* * 2010 - 2011 Application Season * * Post AACOMAS Questions Here !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just logged into my Interfolio to send off my LORs to AMCAS and realized that there is a new document pending and listed as not received. It is the one remaining transcript that should have arrived at AACOMAS via fedex yesterday morning. Anyone else have strange transcript requests in their Interfolio documents file? :confused:

I'm actually super confused and I'm praying to god that they didn't mix up which service that transcript was supposed to go to. Interfolio transcripts are deemed "unofficial" and I spent 50 dollars overnighting it to make sure my AACOMAS was verified soon. :mad:

Anyone else have missing transcripts showing up in their interfolio accounts? I didn't really think this was an AACOMAS post so I didn't put it in that thread, feel free to move it if I'm wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

I just logged on to check Interfolio and I also have two transcripts requests there. One for UCLA ext and the other for the CC I'm at now (AACOMAS doesn't have either of these atm). I never entered those two options, are they supposed to be there? I don't know where they came from.

I'm confused too, it's weird bc my UCI transcripts have been received by AACOMAS but there is not option requesting those, does it Interfolio request transcripts not received yet?

Anyway, this post seems even more confusing. I'm going to call them soon, I'll come back and post what I hear from them.

I called and left a message. They returned the call a minute ago and said that this is normal. If you look at the interfolio and aacomas address they are actually exactly the same other than who it is addressed to.

They said this will show up if you submit without them having received your transcripts. Nothing to worry about.

Freaked me out for a second there :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
How is Interfolio working out for you guys anyways? I will probably be using it since my LOR are all from Canada and i assume it would be faster.

How is Interfolio working out for you guys anyways? I will probably be using it since my LOR are all from Canada and i assume it would be faster.

I used interfolio last year and it was great. Most of the osteopathic schools have electronic submission, its ~$4 each school to be transmitted and is available next day for download. Makes completion much quicker. Its only 6 dollars to send via mail as well so it makes it easy to mail them too.

You can have your letter writers simply upload the letter as well so when they finish it there is no processing delay for them to mail it, the letter service to receive, process, etc. Overall I like it and its relatively cheap. I'm not so sure I'll use it professionally like they say you can with cover letters, transcripts, etc. but for LOR purposes its much better and more timely than my school's service (not to mention cheaper).

Wait wait wait, you can send TRANSCRIPTS using interfolio? I was always under the impression that transcripts had to come officially through the registrar's office or they wouldn't accept them (AACOMAS and AMCAS).

Wait wait wait, you can send TRANSCRIPTS using interfolio? I was always under the impression that transcripts had to come officially through the registrar's office or they wouldn't accept them (AACOMAS and AMCAS).

You can send transcripts but they are deemed unofficial by doing it that way. More for if a letter writer wants a packet of your PS, CV, transcript, etc. Also could be used if you wanted to update schools with new grades and a generic update letter (which I wouldn't recommend doing that way anyway)

I called and left a message. They returned the call a minute ago and said that this is normal. If you look at the interfolio and aacomas address they are actually exactly the same other than who it is addressed to.

They said this will show up if you submit without them having received your transcripts. Nothing to worry about.

Freaked me out for a second there :laugh:

Ah! Just got the same info! Love how these things give me mini heart attacks every now and then.

I didn't realize AACOMAS was related to Interfolio, now it all makes sense. So just to clarify. we never send these transcripts anywhere through Interfolio right? They just stay there?

I am a little confused. I know that AACOMAS and Interfolio are linked but it didn't occur to me to log into my interfolio account yet because I haven't finished submitting my AACOMAS application so I didn't need my LORs sent, etc. Anyways, after reading this thread I logged into interfolio and realized that it shows that a transcript for one of my schools "arrived" today. I was wondering if I need to do anything else now; i.e. add it as a delivery via interfolio and send it to AACOMAS or does AACOMAS automatically update in a day or two because as of now when I log into AACOMAS, it shows that the transcript hasn't been received yet. Thanks for the help.

I am a little confused. I know that AACOMAS and Interfolio are linked but it didn't occur to me to log into my interfolio account yet because I haven't finished submitting my AACOMAS application so I didn't need my LORs sent, etc. Anyways, after reading this thread I logged into interfolio and realized that it shows that a transcript for one of my schools "arrived" today. I was wondering if I need to do anything else now; i.e. add it as a delivery via interfolio and send it to AACOMAS or does AACOMAS automatically update in a day or two because as of now when I log into AACOMAS, it shows that the transcript hasn't been received yet. Thanks for the help.

