2018-2019 University of New Mexico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Didn't post yesterday but was accepted! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if this school is amenable to LOIs from WL candidates? Does it have an impact?

Does anyone know if this school is amenable to LOIs from WL candidates? Does it have an impact?
hey! I was going to email them sometime this week and ask about LOI. I'll let ya know what they say?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They won’t affect WL because it is ranked. UNM will pull in order, they’re sending physical mail with our WL rank in it.

They won’t affect WL because it is ranked. UNM will pull in order, they’re sending physical mail with our WL rank in it.

I was wondering if the ranked WL made a difference. Makes sense!

Alright for those of you on the waitlist, today is the first day that students can select “plan to enroll” option, and schools will see the aggregate data to estimate how many of their offers will be planning on matriculating. On April 15 students must narrow it down to 3 schools. On April 30, student select 1, and schools can see the data of each student. So I would expect movement based on those events.

For what it's worth: there are only 42 people on the FB page. Obviously some people just don't have a facebook so the number will be lower than 103 but what I can infer from it is that *a lot* of people who were accepted are waiting on other schools to make their decisions.

Could be just that a lot of people didn't want to join the group but I would wager there will be plenty of waitlist movement. GL!

For what it's worth: there are only 42 people on the FB page. Obviously some people just don't have a facebook so the number will be lower than 103 but what I can infer from it is that *a lot* of people who were accepted are waiting on other schools to make their decisions.

Could be just that a lot of people didn't want to join the group but I would wager there will be plenty of waitlist movement. GL!

Thanks for the inside scoop! I hope you're right :)

I saw UNM updated the alternate info tab on the online portal. No news so far, but it was nice to see they updated it! Has anyone received their official letter with their # on the alternate list? I was hoping we'd get it sometime this week!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted, so you could say I am pretty confident ;)

I was just posting so that those on the WL would know beforehand if they weren't home!

Lol I didn’t even pay attention! I just assumed when I saw someone posting about a letter that it was a waitlist position letter

Letter came in the mail today!
Do you live near Albuquerque? Just wondering since I still haven't received my letter and I'm wondering if you received yours earlier since you live closer to UNM. Thanks!

Do you live near Albuquerque? Just wondering since I still haven't received my letter and I'm wondering if you received yours earlier since you live closer to UNM. Thanks!

I do! If you live OOS I'd expect it to get there by next week, maybe today? Not sure when they sent the mail out

I do! If you live OOS I'd expect it to get there by next week, maybe today? Not sure when they sent the mail out
Thanks for letting me know! :) That is very helpful info. I live in southern New Mexico, so maybe I'll get it early next week!

Last edited:
Got my acceptance letter today in the mail as well.

Edit: southern part of New Mexico

Last edited:
I called UNM earlier today and they said WL letters were mailed on Friday and should arrive sometime this week (for those individuals who haven’t received their letter yet). Just in case anyone else was curious :)

Edit: I still haven’t received my WL letter and I’m super anxious to get my WL #. It doesn’t help that everyone in my life keeps asking for updates.

I called UNM today and they're resending me a copy of my letter since apparently the first one got lost in the mail. Really wishing they sent WL #'s via email right about now...

Second edit: I received my letter today!

Last edited:
I called UNM earlier today and they said WL letters were mailed on Friday and should arrive sometime this week (for those individuals who haven’t received their letter yet). Just in case anyone else was curious :)

Edit: I still haven’t received my WL letter and I’m super anxious to get my WL #. It doesn’t help that everyone in my life keeps asking for updates.

I called UNM today and they're resending me a copy of my letter since apparently the first one got lost in the mail. Really wishing they sent WL #'s via email right about now...

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that! Doesn't make sense that they send the WL # through mail when it's more convenient and environmentally friendly to send it through email! Hoping this wait is worth it!

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that! Doesn't make sense that they send the WL # through mail when it's more convenient and environmentally friendly to send it through email! Hoping this wait is worth it!
Me too! Thanks for the support :)

Any news on WL positioning? Want to know if my internet friends will be part of the class!

Yea, I figured there won't be movement until late April/May at earliest! Just figured if you are 1-20 at minimum you have a good shot at acceptance

Yea, I figured there won't be movement until late April/May at earliest! Just figured if you are 1-20 at minimum you have a good shot at acceptance

I sure hope so!! We’ll keep you posted :)

I am assuming that most people bring their parents/guardians or SO's. One guest is allowed for Thurs., two for Friday.

does anyone know if people normally bring guest(s) to second look? I saw that we are allowed to bring two guests, but I'm wondering if people actually do that.

Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to those still waiting for waitlist movement!

I am currently in my last few weeks of MSIII, and I am more than happy to answer any questions about UNM if anyone has them. Disclaimer on that- I have zero ties to admissions (and couldn’t tell you who does if you asked!) so feel free to ask anything here or DM me :)

Just got pulled off the WL! I've already accepted an admissions offer for another school, so I'll free up a spot for one of the other WL folks! Best of luck to you all! :)

Just got pulled off the WL! I've already accepted an admissions offer for another school, so I'll free up a spot for one of the other WL folks! Best of luck to you all! :)
what was your waitlist position?

Congrats to everyone who got in, and if you're on the WL or trying again next year, don't give up! It took me 2 tries to get in, and UNM is worth it! I'm 4th year who matched into family medicine. PM if you have any questions!

Reactions: 2 users