2011 COMLEX Level I Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bleeker10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread like this for those of us taking the beast this year so I thought I'd make one. When's everyone taking it? I'm taking it May 24th so I now have just over 60 days until I take it.

What materials are being used? I'm using FA, Goljan, BRS Phys, and Savarese along w/ Kaplan COMLEX and USMLE Qbanks (provided by school), USMLEWorld, and COMBANK.

Anyone taking USMLE too? I'm undecided since I'm military. I'll see where I'm at in a month and I can schedule it then.

Members don't see this ad.

COMLEX just needs to be gotten rid. The USMLE is a better test anyhow. Seriously, if they want to make us take some separate small test on OMT stuff, then fine.

It is evident that it is not only a subpar exam, but that they just plain do not care about doing anything but the bare minimum and at the last possible second. Furthermore, their responses to us do nothing to answer our questions. Either today or monday? Really? Thanks NBOME, way to be on the ball.

Amen

Members don't see this ad :)
COMLEX just needs to be gotten rid. The USMLE is a better test anyhow. Seriously, if they want to make us take some separate small test on OMT stuff, then fine.

It is evident that it is not only a subpar exam, but that they just plain do not care about doing anything but the bare minimum and at the last possible second. Furthermore, their responses to us do nothing to answer our questions. Either today or monday? Really? Thanks NBOME, way to be on the ball.

either way you would end up taking two tests (usmle + omt test or usmle + comlex). the problem is that it depends on what test you get, ive had many colleagues who said that comlex was much tougher than usmle and vice versa, it's not really standardized all the way though.

oh well, its looking more and more like scores are coming out on monday. i think they said they would be released maybe at 5pm because thats when everyone goes home. when 5pm rolls by and no scores are posted, there wont be anyone to pick up the phone.....making their lives much easier

Im excited to give these people over 1600 dollars this year....

facebook-like-thumb-up2.jpg

haha seriously. get your act together. USMLE releases every weds on the dot. "Ummm, try checking again at 430PM, or if not, next week" kinda doesn't cut it for me. I know, I'm spoiled.

I shouldve yelled at him when I was on the phone with him...it just sucks, I wanted to know my score before I started my new rotation on Monday.

Releasing it on Friday I think would have been most sensible. If your scores were great, you can greatly enjoy your weekend. If your scores were poor or you failed, you had two days to readjust.

Up, finally!

What does the two digit score mean? I don't get it....technically my COMLEX percentile rank is higher than my USMLE one, but the two-digit score is lower...?

But overall pleased with the result. I think. I took the dang test and I still don't quite grasp what a good score is. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Up, finally!

What does the two digit score mean? I don't get it....technically my COMLEX percentile rank is higher than my USMLE one, but the two-digit score is lower...?

But overall pleased with the result. I think. I took the dang test and I still don't quite grasp what a good score is. :laugh:

Me either

Scores are up folks. I took mine on July 1st and got scores. Did better than I thought at 576, missed my goal of 600+ however. I guess I can live with it. Good luck all.

My goal was to pass and that is exactly what I did - pretty much exactly average!!

Broke out the champagne as soon as I saw it!

:D Congrats, everyone!

Last edited:
Scores have just been released and for any future test takers who are waiting for scores and have Step 2 eligibility posted on their NBOME account, it means you passed!!!!

Scores are up folks. I took mine on July 1st and got scores. Did better than I thought at 576, missed my goal of 600+ however. I guess I can live with it. Good luck all.

You're my score twin! I got exactly 576 and took it July 1! Congratulations everybody on the scores rolling in! We made it though this!

Passed, and with a score that I am happy with! I was so sure that I had failed that I was budgeting money for more test prep materials, reading up on school policies for test failures, etc. Am incredibly happy right now.

Stats: MCAT: 24, Usmle: 215, Comlex 576
All in all, I'm satisfied, I wanted a 600, but cest la vie. Now on to rotations and the shelf exams!

How is everyone seeing their score? The NBOME website seems down right now and before that it only seemed to tell me that I had passed…

How I passed the dang thing, I'll never know. I didn't get a particularly high score, only a 458, but I'll take it.

How is everyone seeing their score? The NBOME website seems down right now and before that it only seemed to tell me that I had passed…

You have to click on the My Scores tab at the top of the page. The website us down now so you're kinda outta luck until tomorrow morning.

Those NBOME folks must be truly sadistic to release scores an hour before they shut their servers down!
(glad I'm an obsessive SDN lurker - thanks engineeredout!)

Awesome, I get on SDN to find out scores are up only to learn they will be down until 4am. This is utterly atrocious. Glad everyone found out their score but I wasn't able to sit at the comp for most of today so I missed out. Guess I'll have to endure until tomorrow.

wow, i been checking like a compulsive maniac all day and the second i decide to nap they come out and servers are down by the time i wake up. Guess I'm waiting up for the grades as well...I also took USMLE

Kinda considering EM/IM. EM for sure, just can't figure out if it is wise to do a combined residency or not.

1 hr to go!

Also, did really well and EM/IM also sounds very appealing to me but the more people I speak to in that field the more they tell me that you just end up doing EM and the IM aspect of it is more to just end up being a more well rounded doc, so ultimately I have no clue what I wanna do.

Not sure why my previous message didn't go through, but said that I have heard the exact same thing. It seems if people do both, they end up just using one specialty which is kind of disappointing. If I had to choose, though, I would go straight EM.

Wow, I can't believe they released them so late!

High 600's, very surprised/happy with my score.

Last edited: