2010-2011 University of Washington Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that was a big jump from #9 to #13! Congrats!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received a Seattle site assignment yet?

Thus far, it looks like only OOS people have received Seattle assignments, all others have gotten Spokane or Pullman. So if you're in-state, and you haven't heard anything, chances are you're in Seattle, maybe? But who knows! They've made Spokane assignments in "several runs," so there could be more coming...

~Kalyx

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone who has recently gotten in! And good news for those still waiting...I got the call from Dr. Norris this afternoon, so they've accepted through #15! Yea!

Undergrad is over in my neck of the woods. Let the goofing off begin!!!!!!!

I'm so freaking excited for this fall.

I feel hesitant saying anything about WL movement. I feel like it's similar to a no-hitter in that its bad luck to mention it.

Thats right. I love the sports analogy with the waitlist movement. Just point to the scoreboard.

Here is the updated waitlist graph. I couldn't figure out how to insert the screen cap in this field, if someone else wants to do that, that would be cool.

View attachment waitlist graph.xls

Aah! This is making me nervous! Am REALLY hoping for Seattle :xf: It was the only site I ranked, so hopefully that will help me out!

~Kalyx

I'm pretty sure if you only rank seattle you will automatically get it. I was one of the few last year who actually read the whole page where you rank your site info...and it says only put the site where you'd be willing to go...so I only put Seattle Lol. And I got placed in Seattle. So I wouldn't worry about it too much, you'll probably be here...

Congrats to all the waitlisters who've gotten in!

5673985562_8a29ec973c_o.jpg

Here you go. I'm keeping an update to date version of the same graph. It's on Bork Bork Bork's spread sheet (here) on sheet 2.

I'm pretty sure if you only rank seattle you will automatically get it. I was one of the few last year who actually read the whole page where you rank your site info...and it says only put the site where you'd be willing to go...so I only put Seattle Lol. And I got placed in Seattle. So I wouldn't worry about it too much, you'll probably be here...

Congrats to all the waitlisters who've gotten in!

Ah, thanks for the perspective. :) That is so reassuring!

~Kalyx

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe the person that does the updates is on vacation?

Hopefully so. I spoke to someone in the office yesterday and they said that two of the admissions staff are on vacation, so maybe they are the same people that do the updates? I was expecting to see some movement by now this week...

Hopefully so. I spoke to someone in the office yesterday and they said that two of the admissions staff are on vacation, so maybe they are the same people that do the updates? I was expecting to see some movement by now this week...

I hear you! I haven't gotten any followup emails and my online status hasn't changed since I got the call on Friday...

^I think so too. Hopefully someone updates the spreadsheet so we can see if we're really ahead of the curve.

#25!!?!

my jaw is on the floor.

Hopefully this means my lucky #29 happens sooner than the expected May 17th I predicted based on previous years.

Last edited:
#25!!?!

my jaw is on the floor.

Hopefully this means my lucky #29 happens sooner than the expected May 17th I predicted based on previous years.

So exciting! I hope you get in soon! And I hope this pace keeps up :) Gotta keep the fantasy alive.

Ha I hope that wasn't a typo

Is anyone else submitting applications for the PreMat program? Is it competitive or do they let most people who apply get in? Also, the directions didn't specify length for essays, I was hoping to get an idea from someone else what they did if their application has been accepted. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey everyone, first of all congrats to all who made it and good luck to those still waiting. I am looking for a guy (yes, the male gender) who is looking for housing in seattle...if u want more info, please pm me. Thanks.

Accepted! Just got the call!!! So they're at least through #26 :)

Congrats!! Now I'm even more antsy!!

I wonder if #s 27 and 28 are SDNers. I'm going to be on pins and needles for the next little bit...

Hi everyone, congrats to those in and good luck to those on the waitlist! I and two other students are renting a four bedroom house in Montlake and would really like to have a fourth person, preferably a guy, to live with us. If you want more info pm!! Thanks!!:D:D

I just firmly accpeted my offer. I'm an OOS applicant. Sorry to those on the waitlist, I really wanted to help you out. I'm STILL waiting for my local school to make a decision on my application...

Hey guys, junior here hoping to apply this summer. Does anyone know if University of Washington requires 40 hours of shadowing? I've heard that from somewhere but could never find an official source.

Hey guys, junior here hoping to apply this summer. Does anyone know if University of Washington requires 40 hours of shadowing? I've heard that from somewhere but could never find an official source.

Yes this is true. They seem pretty adamant about this. If you haven't already, read the admissions website thoroughly, it is loaded with great information that will help you a lot. Also, watch the videos of the information sessions with Dr. Teitz.

Well, I'm #29 but I was without cell service in Montana for the weekend. I have no idea if I was called or not, but I don't have any voicemail :/

Not sure if they would leave me a voicemail? Or just wait to send me the official email soon... hmm.

WOoo :) Just got the email! So they're at least through #29!

Congrats its been a long time coming for you! Today is going to be a big day, I hope, with the domino action taking place. Any other SDNers before #34 or am I in the batter's box?

Congrats its been a long time coming for you! Today is going to be a big day, I hope, with the domino action taking place. Any other SDNers before #34 or am I in the batter's box?

I'm #32 and I just got the call!!!!! Woo hoo!!!! :)

Congratulations! So glad to hear that you've all gotten in!!!!

Maybe I'll see some of you at the Pullman/Moscow site in the fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.