2018-2019 George Washington University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
RIP I'm done hoping I get off the waitlist since I didn't receive the email. Time to move on from GW.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hoping this early movement means more movement overall! Wish the waitlist was at least stratified into tiers, so I could be realistic about my chances.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As someone on the waitlist, should I be worried that I didn't even receive an email for the information sessions for the upcoming application cycle? Did anyone else in my position not receive this email?

Reactions: 1 user
As someone on the waitlist, should I be worried that I didn't even receive an email for the information sessions for the upcoming application cycle? Did anyone else in my position not receive this email?

I didn’t get one either. I wouldn’t read into it too much.

Congrats guys! Did you volunteer that you had been accepted by other places but ultimately would come to GW if given the chance in your letters? I know that schools can't see our acceptances, but I'm trying to figure out if those letters went out to people who volunteered information about their acceptances so that they could get a hint for the April 30th "commit to one school" traffic day.

Congrats guys! Did you volunteer that you had been accepted by other places but ultimately would come to GW if given the chance in your letters? I know that schools can't see our acceptances, but I'm trying to figure out if those letters went out to people who volunteered information about their acceptances so that they could get a hint for the April 30th "commit to one school" traffic day.

Thanks! This would be my first acceptance if it goes through, so definitely did not have any info about acceptances to volunteer in my LOI. I just updated them about significant updates, told them what I love about GWU and stated that if accepted I would attend. Its really anybody's game

I mentioned my acceptances in my letter and said I would withdraw those and commit to GW if given the opportunity.

I mentioned my acceptances in my letter and said I would withdraw those and commit to GW if given the opportunity.
Same. I much prefer GW to my current offer, so I told them that in the email. I hope it is not held against us that we have another acceptance(s).

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance email right now!!!!! I'm gonna be be a doctor!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know when we get a GW email address/ ID? I want to fill out the financial aid forms but they require those.

Just had a mini heart attack from that GW email... lol I want an acceptance, not traffic rules updates

Reactions: 13 users
Anyone get significant aid from here? / anyone successfully negotiate aid? I really want to attend but not sure about this price tag

Wonder if there will be any waitlist movement today due to the deadline..

Did anybody else just get an email that says "I am writing to see if you are interested in a seat here at GW."? Is that their acceptance email or just another request for an update/LOI?

Did anybody else just get an email that says "I am writing to see if you are interested in a seat here at GW."? Is that their acceptance email or just another request for an update/LOI?

I'm just guessing here but sounds like it might be acceptance related. I'm on the WL and did not receive that. I could totally be wrong though

Last edited:
Did you send in any updates or LOI's in the interim?

I got that email last week, replied and received an acceptance the next day

I am ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! Truly the happiest person in the world right now!! This is my first acceptance and I absolutely love GW! Can't wait to be a part of their Class of 2023!!

MCAT: 516. GPA: 3.52. OOS. White female.

Accepted students when did you receive an email about a background check?

Congrats! stats?
513 MCAT, 3.4 (from a top 10 undergrad [don't know if that makes a difference]), Special Master's following true M1 curriculum, from the DC area, Middle Eastern male, lots of service and international experience in my application, and LOTS of communication with Office of Admissions. Good luck everyone! You'll get your email before you know it, don't give up hope!

JUST GOT MY EMAIL FROM DEAN MCQUAIL
I am ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! Truly the happiest person in the world right now!! This is my first acceptance and I absolutely love GW! Can't wait to be a part of their Class of 2023!!

MCAT: 516. GPA: 3.52. OOS. White female.
Congrats! Did you both write letters of intent?

Did you receive a "likely to be accepted" email from Kevin Neis last week?

513 MCAT, 3.4 (from a top 10 undergrad [don't know if that makes a difference]), Special Master's following true M1 curriculum, from the DC area, Middle Eastern male, lots of service and international experience in my application, and LOTS of communication with Office of Admissions. Good luck everyone! You'll get your email before you know it, don't give up hope!

did you interview feb 5

I just got a "likely to be accepted" email from Kevin Nies this morning. I'm so incredibly excited! I had submitted a Letter of Intent and had a phone conversation about why I wanted to go to GW about a month ago. My interview was in September. Very excited to join the class of 2023!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got a "likely to be accepted" email from Kevin Nies this morning. I'm so incredibly excited! I had submitted a Letter of Intent and had a phone conversation about why I wanted to go to GW about a month ago. My interview was in September. Very excited to join the class of 2023!
Did you tell them you would withdraw from all WL too?

to those recently accepted-- did any of you NOT have a phone conversation with Kevin Nies about your interest in GW?

Got an email from Kevin Nies today and also got an acceptance! OOS, LM 74, August interview!! Absolutely thrilled!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
Got an email from Kevin Nies this morning and an acceptance shortly after! OOS, LM 66 with a heavy amount of volunteer/leadership/shadowing/research experiences. Late November interview, sent in one letter of intent in mid-February and another one in mid-March. Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Got accepted by email today! Maryland resident, LM 73.5, interviewed in January. I sent a letter of interest after my interview but that's really it. Unsure if I will choose GW over my current acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
Got accepted by email today! Maryland resident, LM 73.5, interviewed in January. I sent a letter of interest after my interview but that's really it. Unsure if I will choose GW over my current acceptance.

When do you have to decide by?