I think AACOMAS will automatically do that for you. Sending the transcript through Interfolio would be "unofficial" so I think AACOMAS will get around to doing it soon enough.

I don't know why but it bothers me that the transcript requests are there lol

It might be worth taking a minute to remember that those of us waiting for our apps to be released to schools now are still ahead of the curve. There are many, many applicants who wait (either waiting for grades, MCAT, just slow, etc) until much later in the application period to submit their application.

I know the process seems to just crawl along at a painfully slow speed, but we should all be at least a bit happy that we've started off well by submitting early.

I called aacomas and they said that my application had been sent out and that my status should change in a couple of days. Hopefully we'll see some activity soon. Would like to start working on some secondaries!

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent out a transcript to AMCAS and one to AACOMAS on the same day (last Monday). AMCAS acknowledged receiving it Monday, but still nothing from AACOMAS. Does AACOMAS usually take a bit longer? It's been a week and a half now.

I submitted both my Amcas and Aacomas end of August last year. My Amcas was verified in one week, while it took two months for my Aacomas to get verified. Since this is early in the application season, you are probably looking at sometime next week for it to get verified.

I sent out a transcript to AMCAS and one to AACOMAS on the same day (last Monday). AMCAS acknowledged receiving it Monday, but still nothing from AACOMAS. Does AACOMAS usually take a bit longer? It's been a week and a half now.

They are SLOW with that. They take forever to acknowledge that they have received it as well. For example, one of my transcripts is listed as received on 5/13 but they didn't tell me they had it until 5/19. AMCAS got the same transcript (sent the same day) on 5/11.

Mzeep said:
I don't know why but it bothers me that the transcript requests are there lol

It was really bothering me... up until right now. I just saw on my interfolio account that my transcript has been received which means I should be verified here before the next time they send out applications. Nice to know that you know as soon as its in the system. Also, AACOMAS still doesn't acknowledge receiving it but I know now... i know :smuggrin: lol

Okay, so this is weird...The first transcript I sent about 2 weeks ago still hasn't arrived, but a transcript I sent out about a week after that already has. :confused:

I am sorry if this question has alraedy been asked. But I was a litte fuyustated so i just though to post it here.

My science GPA is as folows:

AACOMAS: 3.41
AMCAS: 3.46

does any one know why AACOMAS Science GPA could be low.
I guess that AACOMAS does not include math while AMCAS does?

Thanks for your reply

My AACOMAS sGPA is around 3.5.
My AMCAS sGPA is around 3.7.

I found this odd, but then I found out that AACOMAS added a bunch of old classes in that I didn't think went in to grade calculation actually did. Too bad. Hope it doesn't hurt me too much.

I am sorry if this question has alraedy been asked. But I was a litte fuyustated so i just though to post it here.

My science GPA is as folows:

AACOMAS: 3.41
AMCAS: 3.46

does any one know why AACOMAS Science GPA could be low.
I guess that AACOMAS does not include math while AMCAS does?

Thanks for your reply

AACOMAS sGPA is a true science GPA. It includes courses listed as Other Science as well as excluding math. AMCAS is a BCPM.

So the discrepancy you are seeing means you either did poorly in a class deemed "other science" that is leading to a drop or did well in math coursework which is not included in your AACOMAS.

My AACOMAS sGPA is around 3.5.
My AMCAS sGPA is around 3.7.

I found this odd, but then I found out that AACOMAS added a bunch of old classes in that I didn't think went in to grade calculation actually did. Too bad. Hope it doesn't hurt me too much.

so we are in the same boat. My AMCAS sGPA is higher then in AACOMAS (0.05 more) more. I am not sure if it is good or bad. You are above the magic figure of 3.5 at both places.

AACOMAS sGPA is a true science GPA. It includes courses listed as Other Science as well as excluding math. AMCAS is a BCPM.

So the discrepancy you are seeing means you either did poorly in a class deemed "other science" that is leading to a drop or did well in math coursework which is not included in your AACOMAS.

I hope most of the MD/Do schools have sGPA cut off less than 3.46/3.41.

Thanks

so we are in the same boat. My AMCAS sGPA is higher then in AACOMAS (0.05 more) more. I am not sure if it is good or bad. You are above the magic figure of 3.5 at both places.

I hope most of the MD/Do schools have sGPA cut off less than 3.46/3.41.

Thanks

My AACOMAS went down as well. It's because math isn't included, at least for me. I thought it was a typo on my part at first, so I went though both class by class and found the only discrepancy to be math. Oh well. I was shocked that it didn't even raise my non-science gpa... But it is what it is. I guess I have so many non-science classes that 8 credits of math doesn't make much of a difference. :shrug:

I was just "Released".

