2017-2018 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you. I have finally been able to login to all the different accounts after reading your comment.

How is the Google UNE site different from Outlook? Do we get emails in both?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you. I have finally been able to login to all the different accounts after reading your comment.

How is the Google UNE site different from Outlook? Do we get emails in both?

You only get emails through the Microsoft account. There is no use going to mail.google.com for your UNE account. Think of Google as where you'll do your collaboration work, and Microsoft as where you get your communications.

No problem! Thanks for taking the time to respond. We need to support eachother in this time of need haha

Agreed!! Definitely update if you hear anything. I'm hoping there'll be some movement starting the end of this month. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To say I'm losing hope would be the understatement of the century :(

Last edited:
Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement? In the FB group or otherwise? Seems weird no one has heard anything since they began waitlisting in Jan, or maybe the people who got in off the waitlist aren’t on these forums

Last edited:
Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement? In the FB group or otherwise? Seems weird no one has heard anything since they began waitlisting in Jan, or maybe the people who got in off the waitlist aren’t on these forums

I would say there hasn't been much, if any, movement. If there was I would imagine someone somewhere on here would know something...

I think the end of this month/May/June is where the movement really is. Talking about nail biter, though, jeez Louise. Hang in there! You are not alone in the frustration!

Yes, I'd say so too. I think the deadline to hold multiple acceptances (at least for MD schools) is in 2 weeks so hopefully that will force people to start making decisions...

Word on the street has confirmed what I was thinking - apparently the waitlist hasn't been touched yet because they're currently over capacity. Once the number of students who have submitted a deposit dips below ~178, they can begin accepting people from the waitlist. Fingers crossed the deadline for multiple acceptances gets things moving!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know what percent of interviewees get waitlisted? Or a rough estimate of rejections per interview batch? Just trying to gauge my actual chances since we can't ask our waitlist rank...

Word on the street has confirmed what I was thinking - apparently the waitlist hasn't been touched yet because they're currently over capacity. Once the number of students who have submitted a deposit dips below ~178, they can begin accepting people from the waitlist. Fingers crossed the deadline for multiple acceptances gets things moving!
Does this mean they will most likely take less people or that more people have put deposits down at multiple places? I guess we will find out. What is your opinion about that?

Does this mean they will most likely take less people or that more people have put deposits down at multiple places? I guess we will find out. What is your opinion about that?

I know in the past they began accepting people off the waitlist in January, and now here it is almost end of April and it hasn't been touched, so my initial reaction is that they may not end up taking many people from the waitlist. BUT because I like to remain positive, it's completely possible that enough of their deposited slots have also deposited elsewhere, and that's why the deadline for multiple acceptances should help weed out folks who aren't 100% on attending UNE. Lots of things could happen in the next couple of months so I'm still holding out hope :) If I hear anything else I'll be sure to share!

Anyone know what percent of interviewees get waitlisted? Or a rough estimate of rejections per interview batch? Just trying to gauge my actual chances since we can't ask our waitlist rank...

It seems anyone who interviewed sometime in November and afterward were either rejected or waitlisted since they had already filled their class. I think at this point the best we can do is send updates/letter of intent. They will not accept additional MCAT scores or letters of recommendation (I know because I asked haha).

3 more hours for them to get moving on that waitlist and make my 4/20 1000x better. fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad :)
There is really no way to know how the waitlist is put together right now. Historically, we do accept a bunch of people from the waitlist, so I would expect some movement come May.

Withdrawing my spot in the class, good luck to those waiting for an acceptance!

Reactions: 6 users
I didn't get my acceptance until late june last year. Some class members got them the day before class. Have hope!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I didn't get my acceptance until late june last year. Some class members got them the day before class. Have hope!!!

When did classes start last year? My worry with a late acceptance (heck, of course I'll still take it D:) is that it'll be hard to find housing and adjust considering quite a few of us will need to move halfway across the country.

When did classes start last year? My worry with a late acceptance (heck, of course I'll still take it D:) is that it'll be hard to find housing and adjust considering quite a few of us will need to move halfway across the country.

