2018-2019 George Washington University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! Truly the happiest person in the world right now!! This is my first acceptance and I absolutely love GW! Can't wait to be a part of their Class of 2023!!

MCAT: 516. GPA: 3.52. OOS. White female.

Hey I just got the same email? How long did it take for them to send you an acceptance???? I'm FREAKING OUT.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I just got the same email? How long did it take for them to send you an acceptance???? I'm FREAKING OUT.
Congratulations!! I received an acceptance over email from the dean within an hour of receiving the first email and then my official acceptance packet about 2 hours after the initial contact was made.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!! I received an acceptance over email from the dean within an hour of receiving the first email and then my official acceptance packet about 2 hours after the initial contact was made.

did they wait for your response to the initial email before sending you an acceptance?

I’m assuming these emails are being used as a sort of yield protection? So, you are basically getting an acceptance but they need to confirm you would be interested before they send the actual acceptance due to the new traffic rules.

Not sure how to get my self noticed at this point. It's getting really frustrating. Pretty much losing hope; any suggestions?

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure how to get my self noticed at this point. It's getting really frustrating. Pretty much losing hope; any suggestions?

Hang in there and just remember there are a lot of us in the same boat. Looking back at old threads, there's WL movement into June. If its true that the new rules are slowing things down, that should be even more of a phenomenon this year. One of my friends got accepted in July. We still have time. This process is really tough.

I dont think trying to make yourself noticeable will have any effect. If they need someone like you, they’ll pick you. For example, if an ORM with low stats but high volunteering drops their acceptance, they’ll use their equivalent of “Control+F” for someone on the waitlist. While they encourage updates, I don’t think additional updates will have any effect.

I dont think trying to make yourself noticeable will have any effect. If they need someone like you, they’ll pick you. For example, if an ORM with low stats but high volunteering drops their acceptance, they’ll use their equivalent of “Control+F” for someone on the waitlist. While they encourage updates, I don’t think additional updates will have any effect.

I know for a fact that updating and showing continued interest can only help.

I highly doubt thats true. UPDATES DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I think you're just salty after being WL 2 years in a row. I honestly agree that its not just that you sent in 5 very meaningful updates and they'll pick you...but i think its more like okay 3 people similar stats and profiles, ORM vs URM status now who do we pick....thats when they look at significant updates.
No need to be rude, I was just giving my opinion based on my previous experience on the WL

No need to be rude, I was just giving my opinion based on my previous experience on the WL
i'm sorry, i honestly do get the frustration of a wait list and i sincerely do hope you get your A. I don't think its cool of them to interview you and waitlist you 2 years in a row, but I really do believe in the power of communication and updates.

I highly doubt thats true. UPDATES DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I think you're just salty after being WL 2 years in a row. I honestly agree that its not just that you sent in 5 very meaningful updates and they'll pick you...but i think its more like okay 3 people similar stats and profiles, ORM vs URM status now who do we pick....thats when they look at significant updates.

I'd have to agree with @golgi body . Maybe I'm salty after being on WL 2 years as well but I feel like updates only help/work if they already like you enough. I've sent multiple updates, LORs, etc over the 2 cycles with absolutely nothing to show for. It's frustrating.

I am of the same opinion that updates do make a difference. I had below average stats and normal extra curricular but the reason I believe I stood out was my passion for GWs mission and my reasons for going, which I reiterated over and over again throughout the cycle. That being said I think calling someone out for being waitlisted for 2 years in a row is very inconsiderate and callous, imagine if that happened to you.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd have to agree with @golgi body . Maybe I'm salty after being on WL 2 years as well but I feel like updates only help/work if they already like you enough. I've sent multiple updates, LORs, etc over the 2 cycles with absolutely nothing to show for. It's frustrating.
I agree that its only if they do like you enough already. Agreed they shouldnt just waitlist everyone... I was post-II rejected at my top choice and it really stung in the moment but also glad I didnt have to send waitlists if they didnt want me at all

did they wait for your response to the initial email before sending you an acceptance?
Yes! They sent the official acceptance only after it had been unofficially established via email that I would accept it.

Anyone know when the Commit to Enroll deadline is at this school?

Has anyone heard anything this week so far?

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know when the Commit to Enroll deadline is at this school?

6/3 if you're in the Prematriculation Program
7/17 if not

I wonder if they’re done with movement here :oops: things seem to be at a stand still this week.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I wonder if they’re done with movement here :oops: things seem to be at a stand still this week.
I read somewhere that they usually send an email to everyone on the WL when movement is done. I’m hoping that because that email hasn’t been sent out that there will still be some movement?

Those recently accepted: have you received finaid materials or the background check stuff yet? It's only been a week and a half, so I'm probably trippin

Anyone know if we have to get a CPR certification if ours isn’t up to date?

any more waitlist movement? seems super quiet

Reactions: 2 users
I can't imagine they're done with movement but it has seemed like there's been nothing...
One school where Im WL is having historically slow WL movement. Usually by now they are well into the middle 1/3rd of the WL and as of now they are about half was through the top 1/3rd and admissions is shocked. Said the new PTE/CTE is messing with things a bit

One school where Im WL is having historically slow WL movement. Usually by now they are well into the middle 1/3rd of the WL and as of now they are about half was through the top 1/3rd and admissions is shocked. Said the new PTE/CTE is messing with things a bit
Do you think this means the waitlist movement will continue forward at this pace for longer? I'm assuming there will be a decent amount more because it seems like they've accepted fewer due to the new traffic rules as well.

what school?

Apparently at this point the waitlist is stable but will still have movement especially in June, which has me a bit worried :/

Apparently at this point the waitlist is stable but will still have movement especially in June, which has me a bit worried :/

Did you call ? Why worried if there will still be movement?

Did you call ? Why worried if there will still be movement?

Spoke to someone in admissions and worried because they said it was stable and essentially feel like if there is movement in June it will be minimal unless it has something to do with the new traffic rules. Hopefully there will be more, though.

Spoke to someone in admissions and worried because they said it was stable and essentially feel like if there is movement in June it will be minimal unless it has something to do with the new traffic rules. Hopefully there will be more, though.
just out of curiosity --- why june? our cte isn't till july

I'm not sure honestly, that's just what they said. Maybe they have another planned wave of movement?
yup! other schools may move trickling down movement here

The admissions officer said movement will be minimal or you feel like movement will be minimal?

I've seen people get added to the FB group over the last week or two. It's definitely been a trickle over the 2 weeks but not non-existent.

Reactions: 1 users
I've seen people get added to the FB group over the last week or two. It's definitely been a trickle over the 2 weeks but not non-existent.
I think it might be like that moving forward based on the waitlist support thread and other schools' movements as well.

Out of curiosity did they say what % are PTE/CTE? I’m still PTE
Not in the email and I don't think they would disclose that either but not sure if anyone's inquired as of yet.