2019-2020 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning. Complete 7/11

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting all three of you are 7/11 ... congrats!

What are some types of things you guys are writing about in the "any features to your educational history"?
Does it have to be arts, sports, music?
I imagine research doesnt count as its already everywhere in my AMCAS
I didnt study abroad either. Just that I moved here from my home country to study here

What are some types of things you guys are writing about in the "any features to your educational history"?
Does it have to be arts, sports, music?
I imagine research doesnt count as its already everywhere in my AMCAS
I didnt study abroad either. Just that I moved here from my home country to study here
FWIW, I left it blank.

Alright yall, I went this far without being neurotic and now it's finally time for me to ask a stupid question. I received an email from the admissions board telling me that one of my letters was not on letterhead so it will not be used but my application is complete anyway since I met the minimum. I just saw the email and it was sent weeks ago. Should I reply or just leave them on read? I know my app wont come down to me replying to an email or not but I feel like I should've responded.

Alright yall, I went this far without being neurotic and now it's finally time for me to ask a stupid question. I received an email from the admissions board telling me that one of my letters was not on letterhead so it will not be used but my application is complete anyway since I met the minimum. I just saw the email and it was sent weeks ago. Should I reply or just leave them on read? I know my app wont come down to me replying to an email or not but I feel like I should've responded.

I wouldnt leave a med school on read lol

Members don't see this ad :)
But the message is like 3 weeks old at this point, better late than never?
I would just be forthright and say yOu just read it as it escaped your notice and ask if you can (xyz..whatever you decide to do about the letter)

Would any current students here be willing to chat briefly about the school/program? :)

Me with my 7/22 complete date ;-;

Reactions: 1 users
Hey this is urgent guys. Can anyone tell me the dates interview slots are still open for BU? I might reschedule my interview and I can't see other dates until I cancel the one I currently have now

Luckily I took a picture so I could ask my boss when would work best for him haha

Wednesday 25 Sep
Wednesday 2 Oct
Monday 7 Oct
Wednesday 9 Oct
Friday 11 Oct
Wednesday 16 Oct

That's all I saw on my portal, hope you can switch!

Thank you! Anybody have a current most update one?

Oh I'm 7/22... so either I should expect an interview soon or I didn't make the first round :(
No way man, they get so many applicants. It takes time to get through all the primaries. I'll guarantee it was luck of the draw. We're all going to make it.

No way man, they get so many applicants. It takes time to get through all the primaries. I'll guarantee it was luck of the draw. We're all going to make it.

Yeah I like that better than what I envision is happening...

Attachments

• 4200785D-F03E-437D-ABDA-051590E6A500.jpeg
    4200785D-F03E-437D-ABDA-051590E6A500.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
AAAA II just now!! Submitted 7/23, LM ~75

Reactions: 8 users
II OOS!! Complete 7/11.

Wow was not expecting this... 3.65/512 URM (Hispanic).

Interviewing on the 4th. If anyone from the area is willing to show me around coffee is on me!

Has anyone clicked “unable to accept these dates?” I will be out of the country and requested dates in the last week of October via the message center, but haven’t yet heart back. The last date offered on my portal is Oct 16, and I wonder if I click “unable to accept these dates” if it will give me later options. I’m just nervous to do so, because I definitely want to interview here. Thank you!

Does anyone know if this school is receptive to ITA emails? I am interviewing in/around Boston in September and would prefer not to pay for another flight later on in the season if I could avoid it

how long did it take for yalls LOR to be received by BU? I sent them a few days ago but it has yet to show up in the portal and I cant submit my secondary.

Boy, Boston clearly doesn't want non-trads:

1. Did you go on to college directly after high school? Why not? What's wrong with you?
2. If you have spent more than 4 years as an undergraduate, please explain why you're a loser below.
3. Please separate your Community College credit from your real college credit here:

Thanks for your $110, idiot!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Boy, Boston clearly doesn't want non-trads:

1. Did you go on to college directly after high school? Why not? What's wrong with you?
2. If you have spent more than 4 years as an undergraduate, please explain why you're a loser below.
3. Please separate your Community College credit from your real college credit here:

Thanks for your $110, idiot!
Since, historically, almost half their class is in the 24-29 age range, perhaps a less cynical view would be that they are giving you the opportunity to talk about your different life experiences.

Also I'm pretty sure every school is going to parse out your CC credits to see what you did at a 2-year vs. 4-year college. I guess BU just asks you to do it for them.

Reactions: 4 users
Other schools actually ask for your life experiences. Boston says: "Why aren't you X?"
Interesting that you are editorializing these prompts like this. Would you prefer BU give you no space to explain? I can't help but think you'd just be instead saying "Woe is me! BU doesn't care about non-trads because they don't ask ANY questions about it!". In your opinion, how should a school appropriately ask about your educational history?

For the record, here are the questions.

Are you expecting to go on to medical school directly after completing your undergraduate degree?*

If you have spent more than 4 years as an undergraduate, please explain below. (You may skip this question if you have graduated within 4 years.)

Please provide a narrative or timeline to describe any features of your educational history that you think may be of particular interest to us.

Additional Information (3000 character optional!)

Would you prefer BU give you no space to explain?

Actually, yes. I shouldn't have to explain why I'm outside of the cookie-cutter privilege factory if they are sincere in their statement that they are "A holistic approach, from admissions to practice."

I can't help but think you'd just be instead saying "Woe is me! ..."

No "Woe is me here". It's their loss. I have plenty of other schools to apply to as do other non-trads. What grinds my gears is the hypocrisy of saying that they're holistic and about diversity then implying that anyone outside the cookie cutter should get lost. That may not be how it REALLY is, but it's certainly what they're implying - whether they mean to or not.

"... BU doesn't care about non-trads because they don't ask ANY questions about it!".

Non-trad status shouldn't even be relevant to the discussion in a holistic application process. The point of a holistic system is that you aren't putting people into "standard" and "non-standard" boxes, or boxes at all.

Holistic (adj) - characterized by comprehension of the parts of something as intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole.