2013 Summer Resolutions Thread

1. Never said it was. I already said I understood your point.
2. Again, he never said he's going to read it for the MCAT, let alone med school. So neither of us have any right to judge his goals
3. Well, that's your opinion, but i guarantee you he'll be better off than someone with no prior experience. :thumbup:

But whatever. Enjoy your summer :rolleyes:

Why thank you little man, It's going to be a great one. I get to spend most of my days with animals which is pretty sweet. You know some veterinary schools accept MCAT scores, maybe I should start studying and learn hardcore sciences too for vet school :D Yes, I will enjoy my summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1691568.jpg

Why thank you little man, It's going to be a great one. I get to spend most of my days with animals which is pretty sweet. You know some veterinary schools accept MCAT scores, maybe I should start studying and learn hardcore sciences too for vet school :D Yes, I will enjoy my summer.

Little? :eyebrow: lol :laugh:

But sounds like an eventful summer for you. I might get to shadow an Internal Medicine Doctor. And, should I do good, get to watch a surgery :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ill just throw a quote out there. "Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life." -Unknown.

Keep doing your thing nysegop! It will def pay off.

Might want to also pick up some psych books for the new sections on mcat 2015!

I wish I knew Arduino stuff...
Why R?

I mentioned it in the other thread remember? :p
It's a powerful statistical programming language that is FREE, compared to SAS($10,000+) and SPSS($500+). Lots of interesting things that you can do easily with R such as running million sample simulations, plotting data, and this:

400px-Mandelbrot_Creation_Animation.gif

And vector programming is pretty handy. That way, I don't have to run a bunch of for loops to get data in and out of matrices/arrays.

Ill just throw a quote out there. "Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life." -Unknown.

Keep doing your thing nysegop! It will def pay off.

Might want to also pick up some psych books for the new sections on mcat 2015!

:thumbup: And sociology.

I mentioned it in the other thread remember? :p
It's a powerful statistical programming language that is FREE, compared to SAS($10,000+) and SPSS($500+). Lots of interesting things that you can do easily with R such as running million sample simulations, plotting data, and this:

400px-Mandelbrot_Creation_Animation.gif

And vector programming is pretty handy. That way, I don't have to run a bunch of for loops to get data in and out of matrices/arrays.

Damn... did you make that?

Got a summer job cleaning CHEMICAL TANKS (we'll see how that goes lol) :thumbup:

UPDATE:

[X] Get a Job :clap:
[] Volunteer at my Hospital
[X] Go to the Gym and lose weight (Lost 1 Pound :laugh:)
[] Get a jumpstart on my Pharmacy Tech Certification Class
[] Do all work and get an A in my Dual Enrollment classes

I think we all need to put an emphasis on physical activity. It's hard to be a doctor telling your patients to lose weight and be healthy when we can't do it ourselves. Just something to think about.

WORK OUT! LEAD BY EXAMPLE!

I think we all need to put an emphasis on physical activity. It's hard to be a doctor telling your patients to lose weight and be healthy when we can't do it ourselves. Just something to think about.

That's just pseudoscience. Lol jk.
You're absolutely correct. I see so many fat-*** doctors at the hospital. Some of them even smoke.

Members don't see this ad :)

that's a definite :thumbup:

Destroyed my finals today :D So happy!!!! 4.0 GPA ftw!

Destroyed my finals today :D So happy!!!! 4.0 GPA ftw!

Sweet! :thumbup:

On another note: I start Dual Enrollment in June. I'm operating on the 1 and 1 Schedule. I'm a little worried :scared: but Excited :D Bring it on!

Congrats @Jpatel2018! And @Solomon, don't be scared ;) Just work hard! And remember that the grade you earn will stick with you for like the next 5 years... No pressure

Thankss! One more day and I am a senior!

Does going into the summer between your junior and senior year basically count as you being a senior???

Thankss! One more day and I am a senior!

Does going into the summer between your junior and senior year basically count as you being a senior???

Well I waited until right after senior graduation, but some just say "once they aren't going to school anymore, I'm a senior." whatevs :rolleyes:

And @amazing tekkers, what do you read? Any specific genres or authors? I need some good books :D

In that case, I'll be a senior after tomorrow (graduation is tomorrow). Btw, everyone should follow me on twitter @jpatel2018 my goal this summer is to get more followers ahahahahah

Well I waited until right after senior graduation, but some just say "once they aren't going to school anymore, I'm a senior." whatevs :rolleyes:

And @amazing tekkers, what do you read? Any specific genres or authors? I need some good books :D

I really don't have a book list as I just browse the selection at the library but i'm currently reading Moonwalking With Einstein.

I'm looking forward to reading Confessions of a Surgeon, I heard its contains good humour, and some dark elements. Eleven Days should be interesting.

I really don't have a book list as I just browse the selection at the library but i'm currently reading Moonwalking With Einstein.

I'm looking forward to reading Confessions of a Surgeon, I heard its contains good humour, and some dark elements. Eleven Days should be interesting.

ahh, sounds good. I'll look into those. Personally, I really like Dan Brown (who just came out with a book Inferno), and also want to read the Hunger Games :D Never really read any strictly medical ones besides textbooks lol.

[] Sleep at much as possible
[] Read some medical terminology
[] Get everything organized and planned as much as I can for college
[] LIFT
[] Work
[] Girlfriend
[] Spend more than 48 hours total on video games

THIS and lose weight...
On my way with that...
Initial weight: 112 Kg or 246lbs 5'10" height
Current weight: 200lbs
Goal: 178lbs

THIS and lose weight...
On my way with that...
Initial weight: 112 Kg or 246lbs 5'10" height
Current weight: 200lbs
Goal: 178lbs

wow, that's a lot of weight lost! Great job, keep it up and good luck! :thumbup: