* * 2010 - 2011 Application Season * * Post AACOMAS Questions Here !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
• $50 for the first additional school and $32 for each additional college at the same time."

I think the bolded and underlined is the operative wording about pricing.

Members don't see this ad.

How long does it take for AACOMAS to indicate on your app that they received your transcript?

My third and final transcript was sent out this past Friday, and it still says it's missing

Dude, mine were sent 2.5 - 3 weeks ago and they still don't have them marked as "Received."

Has anyone called AACOMAS and tried to talk to them about something somewhat complicated?

Their customer service rep hardly speaks english. This is ridiculous. Why would you hire someone who hardly speaks english to be your customer service rep over the phone?

I am not trying to mean either. I am of foreign descent and many of my older family members are not great english speakers. Many of them amazingly smart and successful, but I would not hire any of them as a customer service rep whose job is to explain things to customers over the phone. I can tell this to them to their face, and they would not be offended. They realize they aren't 100 % fluent english speakers.

:thumbdown:

I have had to resort to emails because I can't understand their customer service rep. This slows me down 3-4 days every time I have a question.

Edit: I sincerely think that many other AACOMAS workers are great though. I was verified only 4 days after submitting! That was great! Also, I have had no other problems with AACOMAS and everything else has been smooth. So, to any AACOMAS worker reading this, this is not a verbal attack on your whole service and company.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My last transcript was sent out last Thursday (6/10), showed up as received yesterday (6/17) so maybe a week or so?

Has anyone called AACOMAS and tried to talk to them about something somewhat complicated?

Their customer service rep hardly speaks english. This is ridiculous. Why would you hire someone who hardly speaks english to be your customer service rep over the phone?

I am not trying to mean either. I am of foreign descent and many of my older family members are not great english speakers. Many of them amazingly smart and successful, but I would not hire any of them as a customer service rep whose job is to explain things to customers over the phone. I can tell this to them to their face, and they would not be offended. They realize they aren't 100 % fluent english speakers.

:thumbdown:

I have had to resort to emails because I can't understand their customer service rep. This slows me down 3-4 days every time I have a question.

I just called and the guy was clueless and very unhelpful. I asked a few questions and basically his job is to say, "Go look online." I was asking about the discrepancy about the cost to add multiple schools and the guy was like, "if it's charging you more that is correct." So I read him a direct quote from their instruction manual that stated it was less and he said, 'Ok." and I was like... "Ok what?" So he said "you should send an email stating the same thing." Basically, he pawned me off on someone else. At least AMCAS reps are helpful.

Dude, mine were sent 2.5 - 3 weeks ago and they still don't have them marked as "Received."

wtf? Maybe you should call and ask what's up

My last transcript was sent out last Thursday (6/10), showed up as received yesterday (6/17) so maybe a week or so?

Thanks, I guess I'll wait until Monday or Tuesday before I call them.

I think the bolded and underlined is the operative wording about pricing.

In the instructions it says that under the additional schools section, not in the original fees section. The way it is phrased it is $50 + (32 x remaining schools). If you were to do 2 submissions of extra schools you would get charged 50 twice.

The whole pricing this year has been destroyed, their application submission has been bad and overall I'm not exactly excited about AACOMAS. AMCAS has their **** together, AACOMAS is terrible.

wtf? Maybe you should call and ask what's up

I did, the guy was clueless. I asked him to check his system... (I'm sure he just waited a second and said... "Ummmm, Nope. Not here.")

I just went onto Interfolio to check and see if my letter had been received yet and sure enough, one of my transcripts had been received there, but it has not been marked in AACOMAS. Since Interfolio and AACOMAS are affiliated it appears that you can check Interfolio to see if they have been received prior to them being marked received in the system.

Mine took 14 days, btw. I guess it's not as bad as it seemed, but then again it's still not listed as received in AACOMAS.

when someone doesn't give me an answer, i ask (in a sincere voice:) ) if I can be forwarded to someone else or if they know someone who can better answer my question lol and if that doesn't work, i call again the next day and hope I get someone else. I also try calling when they first open so that the reps are still in a good mood and haven't dealt with overzealous students all day... good luck getting everything figured out though!

I did, the guy was clueless. I asked him to check his system... (I'm sure he just waited a second and said... "Ummmm, Nope. Not here.")

I just went onto Interfolio to check and see if my letter had been received yet and sure enough, one of my transcripts had been received there, but it has not been marked in AACOMAS. Since Interfolio and AACOMAS are affiliated it appears that you can check Interfolio to see if they have been received prior to them being marked received in the system.

Mine took 14 days, btw. I guess it's not as bad as it seemed, but then again it's still not listed as received in AACOMAS.

I'm wondering if they have some sort of "alphabetical system" ex. last name begins with a-f you get this doofus handling your app if it is g-r you get this guy, if you are r-z you get this guy.

I've been tracking on SDN and people that have submit after me have been verified while I still see "processing" everytime I log in.

when someone doesn't give me an answer, i ask (in a sincere voice:) ) if I can be forwarded to someone else or if they know someone who can better answer my question lol and if that doesn't work, i call again the next day and hope I get someone else. I also try calling when they first open so that the reps are still in a good mood and haven't dealt with overzealous students all day... good luck getting everything figured out though!

I hope you're calling in the AM India time, because all of our calls are outsourced. At least that's my best guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
wait, then how would someone answer the phone when I call in the morning? It would be about midnight there? maybe it's different for fee waiver stuff because that's what I've been mostly calling about... and everyone I've talked to speaks english perfectly

wait, then how would someone answer the phone when I call in the morning? It would be about midnight there? maybe it's different for fee waiver stuff because that's what I've been mostly calling about... and everyone I've talked to speaks english perfectly

All of the people I've spoken to in customer service speak perfect english as well. I'm not sure who the guy got. I did get directed to e-mail my question about the application fees though because apparently the managers answer the e-mails, not the customer service reps. They could not put me through to a manager on the phone, I was fairly angry about that. I want to speak with someone who knows whats going on, not e-mail them so they can give me some kind of bogus scripted response 24-48hrs later.

Are extracurricular/volunteer/community service activities supposed to be in chronological order?

How do I list hobbies on the ec/volunteer/comm. service section?
Is this how I do it?

Title of position: Tennis
Name of organization: Hobby

Are extracurricular/volunteer/community service activities supposed to be in chronological order?

I suppose that would make it easier to follow. I doubt anyone will care much if it's not though.

Has anyone found that they don't have some required courses for some schools? You can find out in the application PDF's released to each school.

Apparently, LECOM wants us to have 6.00 semester units in "behavioral sciences". I have 3.00 units (a intro criminal justice course).

I doubt they will care though. Am I correct? It would be pretty ridiculous if they didn't look at applicants who didn't take 2 courses in "behavioral sciences". Furthermore, I am a bio major who has taken an extra year of upper level sciences (immuno, 2 neuros, 2 genetics, moleculer bio, etc). It would be a true travesty if they stay strict on this ridiculous requirement.

I guess if they really want it, I could reclassify "Behavioral Genetics" (3.00 units) as a "behavior science" class. Right now, I have it as a bio/zoology course.

Last edited:
Has anyone found that they don't have some required courses for some schools? You can find out in the application PDF's released to each school.

Apparently, LECOM wants us to have 6.00 semester units in "behavioral sciences". I have 3.00.

I doubt they will care though. Am I correct? It would be pretty ridiculous if they didn't look at applicants who didn't take 2 courses in "behavioral sciences".

Its listed in their course requirements. I'd say its probably required, you may need to take another class if you want to matriculate there. I got lucky and my major required 1 Psych course and my linguistic anthropology course was also a behavioral science

Its listed in their course requirements. I'd say its probably required, you may need to take another class if you want to matriculate there. I got lucky and my major required 1 Psych course and my linguistic anthropology course was also a behavioral science

Can I still apply there right now, and tell them I'll take one more "behavioral science" class in the future?

Can I still apply there right now, and tell them I'll take one more "behavioral science" class in the future?

I don't see why not. You'd just need to complete the requirement before matriculation I would assume. I'd call the school to make sure though.

You usually just need to be sure you take the course prior to matriculation.

How long does it take for AACOMAS to indicate on your app that they received your transcript?

My third and final transcript was sent out this past Friday, and it still says it's missing

my transcript took 8 business days

1) is the list of our extracurricular/volunteer/community service activities supposed to be in chronological order? b/c mine don't show up on the pdf. :confused:
2) does anyone know why there isn't a descriptions box for honors/awards? are adcoms not really interested in knowing background info for it? i'd really like to create a box in the extracurricular section titled Research awards/grants so that i can actually type out the full name of awards and give some background info. is this okay or would it be too repetitive?
3) is it necessary to write total hours and avg hrs/wk for all activities? i'm not sure about total hours for a few of them.

this thread is very helpful. thanks to all those who take the time to help out!

could anyone answer this for me please. i would call aacomas but it's the weekend and i'd like to submit before monday. thank you!

could anyone answer this for me please. i would call aacomas but it's the weekend and i'd like to submit before monday. thank you!

