2017-2018 University of Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an acceptance email yesterday that I somehow didn’t see until today! I’m beyond excited!!!!!!

Now it’s time for apartment hunting. Does anyone know what areas the students typically live in?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Just got an II. Earliest date is late February so will probably be turning this one down

Reactions: 3 users
Got an acceptance email yesterday that I somehow didn’t see until today! I’m beyond excited!!!!!!

Now it’s time for apartment hunting. Does anyone know what areas the students typically live in?
Congrats! When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you were already accepted off the waitlist but have been studying to retake the Mcat do u still retake? or cancel that sucker and enjoy the holiday?

If you were already accepted off the waitlist but have been studying to retake the Mcat do u still retake? or cancel that sucker and enjoy the holiday?
Now why on earth would you retake the MCAT after having been accepted?! I can think of at least a few more enjoyable ways to spend 6.5+ hours....

Reactions: 3 users

Were you accepted off Maryland’s waitlist??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
No another school but it’s thread doesn’t have as much action lol
Definitely take the MCAT just for fun, you never know when there will be an interesting CARS passage that will make it worth your 7 hours of time.

Reactions: 4 users

084.png

Reactions: 7 users
Lol it’s just I spent 2300$ on kaplan test prep like 6 weeks ago. I am all about say welp it’s all good but with the money spent I was just wondering if there was any benefit to still retake. Sounds like I’ll just be enjoying Christmas instead of studying lol. Anyone wanna buy my access ???

Lol it’s just I spent 2300$ on kaplan test prep like 6 weeks ago. I am all about say welp it’s all good but with the money spent I was just wondering if there was any benefit to still retake. Sounds like I’ll just be enjoying Christmas instead of studying lol. Anyone wanna buy my access ???

Try the MCAT forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Placed on hold just now, pre-II. By email.

Edit: This was my signature at the time, if anyone wants my stats:
Class of 2022!
MD Schools:
19 cGPA: 3.99 MCAT: 521 LizzyM: 77.9
Pre-II: H 1 | R 8 | WD 3
II 6 | IA 5 | A 2 | WL 1 | R -
Canadian Schools (dual citizen): 4 | R 2 | II 2 | A - | WL -

Last edited:
Would any current students have any advice about whether or not to fly out for second look day? I was thinking it might be a good idea for meeting classmates and potential roommates, but it's a long trek from California for a day or two trip.

You seem charming
Why thank you!
A quick glance through these threads will show you that complete date has little or no correlation with decisions., and I thought that was a point worth making since so many people don't seem to think that. That's all I have to say about that.

Would any current students have any advice about whether or not to fly out for second look day? I was thinking it might be a good idea for meeting classmates and potential roommates, but it's a long trek from California for a day or two trip.
Depends on how on-the-fence you are. If you know you're coming, save the $ and find a roommate on the Facebook group. If you have doubts or are really particular about who to live with, then come. There will be neighborhood tours and social activities but nothing crucial. This is only the 2nd time Maryland has had Second Look (I am 2020, we didn't have one) and my class found housing just fine.

FWIW, I find Maryland to be far more chill than any other school I looked at or anywhere my friends attend and 2nd Look isn't THAT big of a deal for this very reason.

Reactions: 1 user
Depends on how on-the-fence you are. If you know you're coming, save the $ and find a roommate on the Facebook group. If you have doubts or are really particular about who to live with, then come. There will be neighborhood tours and social activities but nothing crucial. This is only the 2nd time Maryland has had Second Look (I am 2020, we didn't have one) and my class found housing just fine.

FWIW, I find Maryland to be far more chill than any other school I looked at or anywhere my friends attend and 2nd Look isn't THAT big of a deal for this very reason.
Related to this, has there been a Facebook group made for admitted students yet?

Does anyone know where to submit updates to my application? I want to submit my fall semester grades

Any MSTP news? I've been sitting with no communication since I submitted my secondary in mid August

Any MSTP news? I've been sitting with no communication since I submitted my secondary in mid August
I received an MSTP II on 11/10. I submitted 10/12. Hang in there!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone from the mid-november interviews heard back? They said before the holidays but I checked my portal and still no updates

Has anyone from the mid-november interviews heard back? They said before the holidays but I checked my portal and still no updates
I was early November and still haven’t heard anything

Are post II updates accepted here? I understand they aren't pre II.

Are post II updates accepted here? I understand they aren't pre II.
Pretty sure they take updates pre II, so I assume post II as well.

Source: submitted a pre II update and got an email that they added it to my file

Just had something very odd happen to me. After being waitlisted, I received an email telling me my account is ready to be made, etc.

Am I reading into this too much? Or is there a surprise waiting? XD And has anyone else had this happen to them?

Does anyone have any idea when financial aid and scholarship info comes?

Anyone get an email about the background check?

Just had something very odd happen to me. After being waitlisted, I received an email telling me my account is ready to be made, etc.

Am I reading into this too much? Or is there a surprise waiting? XD And has anyone else had this happen to them?
Happened to me
Unfortunately I don't think this is a surprise waiting for us