2010-2011 University of Kansas Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you've got another degree / certification, you'll most likely end up doing mundane stuff like wheelchair runs and paper shuffling, but if you've never worked in a hospital setting before, even these positions can be well worth the monotony in terms of acquainting you with the way hospital staff works together and the non-medical concerns of the patients. This counts as clinical exposure and is always a strong talking point in interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Quick change of subject here but I figured since I posted the question earlier on this thread I would answer it. I got my accpetance packet in the mail yesterday so those who were also wondering about that, I assume you either already got it or it is on its way if anybody cared to know haha.

Quick change of subject here but I figured since I posted the question earlier on this thread I would answer it. I got my accpetance packet in the mail yesterday so those who were also wondering about that, I assume you either already got it or it is on its way if anybody cared to know haha.

That is awesome!!! Congrats! When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you've got another degree / certification, you'll most likely end up doing mundane stuff like wheelchair runs and paper shuffling, but if you've never worked in a hospital setting before, even these positions can be well worth the monotony in terms of acquainting you with the way hospital staff works together and the non-medical concerns of the patients. This counts as clinical exposure and is always a strong talking point in interviews.

Yep! That is totally true. I think that at Via Christi you can volunteer in the gift shop, which also sucks, but its better than wheeling people around.

I interviewed back in December, I think it was the 1st of the month. I got my acceptance before Christmas but was wondering earlier when the packet of information came regarding seat deposits, scholarships etc. after the initial acceptance letter.

It seems you are waiting on hearing about your staus from a recent interview... good luck! I will be looking to see how you fare and I am hoping it is good news for all of you on here that interviewed recently.

BWSTW, PM sent with Via Christi contact!

Waitlist, I got the packet the same day you did. Also got a scholarship email yesterday.

And good luck guys waiting for letters! Mail delivers on saturday too!

Mail truck passed right by my house today :(
Interviewing at OU Tuesday so I might get the letter right before I leave Monday, which will definitely change my pre-interview stress level.

Girlfriend's letter came today. "Accepted."

:D

We will see all of you this summer!!! :):):):):):)

Last edited:
Congrats to your gf and you. Did she interview Jan 5-7? If so i guess the letters made it out. Good luck to everybody!!

Yes, she interviewed in the early January block. :D

so here's what a bonehead I am, I did not update my address in my AMCAS app so guess who is going to have to sit around and wait for who knows how long for a letter! I'm so dumb sometimes! Maybe Jason Edwards will tell me via e-mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
so here's what a bonehead I am, I did not update my address in my AMCAS app so guess who is going to have to sit around and wait for who knows how long for a letter! I'm so dumb sometimes! Maybe Jason Edwards will tell me via e-mail.

I don't think he will tell you over email/phone... but I have heard of people going to the office to pick up a copy of the letter.

Good luck Julies & Omzy! I'm rooting for you two. :D

veel succes

UTKD

Last edited:
I don't think he will tell you over email/phone... but I have heard of people going to the office to pick up a copy of the letter.

Good luck Julies & Omzy! I'm rooting for you two. :D

veel succes

UTKD

I think that you are right. I live in Wichita so I can't pick it up. The post office said that they could not find the letter for me in the forwarded mail. Do you think they would let a friend pick it up? Or maybe they would send me another letter? Maybe he would fax me a copy? This sucks so bad. The worst thing is that I thought I had changed my address but in the AMCAS app you have to re-submit it and I don't think I did that after I changed my address.

I think that you are right. I live in Wichita so I can't pick it up. The post office said that they could not find the letter for me in the forwarded mail. Do you think they would let a friend pick it up? Or maybe they would send me another letter? Maybe he would fax me a copy? This sucks so bad. The worst thing is that I thought I had changed my address but in the AMCAS app you have to re-submit it and I don't think I did that after I changed my address.

I had a friend go through this.
He had to have his sister pick it up from the school for him. He had to send an email to Jason explaining the situation and had to send an email clearly stating his AMCAS ID and who would be picking it up…She also had to show her ID.
So send Jason an email explaining the situation and see if he will allow you to do this.

But an easier solution is yes, I think he can get a new letter out pretty quickly. :D

Veel succes
UTKD

Last edited:
I had a friend go through this.
He had to have his sister pick it up from the school for him. He had to send an email to Jason explaining the situation and had to send an email clearly stating his AMCAS ID and who would be picking it up…She also had to show her ID.
So send Jason an email explaining the situation and see if he will allow you to do this.

But an easier solution is yes, I think he can get a new letter out pretty quickly. :D

Veel succes
UTKD

Yes I think it would. I e-mailed him but he sent back that he was out of the office until Wednesday. I called and I am waiting to hear back. I am checking my MEDS page but I only think that will change if I were accepted. I think that maybe I am just going to decide that I was put on hold (which is the most likely) and if I get a good letter then GREAT.
If anyone sees that their MEDS page has been updated will you please give me a heads up. Thank you.

