2016-2017 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let me guess, you were complete yesterday, but haven't heard anything in 12 hours and are getting nervous?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using SDN mobile
I was simply having some fun...
c7a9c074f631d34ddeca8870c863439b1228b8d1592f6e6b5a0dcf7f946f16b4.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
anyone get a regular decision interview invite yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
None reported yet. why are they running so behind? Or are folks just not reporting on sdn?
i wouldn't worry. M1 here..was complete august and didn't interview till january

Reactions: 1 user
How do you like the school so far? How's the curriculum with the learning groups?
Changed my username, just letting you know so no one gets confused haha. But I absolutely love it! I love my ALG group, I also think it's a good way to learn for me personally. I think its a great break from traditional lectures

Changed my username, just letting you know so no one gets confused haha. But I absolutely love it! I love my ALG group, I also think it's a good way to learn for me personally. I think its a great break from traditional lectures
THank's for the feedback. Is it all learning groups or are there some lectures as well? It's pretty much just another name for PBL correct?

THank's for the feedback. Is it all learning groups or are there some lectures as well? It's pretty much just another name for PBL correct?
There are 6 hours of traditional lectures per week. There's also some other "lecture" type sessions, such as application sessions which can be labs, TBL, or lectures. You could call it PBL, we get a case per week and as the week goes on, more information about the case comes out

Does anyone know if they're still sending out secondaries? I was verified late July, so I'm wondering if it's too early to assume a silent rejection

Hope we start hearing some news this week!

Hello everyone, I am an EDP applicant, and they sent interview invite yesterday...just figured I would give a heads-up so that way there is a somewhat established timeline!

Would you be kind and share your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they're still sending out secondaries? I was verified late July, so I'm wondering if it's too early to assume a silent rejection
Mine was in the spam folder

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using SDN mobile

Interview!!!

Complete early-mid July. LizzyM around 70. NJ res.

II just a moment ago...SO HAPPY that they would give me an opportunity. Really love this school and everything about it just fits me personally.

Just contributing back:
Complete late July. LizzyM 67-69. NJ resident. Non URM.

II just now! My first interview, and I'm stoked. Got put on hold at put places a few weeks ago, got a rejection last week and then another rejection yesterday, so this definitely was a huge pick me up. Good luck everyone else.

Congrats to everyone with interviews! I'm a M1, feel free to PM me with any questions! :)

When I checked, there were no dates available in September, and only two Fridays in October, the 7th and the 21st. I didn't check any month after October.
congratulations! can i ask when you were complete?

congrats to all the IIs btw! happy to see they're handing out them IIs now ;)

congratulations! can i ask when you were complete?

congrats to all the IIs btw! happy to see they're handing out them IIs now ;)

Yah, I was complete on 7/27. It was super silent for a while, so they should be sending more out in the ensuing weeks.

Thanks for sharing! I'm excited for you and the other first interview receivers! That was the best moment for me! Made me realize my application wasn't just going to be trashed everywhere lol. Total relief and elation

Congrats to everyone with interviews! I'm a M1, feel free to PM me with any questions! :)
Just curious on how the safety of this school is since it is located in Camden, NJ

Just curious on how the safety of this school is since it is located in Camden, NJ
the security is very good at the school. someone is there 24/7 and they will walk you or drive you anywhere in camden. there is also security until 10 p.m. (not school security) that walks up and down broadway (the street the school is on). it is camden, so it will never be completely safe, but i live in camden and i usually feel rather safe (for being in camden)

Anyone know when first batch of rejections get sent out?

:(:(:(Oh no, last year rejections came out on 9/21/2015.
Hang on folks, 2 more days left till first rejections.

M1 here. I love Cooper! If anyone has questions feel free to ask me, as I was in the same position last year. Cooper is amazing.

JUST got a secondary. Verified 8/4
Happy about it though. Very happy.

I submitted my AMCAS app on 7/22 and just got a secondary invite back today. I know "you miss every shot you don't take" but any thoughts on my odds of getting at least an II at this point? I'm OOS, 3.6 cgpa, 3.65 sgpa, 507 MCAT and a lot of volunteering/EC's

I submitted my AMCAS app on 7/22 and just got a secondary invite back today. I know "you miss every shot you don't take" but any thoughts on my odds of getting at least an II at this point? I'm OOS, 3.6 cgpa, 3.65 sgpa, 507 MCAT and a lot of volunteering/EC's

If you can see yourself going here, fill it out. If not, don't.

They obviously liked something enough on your app to send you a secondary. You literally have nothing to lose except some money which is minuet in the grand scheme of things.

I am totally making this up but I think they just started sending OOS secondaries. I received one as well.

I am totally making this up but I think they just started sending OOS secondaries. I received one as well.
I'm OOS and received my secondary in late July. I also just received an II last week. :D

Reactions: 2 users
Way to kill my dreams you guys :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was just hoping that's why they took so long to send me a secondary. Sighs. +pity+

Way to kill my dreams you guys :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was just hoping that's why they took so long to send me a secondary. Sighs. +pity+
Hey they sent you one. That means they like something about your app. :)

I got a secondary invite on 9/16 and was verified in June.

Thanks! Yea, I got the secondary a couple days ago and I'd been verified end of July, so I think they're still just going through everything.

II yesterday..will be withdrawing soon! Complete mid july

Reactions: 1 users