2017-2018 Johns Hopkins University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just wanted to enjoy a nice Wednesday morning

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
where are you seeing the update? I don't see anything
When you log in, on that first "My Application(s)" page, there is an all-caps bolded line at the bottom that says DECISION STATUS: AVAILABLE BEGINNING 12/6/2017 and a link below that, which goes to the rejection letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you log in, on that first "My Application(s)" page, there is an all-caps bolded line at the bottom that says DECISION STATUS: AVAILABLE BEGINNING 12/6/2017 and a link below that, which goes to the rejection letter.
Thanks! no news yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the axe today. Good luck to y'all still in the running!

haha! As soon as I saw that email I knew it was an insta rejection!

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected. Talk about a major cull! I feel much better knowing I'm not even close to being alone!

Has anybody had received any post-interview rejections?

Has anybody had received any post-interview rejections?

The first wave of post-interview acceptances, wait list, and rejections will be next week. Usually acceptances sent one day and waitlist/rejections the next day.

From the Office of Admissions's Facebook page:

"Greetings,

The first wave of decisions were released about two hours ago. These were for applicants who have been reviewed and not invited to interview. For applicants who were interviewed by the end of October, your notifications will be sent within the next 10 days. Anyone who has not received a decision is still being reviewed: you should know one way or another by the end of January or early part of February.

We appreciate the strong interest in Hopkins by those who did not receive an interview invitation and have been denied. We hope that you will have success elsewhere.

The Admissions Office"

Reactions: 8 users
Also rejected today pre-II. Complete email in early October. Wow, I somehow feel much better knowing this was a wide-sweeping bloodbath....

Edit: This was my signature at the time, if anyone wanted to know my stats:
Class of 2022!
MD Schools:
19 cGPA: 3.99 MCAT: 521 LizzyM: 77.9
Pre-II: H 1 | R 8 | WD 3
II 6 | IA 5 | A 2 | WL 1 | R -
Canadian Schools (dual citizen): 4 | R 2 | II 2 | A - | WL -

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
rejected pre-II yesterday as well!:laugh:
OOS LM74, complete July 19th

anyone know the specific day this week that post-II decisions will be released?

Reactions: 5 users
Do you think that because we interviewed early and this is the first round of decisions, we are better off or worse off?

Do you think that because we interviewed early and this is the first round of decisions, we are better off or worse off?
Obviously worse because they interview the worst applicants first. duh.

I don't think it can hurt! Nothing we can do about it now, though!

Were all December acceptances given out on a single day in the past? Or did they accept people throughout the week?

Were all December acceptances given out on a single day in the past? Or did they accept people throughout the week?
I don’t know for sure, but from looking at previous years it seems like they do all the acceptances in a single day

Ms. Mazza please just end it. I can't take this anymore.
8f3a57ada2fabd33f423b94f0ce6b33ae7f5ca303758c780124710baa3671491.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
I need someone to take my computer and phone away from me so I stop refreshing my email....

Alternate list:/ could be worse!

Edit: I received the status from the portal