Is it me or does the application PDF look very disorganized?

I agree.

Were your activity descriptions listed in the PDF?

my activity descriptions are not listed in the PDF. i don't know why. i hope that's how it's supposed to be.

my activity descriptions are not listed in the PDF. i don't know why. i hope that's how it's supposed to be.

I'm with you. I was hoping that I didn't just write those descriptions for my own edification.

1) is the list of our extracurricular/volunteer/community service activities supposed to be in chronological order? b/c mine aren't. :confused:
2) does anyone know why there isn't a descriptions box for honors/awards? are adcoms not really interested in knowing background info for it? i'd really like to create a box in the extracurricular section titled Research awards/grants so that i can actually type out the full name of awards and give some background info. is this okay or would it be too repetitive?
3) is it necessary to write total hours and avg hrs/wk for all activities? i'm not sure about total hours for a few of them.

this thread is very helpful. thanks to all those who take the time to help out!

Crap! I sent a letter to my school (2weeks ago) telling them to send official transcripts to AACOMAS. BUT, I didn't mail them the AACOMAS transcript request form. Will this be a problem? Should send requests to my school all over again?

Also....wierd....it seems interfolio automatically added my schools transcript to the documents list, but the stauts is "not recieved" on 6/15. I didn't add this myself.

Has anyone had their school send transcripts without the "transcript request form"?

Last edited:
Crap! I sent a letter to my school (2weeks ago) telling them to send official transcripts to AACOMAS. BUT, I didn't mail them the AACOMAS transcript request form. Will this be a problem? Should send requests to my school all over again?

Also....wierd....it seems interfolio automatically added my schools transcript to the documents list, but the stauts is "not recieved" on 6/15. I didn't add this myself.

Has anyone had their school send transcripts without the "transcript request form"?

I sent one without the form and it worked out fine, but I did put my AACOMAS ID on it. Either way, I don't think it'll be a problem.

Omg that weird Interfolio thing you are talking about...yeah it's normal. I had anxiety when I saw that because I had no idea how it got there. AACOMAS and Interfolio are the same thing so I guess it added the requested docs to Interfolio. Once AACOMAS receives them it will say "ready" or something along those lines. Nothing to worry about :)

Does it include graduate coursework?

How does AACOMAS see advanced degrees? PhD? PharmD, DC, OD, etc?

How does it handle those degrees when 2 yrs out of the 4 were considered undergraduate by the institution?

Also, if your school counts a B+ as a 3.5, does that mean GPA-wise you will be screwed because AACOMAS will count it as a 3.3?

What about a grade of an AB, how does AACOMAS handle that?

I submitted only 1 school at the initial submission and I thought that every additional school is $32 but now when I was sending my application to other schools it is charging me $50 per school.

I am not able to understand why the fee is 35% higher now.

I submitted only 1 school at the initial submission and I thought that every additional school is $32 but now when I was sending my application to other schools it is charging me $50 per school.

I am not able to understand why the fee is 35% higher now.

It's only $32 for additional schools if you submit them at the time of the initial submission. If you add any on later it's $50.

I'm not sure why, but I was charged $90 to add on 2 more schools. So $50 for the first and $40 for the second. I thought the 2nd one should have been less.

It's only $32 for additional schools if you submit them at the time of the initial submission. If you add any on later it's $50.

I'm not sure why, but I was charged $90 to add on 2 more schools. So $50 for the first and $40 for the second. I thought the 2nd one should have been less.

When I tried to add this morning, it is charging me $50 for every school. I had added only 1 school in the begining just to get verified and make the application ready. I did not read it properly that later on submission will be $50 each.

When I tried to add this morning, it is charging me $50 for every school. I had added only 1 school in the begining just to get verified and make the application ready. I did not read it properly that later on submission will be $50 each.

It shouldn't be, the AACOMAS instructions clearly stated it was 50 for the first school and 32 after that. They also undercharged me for the first batch of schools. If they were going to charge me 50/school after I would have submitted all at once.

EDIT: Directly from the AACOMAS Instructions

"$50 for the first additional school and $32 for each additional college at the same time."

Call them. They better fix it.

It shouldn't be, the AACOMAS instructions clearly stated it was 50 for the first school and 32 after that. They also undercharged me for the first batch of schools. If they were going to charge me 50/school after I would have submitted all at once.

I was also in teh same impression that when you apply in second batch they will charge $50 fortghe fist school and $32 remaining in that lot.

