2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ll be interviewing August 24! If anyone else is then let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats on the II!! Just wondering if you had all your LORs in before you got the II or did you get an II without the LORs?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on the II!! Just wondering if you had all your LORs in before you got the II or did you get an II without the LORs?

They were all in before the primary was even sent on June 15

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like the school is sending a few II daily instead of sending them all in batches. I guess they review an application and then within hours they will send the II. Can anyone comment if other schools do this or do they send out mass II in bunches

Secondary verified on June 21st. Waiting to hear about a possible II now. Does anyone know if there's an SHU thread for this year though? I still would like Erie, however I clicked SHU as my preferred campus on my secondary. I haven't been able to find any info on SDN to see if SHU started handing out interviews yet.

Any current students who can comment or message me on the DSP pathway?

Hi all, long time lurker. II just now, through email! 3.9cGPA and sGPA, 504 MCAT.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! When did you submit your secondary and did you have all your LORs in before then?

Thank you! I submitted 6/21, and I got an email from them saying they processed it on 6/25! And yes, all my LOR are ready, I just have to get everything submitted to them :)

Thank you! I submitted 6/21, and I got an email from them saying they processed it on 6/25! And yes, all my LOR are ready, I just have to get everything submitted to them :)
Awesome so they can send II without having your LORS?

Does it appear like this for anyone else? I'm curious as to why they only filled in someone of my Requirements and left other not yet met.
My application says completed though
920341f133e2e41654a476026e9af2e4.png

Awesome so they can send II without having your LORS?

They only require submitted LORs after you receive an II (I believe).

Does it appear like this for anyone else? I'm curious as to why they only filled in someone of my Requirements and left other not yet met.

Mine is blank under folder documents, so are you missing any of those requirements or do you have a bunch of green boxes and few red ones?

So mine doesn't even have that. The folder says it is empty. Did yours do that after you submitted your secondary? Or do they do that after offering an interview?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
So mine doesn't even have that. The folder says it is empty. Did yours do that after you submitted your secondary? Or do they do that after offering an interview?

Mine also says empty??

They only require submitted LORs after you receive an II (I believe).

Mine is blank under folder documents, so are you missing any of those requirements or do you have a bunch of green boxes and few red ones?

Mine also says empty??

This is what the whole page looks like for me. Not exactly sure why only some of my classes are marked as "Received" since they were all on the same transcript and I meet all requirements.
663e6f3f9c257e32016b1b4d79f063d1.png

Edit: im applying to both campuses. Seems like this is for Brandenton. I don't anything for Erie

Last edited:
This is what the whole page looks like for me. Not exactly sure why only some of my classes are marked as "Received" since they were all on the same transcript and I meet all requirements.
663e6f3f9c257e32016b1b4d79f063d1.png

Mines also empty. Maybe because of the campus? I applied to Erie.

Mines also empty. Maybe because of the campus? I applied to Erie.
Yeah it's because I'm applying to both campuses.
I have nothing under Erie. Sorry for the mix up guys

1530552529766.jpeg
Yeah it's because I'm applying to both campuses.
I have nothing under Erie. Sorry for the mix up guys
I applied to both campuses, but both of my folders are empty... Submitted primary 6/4 and secondary 6/20 (for both campuses). That's what my folder for both campuses looks like (sorry for terrible picture). The weird thing is I applied last cycle, and I never had things appear in my folder for either campus... For those of you who have received II's, what do your folders show?

Reactions: 1 users
View attachment 236473 I applied to both campuses, but both of my folders are empty... Submitted primary 6/4 and secondary 6/20 (for both campuses). That's what my folder for both campuses looks like (sorry for terrible picture). The weird thing is I applied last cycle, and I never had things appear in my folder for either campus... For those of you who have received II's, what do your folders show?

I emailed admissions and this is what they said "Those requirements are certified when you are offered an interview."
So I guess they can offer an interview before verifying your requirements?

I emailed admissions and this is what they said "Those requirements are certified when you are offered an interview."
So I guess they can offer an interview before verifying your requirements?
Good to know! Thank you!

On a different note, some people said they got an email saying their secondary was processed. Is this different from just checking the portal and seeing that the secondary was in and payment was taken?

