2017-2018 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will most likely be declining my offer of acceptance here. Loved the school, fell in love with the area (mountains are ****ing dope), but finances are a big factor for me and with it being a new school with no federal aid yet and a $3,000 deposit, I'll be considering other options. This school has a fantastic mission and will be doing great things. Hope one of you guys get it.
Buena suerte!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted with a 494. I did retake it and did better (and mentioned my change in study plan in the interview), but I didn't have the new score when I interviewed and applied with the 494. Moral here is that you are more than your score and this school really seems to get that.
oh thanks for that! I had told them to hold off on reviewing me until my new score came out.. maybe i would have been ok, but the lady i spoke with made it sound like they were screening for 500+. congrats

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected :)

Starting to wonder if there is a big red flag in my application

Rejected :)

Starting to wonder if there is a big red flag in my application

How'd your interview go? Do you have other post-interview rejections? I doubt that they would've given you a II if they had any major concerns. It may be that you need brush up on some interviews skills.

Accepted!!!! Almost didn't believe it when I read the email. Interviewed 9/11. 501 MCAT. PM for extra deets. Super psyched!!!!
Congratulations. I got accepted as well and I am super excited. The school has all the qualities you could want in a school not to mention the opportunity to make a real difference.

oh thanks for that! I had told them to hold off on reviewing me until my new score came out.. maybe i would have been ok, but the lady i spoke with made it sound like they were screening for 500+. congrats
We are so much more than just scores. We are people and people who can make a real difference

I have nothing against the school at all. I loved it. I simply cannot afford to put in a $3000 deposit this early in the cycle.
Dont let money get in the way of your dream. Maybe credit car
That's a very good question, I'm gonna take advantage of the time I have to apply for as many private scholarships as I can. When I got my admissions offer, the financial aid office contacted me immediately with options of various loan programs to apply for so I'll likely take advantage of those. Also the fact that they contacted me right away made me feel comfortable that they're going to secure aid for the next year. If I don't get any scholarships, I might differ a year? Haven't thought that far in advance yet.
Will the school let you defer a year to give you more time to sort out your financial situation? Has that happened before? Seems really nice of them but sounds too good to be true

I got an II yesterday! I submitted my secondary about a month ago..

Reactions: 1 user
I got an II yesterday! I submitted my secondary about a month ago..
Congratulations, what are your stats and what dates are available if you don't mind me asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations, what are your stats and what dates are available if you don't mind me asking.
3.34 cgpa/3.32 sgpa, 500 MCAT.
When I looked I think Oct. 11, 23, and Nov 1. were available. There could be more, those are just the ones I remember.

3.34 cgpa/3.32 sgpa, 500 MCAT.
When I looked I think Oct. 11, 23, and Nov 1. were available. There could be more, those are just the ones I remember.
Congrats, I need to get a good MCAT score.

We are so much more than just scores. We are people and people who can make a real difference
I know that but the exam is there for a reason, and from what I have read on this thread most people that got an II have an above 500. Didn't you?

How long did it take to receive a complete email from BCOM after submitting the secondary?

How long did it take to receive a complete email from BCOM after submitting the secondary?
BCOM doesn't send out a "complete" email after submitting your secondary. Like MissAnonLot said, I'm sure if you email them, they can confirm that they've received it but probably not much more than that.

Killer's an understatement.
My wife did not want to move across the country to New Mexico. She does happen to have an obsession with Mexican food and I used that obsession to get her OK for me to send in my app. I got an acceptance to a school closer to home (ARCOM) so I had to turn down my BCOM interview, but it was with great sadness as I doubt Arkansas has a decent burrito joint in the whole state :(

how long does it take to her back about II. I submitted secondary/payment on Aug 21 and havent heard anything any ideas?

how long does it take to her back about II. I submitted secondary/payment on Aug 21 and havent heard anything any ideas?
are you pending test scores or anything like that? I know that is the reason why i haven't heard anything from like any school.

Anyone currently at BCOM or interviewing this Friday that do BJJ? I was planning on dropping in at a local BJJ gym. It would be cool to meet up with like minded people.

Withdrew II for this Friday + application. Best of luck, y'all!

Took quite a while but rejected this morning.

Took quite a while but rejected this morning.
Sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll get love from other schools. Would you mind sharing your stats and complete date? You can PM me if it's more convenient.

After visiting this school I have nothing but positive things to say about it. Profoundly helpful and welcoming people to include the students. If I get an acceptance here it wins out over all others. Best of luck to all!

Got II !! unfortunately no dates open till Nov 1, should i be worried how late the interview is?

Got II !! unfortunately no dates open till Nov 1, should i be worried how late the interview is?
It's definitely not late, late would be like February. What was your complete date?

around the beginning of September, Just been a little worried because this the first school i've heard back from, and its getting into October. Not too familiar with how far along the process of the cycle we are in.

Anyone who interviewed 9/29 that has gotten info on acceptance/rejection? I'm sweating bullets here!

Anyone interviewing 10/20 and want to possibly meet up the day/night before at Starbucks or something?

Anyone who interviewed 9/29 that has gotten info on acceptance/rejection? I'm sweating bullets here!

Committee meets on Wednesdays and when I interviewed on the 20th they said you would hear the following Wednesday night or Thursday morning. I heard last Thursday the 28th. Accepted!!! Super super excited!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Committee meets on Wednesdays and when I interviewed on the 20th they said you would hear the following Wednesday night or Thursday morning. I heard last Thursday the 28th. Accepted!!! Super super excited!!!!
Well keep your fingers crossed for me because it is Thursday now! Hopefully today is going to be a good day.

I was waitlisted. Tbh I’m kinda happy with this result. I don’t have to pay that huge deposit and I was expecting a rejection after my interview