2019-2020 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also just got the secondary! OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This is odd. I literally added the school last night and received my secondary today. Oos
I actually got mine just a little while ago too. I think I was just in one of the last waves

I am OOS from a rural background, so I am interested in the rural track, but when selecting there is a drop-down essay with the prompt: "Describe your experience in and commitment to rural Colorado and your vision of working as a primary care physician in rural Colorado."

How is someone that has never been to Colorado but is interested in rural medicine supposed to answer this? Is the rural track only meant for IS applicants? Any advice would be appreciated

Is there a drop down menu for all of the different tracks? Like the research one too? How many characters are you allowed for these?
Also- what is the essay for the Colorado Springs campus? (and how many characters do we get)
I thought I was ready to submit but I'm nervous because it says you have to submit the sessions you access it, you can't save a go back later. (Is this true?)
Sorry that was a lot of questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a drop down menu for all of the different tracks? Like the research one too? How many characters are you allowed for these?
Also- what is the essay for the Colorado Springs campus? (and how many characters do we get)
I thought I was ready to submit but I'm nervous because it says you have to submit the sessions you access it, you can't save a go back later. (Is this true?)
I think there’s only an option/essay for the rural track.

Reactions: 1 user
No drop down menu. Only additional essay is required for rural Track. here is the prompt: "Describe your experience in and commitment to rural Colorado and your vision of working as a primary care physician in rural Colorado. Please limit your rural track essay to 1500 characters or less (about 300 words)."

The only other additional prompt is if you choose the Colorado Springs campus, or the no preference for campus option. then they want you to explain why you would be interested in Colorado Springs. "Please submit a short statement regarding your interest in the Colorado Springs Branch. You may address characteristics of the Branch that would be a fit for your strengths, experiences, and/or career plans. You may also note your ties to or interest in Colorado Springs or other similar communities. Limit the essay to 1500 characters, including spaces (approximately 300 words)."

Starting to wish I took my Casper earlier...
Samesies. Not sure how this evaded my attention until I started receiving secondaries. It delayed several important applications by several weeks.
However, I do think at least some schools time stamp the amount of time it took you to submit the secondary, which is independent of getting everything rounded up and being "complete." Not sure though, applying to medical school is such a crap shoot.

Has everyone got secondaries already? Should I assume I won't be getting one if I haven't gotten one yet?

Has everyone got secondaries already? Should I assume I won't be getting one if I haven't gotten one yet?
I'm sure you're fine. It took a long time to get mine as well.

Turns out my secondary app email has been in my junk mail since the 19th... double check yours if you haven't received one yet!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
For the main essay question, do they want a cohesive paragraph with both parts like Part A would lead into the reasoning for Part B? Or should they be answered completely separately?

For the main essay question, do they want a cohesive paragraph with both parts like Part A would lead into the reasoning for Part B? Or should they be answered completely separately?
I wrote mine as a cohesive paragraph since one is supposed to lead to the other.

Verified 7/18/19
Secondary Received 7/20/19
Secondary Submitted and Complete 7/29/19
I wrote mine as 2 paragraphs because I utilized different experiences for diversity and why us.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone not received a secondary yet? :/

It says on their website that those eligible will receive a secondary but it doesn't say what is the eligibility.

Does Colorado pre-screen before sending Secondaries?

OOS, secondary just received (verified 7/30)

Submitted 7/19; complete 8/4 since I forgot to send in CASPER score :arghh::arghh:

Do they begin to review your application without Casper results, if everything else is complete? Or do they need Casper before they even look at it?

Is it just me or does the school not show up on the CASPER school list? I've already taken the CASPER and im trying to add it. Test was taken 7/30

Last edited:
Did anyone else just receive an email saying that all applications that were incomplete are being closed as they received more than 8600 applications this year? I can still access my secondary though..

• Wow
Nope, I did receive a secondary today though (submitted primary here on 7/27).

Did anyone else just receive an email saying that all applications that were incomplete are being closed as they received more than 8600 applications this year? I can still access my secondary though..
wait what

Reactions: 5 users
That’s crazy :eek: has anyone heard of this happening in the past?

Is that from the last cycle? I doubt there already have been 8600 applications this cycle...

That’s crazy :eek: has anyone heard of this happening in the past?
That's pretty rude of them... I already submitted my secondary, but they should refund people their $40 spent to submit primary to them and the $10 to submit CASPer if they're going to pull that.

Yeah I’m thankfully submitted too but that is crazy. I kinda find it hard to believe though

Wishing I took the CASPer earlier too. Waiting....secondary completed weeks ago, CASPer taking its sweet time.

Wait, so is it not worth submitting the secondary for here? Received the secondary on 7/19 and didn't get another about them not accepting more apps?

Yeah can someone please clarify I have my secondary ready to go for them and theyre one of my tops...

Why is an essay required for the Colorado Springs Branch campus but not for the other?

Wait, so is it not worth submitting the secondary for here? Received the secondary on 7/19 and didn't get another about them not accepting more apps?
It seems like that email was for the previous cycle. If you check out Colorado's website, the application tracker for 2018/19 is at 8600

I can't fathom the faintest possibility that any school would close off applications for their new cycle in the first half of August lol. Relax everyone.

Why is an essay required for the Colorado Springs Branch campus but not for the other?

Colorado Springs branch is only for clinicals and a small class size. Main branch is for all academics and larger clinicals, no need for an essay for that.

I still have not received a secondary application invite. I submitted my primary in early June, and my CASPer score was sent to them on 7/21. Does anyone know how late they continue sending out secondaries?

I still have not received a secondary application invite. I submitted my primary in early June, and my CASPer score was sent to them on 7/21. Does anyone know how late they continue sending out secondaries?

I never received an email with a secondary application, but I pulled up their secondary portal through their website, reset my password with my AAMC ID as my username, and was able to successfully log in to find a secondary from 7/19 sitting there waiting for me. I would try this if I were you and contact them if you don't have one.

• Wow
I never received an email with a secondary application, but I pulled up their secondary portal through their website, reset my password with my AAMC ID as my username, and was able to successfully log in to find a secondary from 7/19 sitting there waiting for me. I would try this if I were you and contact them if you don't have one.
Mine from Colorado went to my junk inbox so make sure you’re checking there!

Mine from Colorado went to my junk inbox so make sure you’re checking there!

I'm neurotic about clearing my junk mail, so I think I deleted it without seeing it. Since late July though I have checked every junk message before deleting so it won't happen again.

Last year when did they start sending Interview invites.

Finally got my CASPer results in and confirmed all application docs are completed. Thankfully. Here to waiting.

Last year when did they start sending Interview invites.

Would love to know this as well. One of my top choices but being OOS I am just shooting myself in the foot with applying here lol