Why dont you login your account and add some more schools (dont give your credit card# and do not hit submit on the last screen), then you will find it out.

If I knew that they will charge $50 for each additional schoo, I would have submitted at the fisrt place.

EDIT: Directly from the AACOMAS Instructions

"$50 for the first additional school and $32 for each additional college at the same time."

Call them. They better fix it.

I also remember readin this. I guess they updated their document.

From their manual:

1​
- $175

Add $32​
for each additional designation
at the time of submission.

Additional designations​
after the initial
submission of the application
are $50

each

I was also in teh same impression that when you apply in second batch they will charge $50 fortghe fist school and $32 remaining in that lot.

Why dont you login your account and add some more schools (dont give your credit card# and do not hit submit on the last screen), then you will find it out.

If I knew that they will charge $50 for each additional schoo, I would have submitted at the fisrt place.

Guess I misunderstood your original question.

I just tried this, and they were also trying to charge $50 per school. I hope they fix the problem since I was probably going to add 2-3 more schools once I get some more money. It seems like they've been having a few quirks this year with the apps.

I also remember readin this. I guess they updated their document.

From their manual:

1​
- $175

Add $32​
for each additional designation
at the time of submission.

Additional designations​
after the initial
submission of the application
are $50

each

I literally, JUST downloaded their document (20 seconds ago) and it says "$50 for the first additional school and $32 for each additional college at the same time." I'll be calling them and arguing this. That is a big difference and its a breach of what we were told at the time of application

Please post what you guys find out when you call. I was hoping to add additional schools thinking that I would only be out $18 total if I waited.

The language seems to be saying that if you submit all schools at once, it will be $50 for the first school and $32 for each additional school at that particular time. If schools are added later, each school will cost $50. I don't think a refund is in order, unless I'm misunderstanding what's been posted here. This still doesn't explain seap3's situation.

The language seems to be saying that if you submit all schools at once, it will be $50 for the first school and $32 for each additional school at that particular time. If schools are added later, each school will cost $50. I don't think a refund is in order, unless I'm misunderstanding what's been posted here. This still doesn't explain seap3's situation.

Actually, it's supposed to be $175 for the first school + $32 each additional the first time. It's adding schools later that seems to be in question. I never read the source that said $50 EACH, I've only seen $50 to add the 1st additional school at a later date + $32 each additional (all at the same time).

I'm just wondering if they changed their policy. :confused: If so, that's really not fair.

How does it handle those degrees when 2 yrs out of the 4 were considered undergraduate by the institution?

Also, if your school counts a B+ as a 3.5, does that mean GPA-wise you will be screwed because AACOMAS will count it as a 3.3?

AACOMAS will allow you to specify how you want to input your courses, but I know mine are listed under Graduate and +/-, AB type courses are given a default numeric value, but you are supposed to change it to match your institutions standards, but the numerical standards need to be listed on the back of your transcripts.

PharmaTope, reference the AACOMAS instructions. It very clearly describes numerous scenarios that you are asking about. Based on your username, I'm assuming you're a pharmacist, which can be complex. The instructions address both pharmacy scenarios (i.e. if you got a B.S. or not in addition to your PharmD)

I'm just wondering if they changed their policy. :confused: If so, that's really not fair.

I downloaded the instructions literally less than an hr ago and it still says that its 50 for the first school and 32 for additional schools. I called and asked them about it and they were not aware of anything that had changed and did not know why I was being charged extra. They had me e-mail the question in and said it would be received by the manager who would be able to fix it.

I also told them that I had downloaded the instructions this morning with the stated policy and would like the charges to reflect such a policy. We shall see what they say/do. I'm going to be livid if they tell me that its 50 a school now since I can't afford the extra 120+ that its going to cost me... thats 2 or more secondaries :mad:

Actually, it's supposed to be $175 for the first school + $32 each additional the first time. It's adding schools later that seems to be in question. I never read the source that said $50 EACH, I've only seen $50 to add the 1st additional school at a later date + $32 each additional (all at the same time).

I thought that was their policy as well. I read that in the manual right after I submitted, but I can't be certain it was the newest edition of the manual.

I just tried to add 3 schools and it charged me $150, so I guess it is $50 per school after you submit...

Ok, so I just went through THIS years instructions and this is a direct quote from page 8:

"The fees for applying to additional colleges each time you add a college or colleges:
$50 for the first additional school and $32 for each additional college at the same time."

Last edited:
How long does it take for AACOMAS to indicate on your app that they received your transcript?

My third and final transcript was sent out this past Friday, and it still says it's missing