I am not in the military

Dam ill just hold this R then
You all got to calm down a little bit. I was completed early but it is still just July. Only Georgetown knows what Georgetown does.

You are basing all of your predictions off of an SDN thread and past SDN threads. Maybe 1% of all people who applied to Georgetown actually post on SDN.

Just relax....

You all got to calm down a little bit. I was completed early but it is still just July. Only Georgetown knows what Georgetown does.

You are basing all of your predictions off of an SDN thread and past SDN threads. Maybe 1% of all people who applied to Georgetown actually post on SDN.

Just relax....
My response was supposed to be kind of funny but I guess it wasn’t taken that way... sorry!

+1 on the relaxing

Why is the secondary asking for my SSN? I feel uncomfortable putting my SSN through an internet portal.

Got verified 7/15/19. Received a 2° almost immedistely and submitted. OOS, but DC metropolitan native so we'll see how this goes...

Last edited:
Got verified 7/15/19. Received a II almost immedistely and submitted. OOS, but DC metropolitan native so we'll see how this goes...

2˙ = secondary application
II = interview invitation

(just fyi so you don't get people all excited haha))

Hi guys! I wanted to talk about my experience as part of an organization that supports Planned Parenthood's advocacy initiatives (Generation Action: Planned Parenthood), but I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate to discuss considering G-town's stance on abortion. Does anyone have any information or insight about this? It's a pretty significant part of my "why G-town" essay since I want to be involved in health policy work which is why I would love to be in DC. I also am very interested in OB/GYN