2018-2019 Georgetown University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So here is what is up with the letters of recommendation from admissions for those of us without a confirmation of receipt of letters:

They said that when there was an issue with AMCAS. When they sent the bulk block of letters over when AMCAS applications were first available to medical schools back at the end of June, there was in issue sending them to admissions. This was purely an AMCAS problem. Georgetown admissions said that these should be resolved within the week for those seeing this problem. They assured me that this SHOULD NOT effect our candidacy. That's assuring. We shouldn't be penalized for getting our stuff in early.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if there is a particular day of the week that Georgetown sends interview invitations? Or is it just random?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my app 7/6 and have been having problems with the LOR's like others, I just checked my document status and it seems like they have been uploaded! Still have a red exclamation point saying incomplete but it looks like they are working on the problem and they are on their way to fixing it!

Reactions: 2 users
II! LizzyM 75, thought I'd get yield protected. but its my first interview so definitely excited :)

Thanks Dr. Lady123 I just checked my Document Status and they had my letters there too!

If we have news to report, it'd be nice to others if we make sure to include the complete date. This seems to be of interest to many people, myself included! :) just a suggestion

Reactions: 4 users
If we have news to report, it'd be nice to others if we make sure to include the complete date. This seems to be of interest to many people, myself included! :) just a suggestion
I think it's also in the best interest of the people posting hahaha. Otherwise people are just going to ask you and annoy you and take up space on the thread (all driven by our neuroticism of course) :p

Obviously congratulations to the people with II's!! :soexcited: I hope more of us can post the good news soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted 6/29, complete 7/26. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 7 users
Got the complete email today too.

submitted 7/2

Reactions: 1 user
JUST got the complete email. Submitted my app on 7/3. Looks like they are taking their sweeeet time

let's hope this means more II's soon? (fingers crossed)

I wonder if they have been waiting to get this issue fixed to first look at the candidates who had not been marked as complete due to their tech issues. but who knows

submitted 7/5, completed 7/26. Fingers crossed for II

Submitted 7/6 finally got the complete email!!! WHOO

Submitted 7/24 and completed today (7/27). Interesting since it seems that people who submitted recently had a pretty quick turnaround (ie: within the same day). Oh well!

+1 finished on 7/25 marked as complete 7/28

Secondary submitted and I hate to be that guy, but it looks like they have received all of my LORs. Says that my application is complete.

Secondary submitted and I hate to be that guy, but it looks like they have received all of my LORs. Says that my application is complete.
Seems the issues were mostly for those of us who applied within the first couple of days.

So I applied on the very first day and my application was complete just a few days after ... and it still says it is under review ...

Do they put people on hold ? Or it is either interview or review till it’s over ?

II received July 27th! I submitted secondary on July 14th. LM 71

Noticed something funny about their secondary. Never outright do they ever say 'Cura Personalis' but they define the idea and skirt around it and do definitely discuss the idea. I'll bet they want us to say cura personalis in the secondary to make sure we've looked into their philosophy and have researched their mission statement, without them giving it to us.

Noticed something funny about their secondary. Never outright do they ever say 'Cura Personalis' but they define the idea and skirt around it and do definitely discuss the idea. I'll bet they want us to say cura personalis in the secondary to make sure we've looked into their philosophy and have researched their mission statement, without them giving it to us.
[neurotically checks essay to make sure I said Cura Personalis]

Reactions: 5 users
I even italicized it when I brought this up in my essay. II now pls

Wait, what do you mean ?
Your post seemed to imply that I had recieved an interview invite, and that the reason was my MCAT score and as opposed to my use of the phrase "cura personalis" in the secondary. I was just saying that I haven't recieved an invite--not yet at least :)

Your post seemed to imply that I had recieved an interview invite, and that the reason was my MCAT score and as opposed to my use of the phrase "cura personalis" in the secondary. I was just saying that I haven't recieved an invite--not yet at least :)
Oh !!! Sorry . I read it wrong . Hopefully soon !

I feel like there are deal breakers with this Uploaded essay formatting lol. Did you guys single space or double space the essay? Also, did you guys include a title and header?