2017-2018 George Washington University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can you submit more than 3 letters of recommendation?? from research and clinical experience

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
got my 'application has been reviewed/hold for re-review' status today

:nailbiting:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Got no email, but I checked my portal, and this was in there. Was complete 7/5

Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date.

7/5, same day I received the invitation
Got no email, but I checked my portal, and this was in there. Was complete 7/5

Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date.

Mine says the same. I remember last years thread a lot of people had this status as well, does this have any significance on II

placed on hold for re-review?! AHHH, what does this mean?!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Probably that its insanely early in the cycle still and too early to give out any IIs because not enough people are complete or have even submitted yet to render any decisions??

Probably that its insanely early in the cycle still and too early to give out any IIs because not enough people are complete or have even submitted yet to render any decisions??

I'll take that lol

It's likely that most of the adcoms are off for part of the summer and will review when they get back.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone going to GW right now and wouldn't mind answering a few questions?

I hope GW is just having super mad technically difficulties and somehow we all get II's and acceptances :)

Also feel free to ask any questions about the process last year, I'd be happy to answer!

When I was accepted it changed to "Correspondence has been sent to the address on file" I have heard that the correspondence sent message can also be a rejection, but when you see that status, expect a decision soon.

Hope this helps!

So they send acceptances via mail?

I CAN"T BELIEVE IT I LITERALLY JUST GOT AN II I AM OVER THE MOON EXCITED!!!!!

Reactions: 15 users
Congrats on the IIs everyone! On re-review today, but submitted recently.

for those whose status has changed from the "we have received all of your materials" completion status, how long did it take? I have been complete for over a week but my status has not changed.

Reactions: 2 users
for those whose status has changed from the "we have received all of your materials" completion status, how long did it take? I have been complete for over a week but my status has not changed.
+1

I submitted on 7/5 and was presumably complete 7/7 or 7/8, got the hold status on 7/13

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats to those getting IIs!! This is so exciting, I love this school. Hope to join you guys soon!

This school is legitimately the dream. Congratulations everyone!!

II!

Very average stats

Submitted: 7/13
cGPA: 3.63
sGPA: 3.49
MCAT: 510

Did you ever have a hold for re-review status?

Im not sure, I never checked to be honest. I didnt think theyd send interviews this early so I hadnt even checked my application, I just received an email

Congrats! My stats are around there as well, are you IS or OOS?

I am from south eastern Virginia. Isnt it private though so it shouldnt matter?

Im not sure, I never checked to be honest. I didnt think theyd send interviews this early so I hadnt even checked my application, I just received an email

I am from south eastern Virginia. Isnt it private though so it shouldnt matter?
Oh true, duh. Instinct, sorry lol.

Congrats everyone!!! What does your status say? Did you have the hold for re-review status beforehand?

No i didn't have any hold for re-review. The only correspondence I got from them was the invitation for the secondary, then a secondary complete email, and then the interview.

cGPA: 3.9
sGPA: 3.97
MCAT: 518

250 clinical hours, like 150-175 non clinical, other ECs too

cGPA: 3.86
sGPA: 3.99
MCAT: 504

I have about 500 hours of shadowing, 200 hours of nonclinical, and 100+ hours of nonclinical employment also I am a nontraditional student

Hi there! I've been on SDN for a little while but too shy to post until now. Good luck to everyone applying! Congrats to those with II!!!:luck:

Reactions: 2 users