2016-2017 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone that interviewed March 6th hear back yet? Or at least anyone after Feb. 14th?
Yeah I interviewed Feb 28th, and just got put on the alternate list like 30 min ago. Really loved SLU, but I got into my state school so I'm not totally bummed I guess

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I interviewed Feb 28th, and just got put on the alternate list like 30 min ago. Really loved SLU, but I got into my state school so I'm not totally bummed I guess

Coincidentally, just got into the alternate list about 30 min ago as well. I was one of the first people to be interviewed so anyone else that had an interview on March 6th should hear back soon.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Coincidentally, just got into the alternate list about 30 min ago as well. I was one of the first people to be interviewed so anyone else that had an interview on March 6th should hear back soon.
When was the last interview day? Was it March 6th?

Hey guys, I withdrew my acceptance yesterday. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope my spot goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
also waitlisted yesterday. does anyone know if SLU uses a ranked waitlist or if it just a rolling waitlist?

It was a tough decision, but I withdrew my acceptance today. Whoever takes my spot, I hope you absolutely kill it in SLUSOM! :)

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone that interviewed March 6th hear back yet? Or at least anyone after Feb. 14th?
I Interviewed Feb 21st and haven't heard anything back yet.

Hello, I'm probably going to end up at Saint Louis. I was accepted here last month. Can any of the current medical students recommend some of the popular apartments among medical students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I'm probably going to end up at Saint Louis. I was accepted here last month. Can any of the current medical students recommend some of the popular apartments among medical students?
Join the Facebook group they gotta bunch of links on there bout housing!

I am a hermit with no facebook. Can you post the links? My interview day guide said she lived in a neighborhood that's near some festival and a food truck round up that rolls in every month; does anyone know what hood that is?

The vast majority of students live in the Tower Grove area and Central West End. Within Tower Grove there are a ton of smaller areas like The Hill and The Shaw area that students tend to concentrate in. I'll be living in The Shaw so that I can bike to class every day.

I am a hermit with no facebook. Can you post the links? My interview day guide said she lived in a neighborhood that's near some festival and a food truck round up that rolls in every month; does anyone know what hood that is?

Tower grove

Great info. Thank you everyone. There seem to be a lot of interesting places to stay. I'll probably spend a couple weeks in June checking them out before settling on one.

I was accepted to SLU this morning by email. I interviewed 2/21 and was not placed on the waitlist first. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted to SLU this morning by email. I interviewed 2/21 and was not placed on the waitlist first. Good luck to everyone!
Congrats! Here's to the start of traffic season for all of us on the waitlist!

Got a email about staying on the wait list today. It's starting!

Reactions: 1 users
Got a email about staying on the wait list today. It's starting!
I just got this email and prematurely celebrated. The subject "alternate list update" was a bit misleading.

I just got this email and prematurely celebrated. The subject "alternate list update" was a bit misleading.

Me too. At first I was thinking "OMG ACCEPTANCE" then immediately was brought back to reality

Goodluck all- hang in there :) Hoping good news for all soon.

Just got an email whether I wished to continue to stay on the alternative list today (interviewed 1/9/17)

Just withdrew my acceptance here, good luck to all still waiting!

Reactions: 7 users
How do you rescind your acceptance???
I believe you can just inform them via email. Just send one to the admissions committee. Sucks that it's the weekend so can't call them and ask...

Does anyone know how soon after the multiple acceptance deadline waitlist movement will occur?

Just got accepted off the waitlist! Thanks to whoever gave up their acceptance :)

Reactions: 5 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist! Thanks to whoever gave up their acceptance :)

Congratulations! Did you get a phone call or email?

Just withdrew my acceptance. Such a tough choice... Hope it goes to one of you!

Oos, got accepted off the waitlist like an hour ago . VERY EXCITED . I hope that all of u guys could get in . Don't lose hope , I'm sure all of u can and will be amazing doctors .

Oos, got accepted off the waitlist like an hour ago . VERY EXCITED . I hope that all of u guys could get in . Don't lose hope , I'm sure all of u can and will be amazing doctors .
Please do me a favor. Could you post what day and time you received an email requesting you update your contact list (alternate list update request). It probably was some time in the last week. Would appreciate knowing when. Because I believe when you receive that update is the order of the alternate-list.
Thanks.
Norseml

Just an email.
Hi, Congratulations. I am making the same request to you that I made to the poster by name Persidan Dreamer. Did you receive an "update contact info" email (alternate list update was the title) some time last week. If so what day and what time did you receive it. Please indicate your time zone too. Thanks.
Norseml

withdrew yesterday! hope one of you all gets my spot!!

Reactions: 6 users
Please do me a favor. Could you post what day and time you received an email requesting you update your contact list (alternate list update request). It probably was some time in the last week. Would appreciate knowing when. Because I believe when you receive that update is the order of the alternate-list.
Thanks.
Norseml

Hi, Congratulations. I am making the same request to you that I made to the poster by name Persidan Dreamer. Did you receive an "update contact info" email (alternate list update was the title) some time last week. If so what day and what time did you receive it. Please indicate your time zone too. Thanks.
Norseml

I'm just wondering what makes you feel that these 'update contact info' emails are connected with your rank on the alternate list? That would be awesome if they were connected. I received mine on 4/26.. when did you guys receive yours?

I'm just wondering what makes you feel that these 'update contact info' emails are connected with your rank on the alternate list? That would be awesome if they were connected. I received mine on 4/26.. when did you guys receive yours?
A few people on the thread recieved theres' on 4/26, which is why @norseml also asked for the time. I got mine also on 4/26 at 1:22pm PST (3:22pm CST) though I'm still waitlisted.

A few people on the thread recieved theres' on 4/26, which is why @norseml also asked for the time. I got mine also on 4/26 at 1:22pm PST (3:22pm CST) though I'm still waitlisted.
mine came at 4:22pm EST so we got ours at the same time.... Pretty cool :) .... i am still waitlisted as well

Accepted off the waitlist!! There's movement folks! I'm 99.99% sure I will be enrolling!!! AHHHH!!!

mine came at 4:22pm EST so we got ours at the same time.... Pretty cool :) .... i am still waitlisted as well

Got mine 4/26 at 4:23pm and still waitlisted.

Last edited:
I got mine at 4:22 pm EST on April 26. From the looks of it, Dr. Bball did too. Because, on April 26, when you posted you received this "alternate update list" and celebrated prematurely, he said he got it about the same time. And so we HAVE HOPE!

Declined my offer today. Good Luck to all who are waiting for a spot!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew over the weekend, pretty rough choice, it was my first acceptance and felt super special. Best of luck to you all, I hope one of you guys gets my seat :D

Because, I looked through last year's postings around the same time. My conclusions first, and then the data. (Of course I am assuming all posters are truthful 100%)
1. Last year the first batch of emails went out on April 21, 2016 Thursday. Some people indicated that they got the "alternate list update contact info" email on that day.
2. On that day and following few days, there were folks who complained that they did not get any such "alternate update contact info" email.
3. Some of them got it on April 25, 2016, Monday.
4. There were others who were waitlisted but never got the "alternate list update contact info".

So, the alternate list update info email is sent in batches. Some people get it earlier than others. Some don't get it at all. The update contact info has one purpose. These are potentially people who will receive an offer after April 30th, when SLU finds out from students who are withdrawing. When students receive the email from SLU, people have a short window of time (1 to 2 days I think), to accept or they lose it. So they want the students to provide an email which they watch regularly not once a week or once a month.

In any case, one of the ones that did not get it called SLU and posted what they said. That as long as you do not withdraw from the waiting list, you are likely to be considered. However, it seems logical to me that if you have a good chance of receiving an offer, they would want to give you the opportunity to provide them a contact information that you access frequently.

Now, here is the data. This is verifiable by looking through this link:
2015-2016 Saint Louis University Application Thread

Alternate list update contact info email went out on april 21, 2016.

mbio2015, postiveprotons, Bermie, got it in April 21, 2016.(last year it was a thursday)

Bermie interviewed in February, placed in Alternate list in March.

Interestingly, more students got update contact info on April 25, a monday as well. (If SLU wanted to make a single contact list and send a single email, they could have just as easily)

eartwj and sweetdisposition and Bboyzen202 got that on April 25 monday.

swolesoul did not get one until april 24, sunday. meow+or_never also did not get on April 25 nor did believer2015

ac909009 did get an email asking if he still wanted to be considered. might be the same as contact update.

Bboyzen202 got it on April 25. (Interviewed in December). Note Bermie got on April 21, but interviewed in February.

(So the update contact list request is not sent out in the order of the interview date. Most likely it is in the order of the ranking in the alternate list).

Because, I looked through last year's postings around the same time. My conclusions first, and then the data. (Of course I am assuming all posters are truthful 100%)
1. Last year the first batch of emails went out on April 21, 2016 Thursday. Some people indicated that they got the "alternate list update contact info" email on that day.
2. On that day and following few days, there were folks who complained that they did not get any such "alternate update contact info" email.
3. Some of them got it on April 25, 2016, Monday.
4. There were others who were waitlisted but never got the "alternate list update contact info".

So, the alternate list update info email is sent in batches. Some people get it earlier than others. Some don't get it at all. The update contact info has one purpose. These are potentially people who will receive an offer after April 30th, when SLU finds out from students who are withdrawing. When students receive the email from SLU, people have a short window of time (1 to 2 days I think), to accept or they lose it. So they want the students to provide an email which they watch regularly not once a week or once a month.

In any case, one of the ones that did not get it called SLU and posted what they said. That as long as you do not withdraw from the waiting list, you are likely to be considered. However, it seems logical to me that if you have a good chance of receiving an offer, they would want to give you the opportunity to provide them a contact information that you access frequently.

Now, here is the data. This is verifiable by looking through this link:
2015-2016 Saint Louis University Application Thread

Alternate list update contact info email went out on april 21, 2016.

mbio2015, postiveprotons, Bermie, got it in April 21, 2016.(last year it was a thursday)

Bermie interviewed in February, placed in Alternate list in March.

Interestingly, more students got update contact info on April 25, a monday as well. (If SLU wanted to make a single contact list and send a single email, they could have just as easily)

eartwj and sweetdisposition and Bboyzen202 got that on April 25 monday.

swolesoul did not get one until april 24, sunday. meow+or_never also did not get on April 25 nor did believer2015

ac909009 did get an email asking if he still wanted to be considered. might be the same as contact update.

Bboyzen202 got it on April 25. (Interviewed in December). Note Bermie got on April 21, but interviewed in February.

(So the update contact list request is not sent out in the order of the interview date. Most likely it is in the order of the ranking in the alternate list).

wow. great detective work and thank you for sharing this with all of us. I will certainly take this as a sign of hope!!!

Accepted today off of the waitlist!!! There is hope for all, it really does happen!