On a different note, some people said they got an email saying their secondary was processed. Is this different from just checking the portal and seeing that the secondary was in and payment was taken?

I think it's the same thing. i got an email saying it was complete a day after I submitted my secondary

Guys I don’t think I can take this wait anymore, either reject me or send me that II! Got an email they received my secondary on 6/20

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Guys I don’t think I can take this wait anymore, either reject me or send me that II! Got an email they received my secondary on 6/20

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Its still soooo early in the cycle. I just went thru it/still am and its emotionally painful. The worst. I'd recommend a hobby to keep you from checking your email every 5 mins for the next 8 months lol. Hang in there.

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile

Anyone receive an II for SHU or has it just been the Erie branch so far?

I haven’t put in my MCAT score yet. I get it July 29 so hopefully once I have that in I’ll get a secondary!!

For those that secured an II, how long did it take from the time the portal showed your application as “under review?”

Can someone post the prompts ? Just submitted my primary today and want to get a jump on the secondaries :)

No prompts. You just enter in ACT/SAT scores, campus preference, some other demographic stuff, and pay your fee.
Can someone post the prompts ? Just submitted my primary today and want to get a jump on the secondaries :)

I got an II, scheduled for August 16th. Nontraditional from Ohio. I couldn't be any more excited!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats! Dang though. My secondary has been processed since 06/21. Still says application under review. Wonder if that's not a good sign.

I wouldn’t worry too much. They have a **** ton of apps to process and people probably were out of town and such for 4th of July weekend

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone used the AIS index score and been granted an interview? I don't see that many posts about it and how successful candidates who did that were

Has anyone used the AIS index score and been granted an interview? I don't see that many posts about it and how successful candidates who did that were

I haven’t really found anything on previous threads. I saw that one applicant used AIS and got an interview but ended up being waitlisted. I’m feeling very nervous about my app since I’m using AIS. :shrug:

I haven’t really found anything on previous threads. I saw that one applicant used AIS and got an interview but ended up being waitlisted. I’m feeling very nervous about my app since I’m using AIS. :shrug:

What’s AIS?

Academic Index Score. It's where they use your ACT/SAT scores and cGPA to create a different way of evaluating your application. Basically, they use it if you don't have an MCAT or your MCAT is low.
What’s AIS?

Hello Folks, First time posting on SDN.
I have an interview scheduled for LECOME-Setton Hill campus on August 3rd. I rented a car to get to/from the school but it's pretty expensive. So if any of y'all will be traveling the same time as me please let me know and we can carpool and save some money.

I will be landing at PIT on 8/2 ~ 5:30pm and I will be leaving again from PIT on 8/3 at 7:30pm (i'll probably leave right after the interview ends around ~3pm and get food on the way to the airport).

Please let me know if any of y'all are interested.

Hello Folks, First time posting on SDN.
I have an interview scheduled for LECOME-Setton Hill campus on August 3rd. I rented a car to get to/from the school but it's pretty expensive. So if any of y'all will be traveling the same time as me please let me know and we can carpool and save some money.

I will be landing at PIT on 8/2 ~ 5:30pm and I will be leaving again from PIT on 8/3 at 7:30pm (i'll probably leave right after the interview ends around ~3pm and get food on the way to the airport).

Please let me know if any of y'all are interested.

Congrats! :) When did you submit your secondary?

Same here! I got my MCAT score after I submitted my application, so I don't know if it will be used...kinda a bummer

Same here! I got my MCAT score after I submitted my application, so I don't know if it will be used...kinda a bummer

You could probably just email them and get it factored in somehow

They haven't responded to my email and it's been 6 days
Did you say your score in your app? If so they may have recorded it and just didn't email you back.

I made a mistake on a secondary and emailed the school about it and they changed it for me. They never responded to me email but I checked a week later and it was fixed

Did you say your score in your app? If so they may have recorded it and just didn't email you back.

I made a mistake on a secondary and emailed the school about it and they changed it for me. They never responded to me email but I checked a week later and it was fixed

Yes! How can you check that? I can't see anything listed in the applicant checklist

Were there more ii sent out after that first round over a week ago?