2018-2019 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! File was complete on 8/15.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
II today! File was complete on 8/15.

Congrats! Did your “decision” section on the portal change change prior to this? Mine still says no decision...complete same time as you.

Reactions: 1 users
After seeing the wave of IIs today I decided to check, under decision it says "interview" and today's date but I haven't received any II email. Anyone else have this...?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
After seeing the wave of IIs today I decided to check, under decision it says "interview" and today's date but I haven't received any II email. Anyone else have this...?
check your spam folder? It would have been sent by Hope Ennis

check your spam folder? It would have been sent by Hope Ennis
Nothing yet, spam, accidentally deleted, etc. But I guess it's a good sign? If I don't hear of anything/nobody else has this I may email her at some point.

Ugh I’m biting my nails... file complete on 8/2. Haven’t heard much even though there’s been IIs flying.

secondary submitted 8/17 but LORs are still "awaiting" even though they're in aacomas..

Congrats! Did your “decision” section on the portal change change prior to this? Mine still says no decision...complete same time as you.

I checked immediately after I got the email and it said "interview" but the day prior it did say no decision!

II yesterday! :):) I was neurotically checking my portal at work and was still "No Decision." Got my II about 3 hours later haha

OOS with strong ties to the region, LizzyM 68
Submitted 7/28, Complete email 8/15

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take to go from committee > II

I can't be too sure since I don't know when committee first came up (I didn't check the portal often). But from when I noticed -> to receiving an II, it was about a week :)

Once it goes to committee, does it ever go back to just complete? I feel like mine changed but maybe I’m just crazy. Mine says “complete 8/15”.

BOOM! Just checked my portal and it changed to interview! I haven’t received an email yet though. How long does it take to get an email?

Received an II about an hour ago!

Complete 8/15.

Reactions: 3 users
II yesterday. Zero ties to the region. Big fan of the school though.

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats? And when did you submit your secondary?
Thank you! I was complete in mid July. High gpa, average mcat, tons of clinical, volunteering, and research. Best of luck!!

I've been completed 8/14 before some of you and I'm still stuck on committee.

Does this mean they're still debating my app Q_Q

I've been completed 8/14 before some of you and I'm still stuck on committee.

Does this mean they're still debating my app Q_Q
same with me lol. finished on 08/15

Finished 8/15, called about portal issue, told I was denied- checked portal, status says "Deny post-supplement / 8/24/2018"
hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahha great.

Finished 8/15, called about portal issue, told I was denied- checked portal, status says "Deny post-supplement / 8/24/2018"
what was your portal issue?

Just check your portal, it'll show what your status is. If you haven't been rejected, it won't show up as "deny" or whatever.
Yeah its been stuck on commitee for a while and making me nervous

Was PNWU one of your top choices? also, are you an IS?

In the same boat as many of you, complete on 8/14, been on committee status since 8/24. IS with competitive GPA and above average MCAT

In the same boat as many of you, complete on 8/14, been on committee status since 8/24. IS with competitive GPA and above average MCAT
Same.

Man this is taking forever

II invite received 8-23, secondary complete 8-7

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary submitted last week, complete just now. Praying for an II. I need it, really need it to keep me from going insane.

***got a complete email today. And Casper is required for those who received an II. That blows! :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Current student if any of you have questions!

I did my undergrad at CWU in Ellensburg. How does the campus and atmosphere compare to Eburg? If you know.

What sort of clinical opportunities do you get outside of the standard reqs? Can you take electives in a wide variety or specialties?

II today at 1700!! My first one and I'm so elated. Was thinking maybe I want going to get in this cycle (neurotic I know)

Complete 8/17

Reactions: 1 users
II today at 1700!! My first one and I'm so elated. Was thinking maybe I want going to get in this cycle (neurotic I know)

Complete 8/17
Wasn't**

Complete 8/17

completed before you, still stuck in committee.....uh...

completed before you, still stuck in committee.....uh...
Keep your head up, I was seriously getting super depressed (have 5 rejections already, 1 hold >_< )
Things will get better

I did my undergrad at CWU in Ellensburg. How does the campus and atmosphere compare to Eburg? If you know.

