2017-2018 Virginia Commonwealth University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you IS or OSS? Also if you don't mind me asking what your stats are?
In-state and my Lizzy M was 71.7 with my undergrad GPA, but I also have a graduate degree (although I'm not sure how much that factors into things)

Members don't see this ad.

Wow congrats!

I keep checking the portal but I still have the message that they've reviewed my file and will grant me an interview if they want (assuming I'm on re-review). Any idea when they re-review? Would it be after the first round of interviews?

At least you're that far... I'm half-convinced they forgot about mine D'x I've been waiting for review for 16+ days

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still being reviewed - in-state and I was complete on 07/10. I applied fmSTAT, so it's kind of weird that it's taking so long to hear anything.

Got the II this morning! I have dates I can schedule in late September and October.
No email just checked my portal and interview tab popped in. Previously had very interested status.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still under review. Completed 7/10 anybody in the same boat?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone having problems with the website?? Oddly enough, my essay keeps duplicating apostrophes after saving it. Tried multiple times to erase and re-save but it continues.

edited

Last edited:
I submitted my primary on 7/18 and haven't received a secondary yet. Is this a sign that I have been pre-screened or am I jumping the gun? I am OOS, but above what I thought to be their minimums.

I submitted my primary on 7/18 and haven't received a secondary yet. Is this a sign that I have been pre-screened or am I jumping the gun? I am OOS, but above what I thought to be their minimums.

I'd say jumping the gun, since they're currently dealing with (1) II for people who submitted earlier, and (2) incoming MS1/MS2. I know 14 days does seem a while but I think the rate at which schools get out secondaries decreases as the season goes on? Someone correct me if I am wrong :oops:

Your OOS status may play a part into it, especially since we're entering the thick of the application process now.

By submitting your primary, do you mean you haven't been verified by AMCAS yet? VCU sends secondaries after your primary has been verified.

It could be my phone, but is anyone else unable to log into the portal right now?

Status Update: "Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates."

-Getting ready for a rejection

Status Update: "Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates."

When they say "don't call requesting special dates," do they mean that candidates cannot ask for or reschedule specific interview times?

Doubtful it will be anytime soon. They would flat out reject you like they did multiple others. You're probably gonna be in the pile that gets looked at continuously as they go through the season. It's not over yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Do I have any chance with MCAT 505 GPA 3,7 IS

When did you submit?

Still sitting at the "Your file is now complete. The sub-committee will complete a review of your application...blah blah" Was complete on the 12th or 13th of July...I cannot remember the exact date.

Reactions: 2 users