1) I don't think it matters, it won't be reorganized from what people are saying so if it bugs you than change them to chronological order

2) No idea, if you feel the need to repeat it make sure all of your grants/scholarships/awards are in one EC slot

3) Estimate, its not necessary but try to get something ballpark in there. The point is they want to know what you did and how long you did it. Being able to speak intelligently on the experience and what you learned from it is more important.

1) I don't think it matters, it won't be reorganized from what people are saying so if it bugs you than change them to chronological order

2) No idea, if you feel the need to repeat it make sure all of your grants/scholarships/awards are in one EC slot

3) Estimate, its not necessary but try to get something ballpark in there. The point is they want to know what you did and how long you did it. Being able to speak intelligently on the experience and what you learned from it is more important.

thank you so much DbDan! :)

Well now im upset...

I was gonna apply to 8 D.O. schools but instead only applied to 5....not a huge deal but it's the principle of it.

Has anyone called and argued this? That fine print is a bit ridiculous...

Well now im upset...

I was gonna apply to 8 D.O. schools but instead only applied to 5....not a huge deal but it's the principle of it.

Has anyone called and argued this? That fine print is a bit ridiculous...

I can't find that fine print anywhere. I called and argued and they directed me to their manager... who apparently is only available via e-mail. I will be calling again Monday morning.

EDIT: NVM its in the CIB. Their application instructions still say 50+32*school so I'm still calling. I think its ridiculous to have their application instructions quote a lower price than the CIB. Especially since I never read over the CIB except for school data and I looked over the instructions because well... its the damn instructions.

I can't find that fine print anywhere. I called and argued and they directed me to their manager... who apparently is only available via e-mail. I will be calling again Monday morning.

EDIT: NVM its in the CIB. Their application instructions still say 50+32*school so I'm still calling. I think its ridiculous to have their application instructions quote a lower price than the CIB. Especially since I never read over the CIB except for school data and I looked over the instructions because well... its the damn instructions.

I called and emailed about this today. I'm still waiting for my email response though. I'll post the gist of the reply when I get one.

I called and emailed about this today. I'm still waiting for my email response though. I'll post the gist of the reply when I get one.

Good to know. Keep us informed. I can see 50 for one school then 32 for subsequents, but I actually input every school just to test the system and was being charged 50 per request. No matter how many I added each one was 50.

Good to know. Keep us informed. I can see 50 for one school then 32 for subsequents, but I actually input every school just to test the system and was being charged 50 per request. No matter how many I added each one was 50.

Thats what the CIB says its supposed to be so I have a feeling its going to be difficult to argue. Doesn't mean i'm not going to argue it on the basis that its in the instructions

I sent one without the form and it worked out fine, but I did put my AACOMAS ID on it. Either way, I don't think it'll be a problem.

Omg that weird Interfolio thing you are talking about...yeah it's normal. I had anxiety when I saw that because I had no idea how it got there. AACOMAS and Interfolio are the same thing so I guess it added the requested docs to Interfolio. Once AACOMAS receives them it will say "ready" or something along those lines. Nothing to worry about :)

Good to know. Interfolio shows it as Arrived, but no change on AACOMAS yet. hmmm

Good to know. Interfolio shows it as Arrived, but no change on AACOMAS yet. hmmm

AACOMAS is slow. It took them a day from the time mine arrived to add it into my file and they were waiting on it to verify me. I was verified the next day.

I'd say if it shows received on interfolio but hasn't been updated on AACOMAS's website i'd call monday afternoon.

not sure if this has been asked before, can you apply to AACOMAS with one school and add more schools later?

not sure if this has been asked before, can you apply to AACOMAS with one school and add more schools later?

The answer is yes, there was alot of problems regarding the pricing after you have already submitted though. It says its 50 per school in the CIB and 50 for the first school and 32 after in the instructions. People were being charged extra before, this morning I was able to submit for the 50+32(n-1) option.

Sorry confusing, but the answer is yes, you just wind up paying a bit more

I have 2 medical licenses and pilot and aircraft mechanic licenses. Anyone know how to enter these on your application?

so i was about to go submit my primary application and was doing a quick review of my app when i realized that under courses, I put the number of credits in the semester hour box.

i originally filled everything out earlier and planned to go back to it but aacomas received my transcripts already and I can't go back and change it. will schools understand what I meant?

