2017-2018 University of Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today :)
OOS Complete 8/22

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! :D What interview dates were available?
I picked a date in December, the only date available in November was 11/20 which I couldn't do. But I applied MD/MPH so the options may be different.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted last week interviewed 9/27 :)

Reactions: 6 users
I was completed on 9/6 and still haven't heard anything about II. When should I realistically expect to hear something?

I was completed on 9/6 and still haven't heard anything about II. When should I realistically expect to hear something?
I don't know, but I was complete by 9/13, with what I think are pretty good stats (although OOS), and haven't heard a thing either. I don't think there's anything to it though, just wait a few more weeks or so and hopefully they'll get to us. They have a lot of apps to sort through, takes time.

Anyone know how far out they’re interviewing now? Trying to estimate about how much time for interviews they have left

I picked a date in December, the only date available in November was 11/20 which I couldn't do. But I applied MD/MPH so the options may be different.

I'm interviewing in December and for the MD/MPH program too!

I'm just wondering if there is any way to express my interest/connection to the area pre-II. I'm OOS but I live in Baltimore at the moment. I know they don't accept updates though. Any other ideas?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heart palpitations every time I see a notification for this thread. Still waiting post-II :’(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
I have heart palpitations every time I see a notification for this thread. Still waiting post-II :’(

Yep. Still waiting post-II from a 9/18 interview. Come on UMD. Put me out of my misery.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep. Still waiting post-II from a 9/18 interview. Come on UMD. Put me out of my misery.

Ahhh you’re past that 4-6 week timeline! Are you going to contact them?

Already did. Got a generic response saying admissions decisions are being released shortly.
I feel you all so hard, but have settled into the mindset that I'll hear whenever I hear back...I've set low expectations about hearing back soon at this point so I'd stop worrying about it D: I think committee didn't meet last week due to AAMC conference or white coat ceremony. Hoping we all hear back tomorrow!

I feel you all so hard, but have settled into the mindset that I'll hear whenever I hear back...I've set low expectations about hearing back soon at this point so I'd stop worrying about it D: I think committee didn't meet last week due to AAMC conference or white coat ceremony. Hoping we all hear back tomorrow!

Crossing fingers for all of us!

Just got wait listed. Interviewed 10/11. Lizzy score of 70.5

ACCEPTED TODAY AT 11am!! IS, interviewed late September. Got an e-mail about a decision and logged into the Portal to see the acceptance :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Those of you who got accepted- how did you think your interviews went?

II just now - complete mid August. Available dates were 11/15 (??) and 11/29. Canadian FYI.

Reactions: 5 users
I can't remember what the policy is, but can we send updates post-interview?

II yesterday! only dates in January (OOS, complete August)

Reactions: 3 users
I’m In State, complete 8/10, haven’t heard anything. Any ideas here...?

I can't remember what the policy is, but can we send updates post-interview?

Yup, it said we could in the portal, at least if you get waitlisted.

II today! Available dates ranged from November all the way to January.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you get interview invite through email or through the portal?

Those of you who got accepted- how did you think your interviews went?
I thought one interview went poorly and that the other one went well. First one went over 60 minutes and the interviewer wasn't very friendly and responsive. It was hard to get a read on him. My second interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to, and it went on for about 45 minutes.

Last edited:
Submitted 7/31 IS. Just got an email I was placed on hold. I didn't even know they had holds, just thought they rejected pre-II. Anyone know from past years if this is a good or bad sign?

Just got an on-hold email and was told that they’d welcome any updates and add them to my file.

Was placed on hold pre interview as well. Does anybody have any insight into what this mean stuff for most on hold people?

Submitted 7/31 IS. Just got an email I was placed on hold. I didn't even know they had holds, just thought they rejected pre-II. Anyone know from past years if this is a good or bad sign?
Bad.

I looked at last year's thread. A good amount of people got II's off of hold in February, and a good amount also were rejected. UMD rejects pre-II so I definitely wouldn't see it as a bad thing. Idk if you're trolling or what

I looked at last year's thread. A good amount of people got II's off of hold in February, and a good amount also were rejected. UMD rejects pre-II so I definitely wouldn't see it as a bad thing. Idk if you're trolling or what
No, I'm not trying to troll. Just speaking from 2 years of past experience lol. And expecting my own hold email to come sometime soon. I don't recall many people receiving interviews off of a hold, but your idea and my idea of "a good amount" may differ.

+1. Wondering if this is a bad sign or just neutral...
It's pretty bad. I'm a re-applicant and got the hold e-mail last year. I paid close attention to interview invites for people who also got the hold, but it seemed that there were very few to none. I'm expecting another hold this year very soon.

Reactions: 2 users