2016-2017 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know how to log onto MySLU.slu.edu for the first time to pay the deposit?

Members don't see this ad.

Finally Accepted!!! First one! I interviewed 2/13 so there is still hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted. Interviewed 2/14, LM74. Will be withdrawing though. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys on the WL!

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted. Interviewed 2/14. LM 67-69 OOS.

Reactions: 1 user
Those of you have withdrawn your acceptances and gotten tuition deposits back, do you just email the [email protected] account?

Edit, nvm, found it. Withdrew today, hoping my place goes to one of you wonderful people!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does that mean aoa is determined by clinical years?

Every school does it differently but usually it's clinical year grades, Step 1 scores, and basically your involvement in 'leadership'. Hope a current SLU student can weigh in.

ah nice! is this outlined somewhere or from interview day?

From interview day. I think Dr. Wilmore explicitly stated that when he was giving his spiel on SLU's emphasis on mental health. Otherwise, Ive seen it confirmed by some current SLU students.

Did anyone who has heard back from the committee interview with Dr. Graham? (DM if you don't want to reply on the thread)

As the multiple acceptance deadline approaches and applicants make decisions, I wanted to update again! I am a first year SLU med student that is on the Orientation Committee! We will be planning the events for your welcome week and making sure you have the necessary info before moving to STL. We created a facebook group about a month ago; we ask that only accepted students request to join the group (search Saint Louis University - Class of 2021). Once you request to join, we will give you instructions on how to verify your acceptance, so please check your Facebook messages (especially that random "messages requests" folder!) Congrats on your acceptance to SLUSOM, and we look forward to having the new class on campus!

As the multiple acceptance deadline approaches and applicants make decisions, I wanted to update again! I am a first year SLU med student that is on the Orientation Committee! We will be planning the events for your welcome week and making sure you have the necessary info before moving to STL. We created a facebook group about a month ago; we ask that only accepted students request to join the group (search Saint Louis University - Class of 2021). Once you request to join, we will give you instructions on how to verify your acceptance, so please check your Facebook messages (especially that random "messages requests" folder!) Congrats on your acceptance to SLUSOM, and we look forward to having the new class on campus!

Can I DM you with any school related questions (or ask on here)?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just accepted off the waitlist! Sent a letter of interest Sunday evening!
Congrats!
Did you email your letter to a specific person or just uploaded it on the application portal?

Withdrew after getting alternative list...going to a top 30 med school instead!

Withdrew after getting alternative list...going to a top 30 med school instead!

I don't understand the point of posting this?? Like do you really need some praise/validation from random people on the internet??

Reactions: 12 users
I don't understand the point of posting this?? Like do you really need some praise/validation from random people on the internet??
Was thinking the exact same thing lol

WL today...interviewed 2/14 LM 69-70.

Reactions: 2 users
Wait-listed today at 9am. Accepted at 930 am! Quite the roller coaster, but I am excited!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats! would you be willing to post ur STATs?
Sure! 3.82 GPA (total and science as well) 35 on MCAT. Been working in a hospital for the past couple years, graduated back in 2015.

does SLU normally give students any financial aid? all I received were loan offers and I wasn't sure if this was normal.

edit: I guess they either give students 5k / year, 10k / year, or nothing. If they give money out, they will request the completion of a validation form by student & parent. It looks like awards can be applied for and given out each year.

I only submitted my fafsa and was never asked to complete a validation form. My award also just shows loans so I guess I didn't qualify either based on merit and/or need, for this year at least.

does this sound accurate? @slusom

Last edited:
does SLU normally give students any financial aid? all I received were loan offers and I wasn't sure if this was normal.

edit: I guess they either give students 5k / year, 10k / year, or nothing. If they give money out, they will request the completion of a validation form by student & parent. It looks like awards can be applied for and given out each year.

I only submitted my fafsa and was never asked to complete a validation form. My award also just shows loans so I guess I didn't qualify either based on merit and/or need, for this year at least.

Yo same for me. Only got loans p

Sorry you didn't receive any scholarship. If you have any other acceptances, maybe you can leverage some scholarship? I've heard some students are successful with that. I was talking to a student on my interview day and they told me that almost every student eventually gets a 5k or 10k scholarship so contact a current student and inquire about that.

Just placed on the alternate list. Interviewed 2/21

Is anyone rejected post-interview or does it seem like everyone is either accepted or added to the alternate list?

Sorry you didn't receive any scholarship. If you have any other acceptances, maybe you can leverage some scholarship? I've heard some students are successful with that. I was talking to a student on my interview day and they told me that almost every student eventually gets a 5k or 10k scholarship so contact a current student and inquire about that.

I appreciate the reply! Did you get 5k or 10k?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Do you just email SLU if you're withdrawing your seat? And then they'll refund your deposit?

beginning to pre-write secondaries, did most people leave the "additional information" blank, or did you use it as "why slu?"

beginning to pre-write secondaries, did most people leave the "additional information" blank, or did you use it as "why slu?"

I threw in my diversity statement.

Anyone that interviewed March 6th hear back yet? Or at least anyone after Feb. 14th?