2017-2018 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know when people have gotten taken off the waitlist in the past?
I actually don't think anyone got off the waitlist last year. They only made it through deferred acceptance list

Members don't see this ad.

Would doing a written statement for the secondary vs. a video hurt my chances? I'm already on the edge when it comes to grades, but I don't feel like doing a video. I feel like I can express myself better through a written statement compared to a video where I look super awkward.

Those who have interviewed before, does the day end with lunch? I booked the wrong flight leaving El Paso and it leaves at 3:40 - If the day ends with lunch I won't pay the crazy expensive "change flight fee" and just head to the airport early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who have interviewed before, does the day end with lunch? I booked the wrong flight leaving El Paso and it leaves at 3:40 - If the day ends with lunch I won't pay the crazy expensive "change flight fee" and just head to the airport early.

Day ends with lunch but they do a curriculum and financial aid presentation during that time.

@harkas and I are interviewing on the 8th as well!
Hey! I'm interviewing on the 8th as well! I'm coming from Pennsylvania and I'm traveling by myself, so if you guys want to hangout after our interview day then let me know. I was thinking about trying to get a group together to go on a hike somewhere. If you're interested, pm me and we can exchange numbers! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I'm interviewing on the 8th as well! I'm coming from Pennsylvania and I'm traveling by myself, so if you guys want to hangout after our interview day then let me know. I was thinking about trying to get a group together to go on a hike somewhere. If you're interested, pm me and we can exchange numbers! :)

I would be down for that! I will add you to our group chat :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all, I am about to cancel my interview for the 11 Sept. Just a heads up if anyone wants a seat, the school sounds great just got accepted to a top school.

Was told we would hear back about interviews today or tomorrow. Looks like the previous wave of acceptances/waitlists/rejections were sent on Thursday, but that apparently hasn't stopped me from refreshing my email every 15 mins. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back.

Congrats sunsfan!

Waitlisted. It looks like this school gives deferred acceptances later in the cycle and did not accept people off the waitlist last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 08/06
Received phone call end of August for II
II email 09/06
LizzyM 69

How are you going to pay for your first year then?
That's a very good question, I'm gonna take advantage of the time I have to apply for as many private scholarships as I can. When I got my admissions offer, the financial aid office contacted me immediately with options of various loan programs to apply for so I'll likely take advantage of those. Also the fact that they contacted me right away made me feel comfortable that they're going to secure aid for the next year. If I don't get any scholarships, I might differ a year? Haven't thought that far in advance yet.

That's a very good question, I'm gonna take advantage of the time I have to apply for as many private scholarships as I can. When I got my admissions offer, the financial aid office contacted me immediately with options of various loan programs to apply for so I'll likely take advantage of those. Also the fact that they contacted me right away made me feel comfortable that they're going to secure aid for the next year. If I don't get any scholarships, I might differ a year? Haven't thought that far in advance yet.

If you read prior threads, it is clear that the financial aid office is awesome at Burrell. During their presentation on interview day, it was definitely apparent that they do everything they can to help. I think that is a great sign for this school. Would definitely use the financial aid office as much as possible. Smart to be applying for scholarships.

Really hoping they start sending some II out soon. :eyebrow:

GOT AN II!!!! My first one! I'm so happy but also somewhat scared!!

Reactions: 3 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II yesterday. I'm going to sadly decline the invite but hopefully one of you guys can get my interview seat!

Accepted!!! Interviewed 9/8

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted! 3rd application cycle and I finally got it, so happy going to be a doctor!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
yes guys, the recently accepted, please share your stats? Congrats

Tanks for sharing your stats guys! Congrats again on the acceptance! Hopefully my MCAT is >500 cuz it seems all the admitted had over 500

Accepted!!!! Almost didn't believe it when I read the email. Interviewed 9/11. Super psyched!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats sunsfan!

Waitlisted. It looks like this school gives deferred acceptances later in the cycle and did not accept people off the waitlist last year.

Waitlisted as well :/ Do you think they'd move us up to deferred acceptance before offering it to others?

Declining acceptance offer. Hopefully one of you all get the seat.

Good luck.

I have nothing against the school at all. I loved it. I simply cannot afford to put in a $3000 deposit this early in the cycle.
Don't you have 30 days to do so?

Great point though.

Don't you have 30 days to do so?

Great point though.

Yes. You do have 30 days to do so, but I was one of the first interview groups, so my deadline for the deposit is actually in about a week...

For those interested, I emailed Adrian about the waitlist activity in the past.

2016:

Students pulled off deferred list: 71 (Every single student who was placed on deferred got an offer)

Students pulled off waitlist: Approx. 165

2017:

Students pulled off deferred list: 118 (Still had 3 students left who had to be deferred)

Students pulled off waitlist: 0 (no one got pulled up due to the fact we did not get through deferred list)

Tanks for sharing your stats guys! Congrats again on the acceptance! Hopefully my MCAT is >500 cuz it seems all the admitted had over 500
I got accepted with a 494. I did retake it and did better (and mentioned my change in study plan in the interview), but I didn't have the new score when I interviewed and applied with the 494. Moral here is that you are more than your score and this school really seems to get that.

Reactions: 5 users