(ex for a 3 credit class, i put 3 instead of 40 semester hours)

so i was about to go submit my primary application and was doing a quick review of my app when i realized that under courses, I put the number of credits in the semester hour box.

i originally filled everything out earlier and planned to go back to it but aacomas received my transcripts already and I can't go back and change it. will schools understand what I meant?

(ex for a 3 credit class, i put 3 instead of 40 semester hours)

Credits = semester hours. A 40 semester hr class would be :eek:

Credits = semester hours. A 40 semester hr class would be :eek:

haha o man i think im reading into these things too much now. but it says on my transcript 1 credit = 800 minutes. so a 3 credit class would be 40 hours of that class for a semester?

haha o man i think im reading into these things too much now. but it says on my transcript 1 credit = 800 minutes. so a 3 credit class would be 40 hours of that class for a semester?

lol semester hours = 3 for your class. Forget about actual number of hours, they are asking for the amount of credits. They only say semester because it requires conversion from those of us on quarters.

lol semester hours = 3 for your class. Forget about actual number of hours, they are asking for the amount of credits. They only say semester because it requires conversion from those of us on quarters.

ahhh once again thank you dbdan! i guess im at the point where im stressin about every little thing. time to finally submit. thx!

The answer is yes, there was alot of problems regarding the pricing after you have already submitted though. It says its 50 per school in the CIB and 50 for the first school and 32 after in the instructions. People were being charged extra before, this morning I was able to submit for the 50+32(n-1) option.

Sorry confusing, but the answer is yes, you just wind up paying a bit more

Ok so if we submit a second time it is only 18 dollars more and not 18 dollars per school more now?

Ok so if we submit a second time it is only 18 dollars more and not 18 dollars per school more now?

It was for me yesterday. I added 6 more schools yesterday morning for 210 dollars.

I'm just rambling here and kinda mad...

On my PDF's released to the school's, they combined my fourth and fifth year and called it my "sr yr". Also, they took the grades from my original attempts at classes that I later retook out of the yearly calculations.

So my GPAs goes something like this:

FR: 2.8
SO: 2.4
JR: 3.1
SR: 3.3

When I was hoping it would be:

FR: 2.1
SO: 2.5
SR: 3.1
5th year: 3.9

It just looks a lot better the second way, as the GPA goes up each semester.

I did make sure to list my Dean's List appearances in both semesters of my 5th year in the awards section. Is there anything else I can do to draw attention to my fifth year when I went into beast mode and got a 3.9 ?

I'm just rambling here and kinda mad...

On my PDF's released to the school's, they combined my fourth and fifth year and called it my "sr yr". Also, they took the grades from my original attempts at classes that I later retook out of the yearly calculations.

So my GPAs goes something like this:

FR: 2.8
SO: 2.4
SR: 3.3

When I was hoping it would be:

FR: 2.1
SO: 2.5
SR: 3.1
5th year: 3.9

It just looks a lot better the second way, as the GPA goes up each semester.

I did make sure to list my Dean's List appearances in both semesters of my 5th year in the awards section. Is there anything else I can do to draw attention to my fifth year when I went into beast mode and got a 3.9 ?

Not really. They do that with all students. They go by units and not by year in school. My GPA has a similar trend and the same thing happened. Its unavoidable. If you scroll down to the bottom you can also see the grades in their entirety which I would assume they'd notice if it went C, C, C, C and then all of a sudden your fifth year was A, A, A

Luckily for me I have post bacc classes at a 4.0 to really draw a line :)

I submitted to 6 schools and my app has already been sent to them. I had it listed that I was going to retake the MCAT in July but I just received my May scores and do not need to retake. I deleted the July retake from my application, added my May scores and had THx send them to AACOMAS, but do I need to somehow resubmit the application like AMCAS or how will the schools know that I only plan to use my May scores so I can get secondaries now? Will a new application without the July test date be sent when my scores are submitted to AACOMAS? Do I need to call the schools individually and let them know I'm not retaking and to consider my May scores?

AACOMAS' reply was "Significant updates are sent to the colleges automatically." but that doesn't really help my pre-med anxiety. Can anyone else give a better explanation?

I may have been able to figure this out with the AACOMAS Instructions. But, the file won't open for me for some reason.

So, if anyone can help, please do.

Those are probably quarter units/hours. Here's the conversion:
1 quarter hour = 0.7 semester hours
2 = 1.3
3 = 2.0
4 = 2.7
5 = 3.3
6 = 4.0
7 = 4.7
8 = 5.3
9 = 6.0
10 = 6.7