2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! :) when did you interview? I interviewed in the beginning of Feb and I’m still on the waitlist nervously awaiting any news.
I interviewed in early March

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else on the waitlist hear back this week? I hope we get an update soon.

Reactions: 1 user
someone in another waitlist page said that VCOM-Carolinas is expecting movement in June, so hopefully the same thing goes for Virginia!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi friends. Still waiting on the waitlist. Haven’t heard a thing. Has anyone? For those of you waiting like me, stay positive!

Hi friends. Still waiting on the waitlist. Haven’t heard a thing. Has anyone? For those of you waiting like me, stay positive!

i emailed asking them asking their projected movement/should i reapply and they told me they do not recommend applying yet. don't know if thats a generic answer or they expect movement so just to wait it out, but that's all i got as far as updates go

i emailed asking them asking their projected movement/should i reapply and they told me they do not recommend applying yet. don't know if thats a generic answer or they expect movement so just to wait it out, but that's all i got as far as updates go
Thank you for your reply! That’s a good sign that they told you not to reapply. Let’s hope for the best then

I got in off the waitlist last week, and withdrew my acceptance on Wednesday. Hoping one of you gets my spot! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance just now. I hope one of you gets the call for that seat soon!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything new regarding the waitlist movement?! I’m getting crazy anxious! Hopefully it’ll pick up soon

Hey guys for those of you still on WL and those that haven't found apartments yet, where are most people planning on staying? Lots of apartments around the area have started to fill up? I think the ones closest to VCOM are already full.

I think some people suggest doing airbnbs for a while/hotel because there will most likely be people who are in need of roommates that you can probably find during the first week of school. I think that's what im planning on doing if I ever get off this waitlist lol

I was worried about the same thing. It’d be so difficult to find housing that fast. I hope the school can provide some suggestions if we do get off the waitlist. I haven’t heard anything back. I’m so anxious. An Airbnb would seem pricey until finding a permanent place to live :/

does anyone know if virginia sends an email telling you you're towards the top of the waitlist? i know one of the side campuses does

does anyone know if virginia sends an email telling you you're towards the top of the waitlist? i know one of the side campuses does
I emailed them wondering the same and they told me that they can’t let me know where I stand on the waitlist. They said they’ll contact you if you get at the very top so you can start prepping your required things (physical exam, immunization records, etc). Im guessing very top is top 5? I’m not sure. Hopefully someone else on here knows.

i got an email today from virginia asking if i wanted to be put on carolinas waitlist in addition to virginia because movement is slowed and they probably cant offer me a seat for 2023, did anyone else get this email?

i got an email today from virginia asking if i wanted to be put on carolinas waitlist in addition to virginia because movement is slowed and they probably cant offer me a seat for 2023, did anyone else get this email?
Yeah I got this email too! Very discouraging but all we can do is wait and see.

I haven’t received anything...not sure if that’s worse or not. Did anyone else not get this email? Either way, I’m hoping for the best for all of us. This process has really been something else.

I haven’t received anything...not sure if that’s worse or not. Did anyone else not get this email? Either way, I’m hoping for the best for all of us. This process has really been something else.
I’m assuming if you didn’t get that email you are higher up on the waitlist but I could be wrong, goodluck to you!

Could it be possible that there is potential to be accepted after orientation has started around July 22?

yeah i think so! they said they accept people up until the first day of class, i just dont know how likely it is

i actually just got accepted to carolinas earlier this week! waitlist movement is still happening!!

Im gonna join in and say that I was accepted to Auburn yesterday as well, so there is still hope. Auburn starts monday while the other campuses still have a 2 weeks!

i actually just got accepted to carolinas earlier this week! waitlist movement is still happening!!
I got accepted into the Carolinas today!!! Do you mind if I send you a personal message? :) congrats!!

Did anyone who submitted their secondary super late (as in January) have success last cycle?