My MEDS page was not updated for an acceptance even to this day. But your mentality was the one I adopted on my drive home from work Dec 21. Good luck!

And congrats to you UTKD! See you guys July 25, or sooner if anything goes on before that.

My MEDS page was not updated for an acceptance even to this day. But your mentality was the one I adopted on my drive home from work Dec 21. Good luck!

Thank you. That will save me time and stress.

Well, I can finally sweep 5 years of stress under the rug. Accepted :D

Congrats to you and your GF UTKD, and to all other acceptees. Also, GL to those waiting for news :luck:

Last edited:

Congrats to you and your GF UTKD, and to all other acceptees. Also, GL to those waiting for news :luck:
GRATS OMZY! (and utkd's girl)
:highfive:
gl joulies and drak

Omzy, congrats on your acceptance!!!! I remember your posts from last cycle. You have a great attitude and I am glad you made it. Did you interview on the 5th, 6th or 7th? Congrats and good luck to all waiting to hear as well!

Booyah! Congrats OMZY!
GRATS OMZY! (and utkd's girl):highfive:
gl joulies and drak

Omzy, congrats on your acceptance!!!! I remember your posts from last cycle. You have a great attitude and I am glad you made it. Did you interview on the 5th, 6th or 7th? Congrats and good luck to all waiting to hear as well!

Thanks guys!
I interviewed on the 6th and thought it went well. Both interviewers said they would advocate for me because they felt I improved the weaknesses in my application satisfactorily. I hope that encourages other re-applicants to do the same.

hahaha! YES!

Congrats Omzy! :D :D :D

That's really great!

Hey Omzy! I suppose you can change your status from Pre-Medical to ___.

:D :D haha, i'll let you figure that one out. ;)
Rehab Sci Student [AuD/DPT/OTD] :confused:

Doctor of Occupational Therapy

interviewed on the 7th. no letter from KU in the mail today. Starting to wonder if it got lost/misplaced or worst, if they haven't sent out the holds and rejects yet :scared:

interviewed on the 7th. no letter from KU in the mail today. Starting to wonder if it got lost/misplaced or worst, if they haven't sent out the holds and rejects yet :scared:

haha, they send them all out at the same time. So, your status is still as much an acceptance as you had hoped. Do you live in Lawrence?

My acceptance letter came 1.5 weeks after everyone else's last year in Lawrence.

I know it's really difficult to be patient but Lawrence's mail system is just horrible.

:S

Veel succes!

UTKD

UTKD, indeed I live in Lawrence. That is somewhat encouraging. Thanks for your input and well wishes!

BWSTW, PM sent with Via Christi contact!

Thank you so much! I appreciate it! - and to everyone else who helped.

Girlfriend's letter came today. "Accepted."

:D

We will see all of you this summer!!! :):):):):)

Omzy that is so awesome! :soexcited::highfive:
and to everyone else who got in! I'm so happy for you guys!

For those of you who are accepted congratulations! For those of you who have facebook, join the "KU School of Medicine Class of 2015" group! Looking forwarding to meeting you all in the near future.

For those of you who are accepted congratulations! For those of you who have facebook, join the "KU School of Medicine Class of 2015" group! Looking forwarding to meeting you all in the near future.

This made me sad, and happy.

Veel succes!

UTKD

Last edited:
BWSTW - Hey man, when did you interview?

Sorry if you didn't get good news. :S

Keep your head up, KU is definitely a re-applicant's game.

Veel succes!

UTKD

Um, I sucked so bad that I didn't even get an interview. :oops: :cry::bang::slap:
(so ashamed :oops::smack:)

Sorry man. :( Didn't know.

Best of luck to you next season!

ah, no worries. I knew that it was going to be a long shot this year, but still wanted to give it a try. I just hate having to tell my friends and family that I didn't get an interview.

What do people know about KU's stance on extra LOR's and multiple updates/multiple LOI's? What about going to KC and banging on their door followed by begging on your knees?

What do people know about KU's stance on extra LOR's and multiple updates/multiple LOI's? What about going to KC and banging on their door followed by begging on your knees?

Don't forget the roses. ;)

At this point your fate is sealed. At this point, there's nothing left to do but jump for the rope dangling above your head.

Maybe if we gang up on them they'll have no choice but to accept us?

Yeah I don't like the idea of my fate being sealed. March can't come soon enough.

Those who interviewed during the week of January 24 are supposed to be hearing back next week I believe. Please post to let us know when your letters arrive. I interviewed that week and Imma nervous wreck. I really want to get in there.:scared:

Those who interviewed during the week of January 24 are supposed to be hearing back next week I believe. Please post to let us know when your letters arrive. I interviewed that week and Imma nervous wreck. I really want to get in there.:scared:

The committee met last night to decide our fate.
:) Good Luck to everyone!

For the FAFSA, does anyone know if we are supposed to submit parental information or not? Some schools don't want it unless you're applying for scholarships and I really don't recall KU's stance on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.