What sort of clinical opportunities do you get outside of the standard reqs? Can you take electives in a wide variety or specialties?

I am a current second year (not the one who posted higher up). Happy to answer any questions about the school.

We don't do a lot of clinic work until the third year. Are first two years are dedicated to standardized patients, simulation laboratories, and case discussions to prepare you for clinic time. Students have the opportunity to volunteer at UGM, the free clinic in town, on Wednesday nights if they are in good standings, but priority will go to second years. I can't speak on how it compared to Ellensburg or the CWU campus. PNWU is awesome though. The community created by the students and faculty is amazing. There is always a kind face or someone to talk to when you're having a rough day. The faculty makes it a point to learn every student's names because they all genuinely care about each of us. As someone who went to a small school for undergrad, I appreciate that feeling. In terms of electives, those will only be taken fourth fourth year. You can look up the Student Catalog and look at the course information (specifically starting around page 108) you will be able to see all the elective options. We are required 10 credits of IM elective, 10 credits of surgery elective, and 16 credits of unrestricted electives.

Reactions: 3 users

Go Wildcats!
I recently finished my undergrad at CWU and have been doing a master's there (I was a transfer and career changer so I had more to learn).
I still live in the area and have visited PNWU pretty frequently. I couldn't say what it's like to be a student there, but I have had a lot of impressions through tours, visits, collaborations. CWU and PNWU are both those kinds of schools where the faculty and staff are very friendly and attentive to their students (IN GENERAL). From the top down, PNWU seems to support its students comprehensively and it shows as the students never seem overwhelmed. Stressed as they are with their studies, I never got any impression that they weren't happy and engaged with each other and in the community. All the students I met were enthusiastic dealing with perspectives, and engaged with each other well.

While the answer to what they study in terms of clinical rotations has been answered by a student already, I'd add that there is also a Free Clinic that covers Ellensburg and Cle Elum which is always happy to have PNWU students visit. In fact, I had the pleasure of working with an OMS-IV student in the free clinic who worked side by side with the residency faculty that volunteer with us and she immediately secured a residency with the family medicine program there and still volunteers with us. PNWU is well-positioned between all these communities that are still in urgent need of primary care - even if you don't see that being "your bag" in the future, since you're still gonna have to learn some of it, maybe it's nice to know that all these organizations would be happy to have you. The only downside with the Ellensburg clinic is that we don't always have DO's every clinic day - we have a pool of PA's, NP's, DO's, and MD's who circulate as the provider of the day.

If anyone does get an interview on Sep 28 or would like some info on the area let me know. Whatever the outcome of my interview, I'm proud to show off my local school!

I am a current second year (not the one who posted higher up). Happy to answer any questions about the school.

We don't do a lot of clinic work until the third year. Are first two years are dedicated to standardized patients, simulation laboratories, and case discussions to prepare you for clinic time. Students have the opportunity to volunteer at UGM, the free clinic in town, on Wednesday nights if they are in good standings, but priority will go to second years. I can't speak on how it compared to Ellensburg or the CWU campus. PNWU is awesome though. The community created by the students and faculty is amazing. There is always a kind face or someone to talk to when you're having a rough day. The faculty makes it a point to learn every student's names because they all genuinely care about each of us. As someone who went to a small school for undergrad, I appreciate that feeling. In terms of electives, those will only be taken fourth fourth year. You can look up the Student Catalog and look at the course information (specifically starting around page 108) you will be able to see all the elective options. We are required 10 credits of IM elective, 10 credits of surgery elective, and 16 credits of unrestricted electives.

1. Could you please tell me more about if there is mandatory lecture? How often do we need to be on campus? first and second years. How many people actually attend lecture vs watching on their own?

2. Do you know much about how third year clinical rotations are chosen? I've heard that it is based on your connections to an area. So someone who has more connections to let's say Bellevue, can get a third year rotation clinic site over in that part of the PNW. Would love to know more detail from current students. My info has all been from alumni.

Does anyone know how long it took get an email after the portal switched to "interview"? I checked at work today and it switched but I haven't gotten an email and don't want to bother them if it just comes a little later.

I'm stressing a little. I feel like I'm a good candidate for this school but have been on committee since the end of August. Am I just being crazy?