Agreed. I have one son starting Kindergarten in the fall and another who would need daycare, and of course a place for me and my family to live, so this has been my worry with a late acceptance, too. They have until July 13th to notify us either way, and I believe classes start the end of that month, so there's not a lot of time :(

Classes started July 31st for us this last year. Classes start July 2nd this year.

Agreed. I have one son starting Kindergarten in the fall and another who would need daycare, and of course a place for me and my family to live, so this has been my worry with a late acceptance, too. They have until July 13th to notify us either way, and I believe classes start the end of that month, so there's not a lot of time :(
Orientation will be at the end of June with the first day of classes on July 2nd. They adjusted the schedule a bit so that in 2nd year, we will have an additional month to focus on boards prep.

Orientation will be at the end of June with the first day of classes on July 2nd. They adjusted the schedule a bit so that in 2nd year, we will have an additional month to focus on boards prep.
Classes for everyone start July 2nd or just second years?

1st and 2nd years.

Ok that's what I thought but wow - so they could potentially accept people from the waitlist even after classes have started...o_O

This. We can get notified about acceptances until July 13th, but start date is July 2nd... If it unfold like this I'm sure I'll drop everything and go, but the mere thought of moving so far /and/ having missed class time is a bit... D:

Okay, I need to stop fretting because /yikes/. I really hope you hear from them soon :(

This. We can get notified about acceptances until July 13th, but start date is July 2nd... If it unfold like this I'm sure I'll drop everything and go, but the mere thought of moving so far /and/ having missed class time is a bit... D:

Okay, I need to stop fretting because /yikes/. I really hope you hear from them soon :(

Oh for sure! I loved this program so an acceptance is an acceptance and I'd definitely still go, but yes, just a bit stressful in the meantime!

I hope you do, too! I need to stop fretting, too, haha it's not doing any good. Doing my best to stay positive! Best of luck to you!

What are the last days for fall and spring semesters?

What are the last days for fall and spring semesters?
According to their posted upcoming academic schedule for 1st years, fall semester lasts from July 2nd to December 21st, and spring semester lasts from Jan 2nd to Jun. 28th.

According to their posted upcoming academic schedule for 1st years, fall semester lasts from July 2nd to December 21st, and spring semester lasts from Jan 2nd to Jun. 28th.

While the semester is technically until June, you will not be in class the entire time until then.

So when do classes end then? How long is the summer break for first year?
Based on allanMED15's comment, I think the summer break will be a little over 1.5 months.

And winter break is about 10 days:(

FYI for anyone wondering about the "DO equivalent" of the April 30th multiple acceptances deadline for MD schools:

"Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited and the seat may be given to another candidate. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one college of osteopathic medicine to avoid having positions withdrawn." (AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines)

Is there a facebook page or some other place for accepted students? I have to start thinking about places to live and figuring out other stuff so just wondering

Is there a facebook page or some other place for accepted students? I have to start thinking about places to live and figuring out other stuff so just wondering
Yeah there is. It is UNECOM Class of 2022 (Official).

Any waitlist movement..?

I’m honestly surprised at how quiet it’s been... I would have thought there would be a good amount of movement right about now

Reactions: 2 users
I’m honestly surprised at how quiet it’s been... I would have thought there would be a good amount of movement right about now

Same. I've all but given up.

It could be that waitlist movement for MD schools has been slower than previous years so people waiting to hear from MD haven’t pulled out of their DO acceptance

Does anyone know if you can call the Admissions office of UNECOM and ask what spot you are on the waitlist?

Does anyone know if you can call the Admissions office of UNECOM and ask what spot you are on the waitlist?
Nah they won’t tell you where you are on it, or even if People in your spot on the list usually get off. :/

maybe this is the nth dimension where there is waitlist movement but nobody on sdn has gotten any, even if the probability is less than a percent. :alien:

They refuse to tell anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

any movement at all???
I have not heard of any movement as a student. I also have not noticed any new additions to the facebook page. That might not be a very accurate parameter for gauging wait list movement though.