2009-2010 University of Washington Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you guys find out your exact position on the wait list?

Members don't see this ad.

I bet the admissions office is tired of me by now! :) I'm rooting for ya, LieutenantDan!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I bet the admissions office is tired of me by now! :) I'm rooting for ya, LieutenantDan!!!
Well we certainly arent getting tired of your updates, as long as one person gets in every day I might get in before the end of May.

I wonder if they would tell us how many firm acceptances have been given and how many seats are still up in the air. I will try to call today and ask them, that way they can be bothered by someone else for a change.

I just spoke with admissions, they said that they could not give me an exact number of spots that havent been firmly accepted, but they did say to expect movement to be slower as we move away from May 15th.

I just spoke with admissions, they said that they could not give me an exact number of spots that havent been firmly accepted, but they did say to expect movement to be slower as we move away from May 15th.

7 more people to go. I am crossing my fingers for you Lt. Dan.

Just got off the phone with Jenny in admissions and she confirmed that the list is still at spot #36 for today. She also graciously mentioned that "crazy things happen" and "you never know how high the list will go."

Just got off the phone with Jenny in admissions and she confirmed that the list is still at spot #36 for today. She also graciously mentioned that "crazy things happen" and "you never know how high the list will go."
Well I am starting to reapply but it's nice to know there is still a chance. I have heard that if you make the wait list your chance of getting in the next time are really good.

UW is my number one choice, and I hope the great people I have met on this forum will be there whenever I do get in. Thanks again for the support.

I called the School of Medicine twice this morning and was transferred to the office of admissions, but have not been able to get a hold of them yet.

Ill try to get an update again a little later, I dont want to annoy them too much.

I called the School of Medicine twice this morning and was transferred to the office of admissions, but have not been able to get a hold of them yet.

Ill try to get an update again a little later, I dont want to annoy them too much.

Keep up the good work. It would be nice to know exactly where we stand heading into the weekend.

anyone accepted off the waitlist recently receive their ECA? I was #17 and am still waiting... the SOM scholarship app is due may 31st and I need whatever login information from the ECA to access it!

anyone accepted off the waitlist recently receive their ECA? I was #17 and am still waiting... the SOM scholarship app is due may 31st and I need whatever login information from the ECA to access it!

You should be getting it very soon. If you're worried contact the student affairs office and they should be able to give you your student number and PAC code which is what you'll need. The application literally takes about 10 minutes to fill out. The bigger task is sending in your parents' taxes and W2s. I hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if there has been further movement?

no idea here. just tried calling and everyone in admissions is out for the day. maybe they are so busy accepting people that they had to leave early?

Called earlier today and they are still stuck at 39. I vote for Dan to call this afternoon to make sure we know where we stand for the weekend.

I honestly just used a different voice when I talked to Jenny. I feel so bad calling. Still at 39.

"they are still stuck at 39"

Does that mean the next person up is #39 or has #39 been accepted already?

Does anyone know what number they were at at the same point last year?

Thanks.

dmason- up to #39 means that #39 was the last person to be accepted.

I am in Spain until mid June so I wont be able to call until then, otherwise I would have already called this week. Thanks in advance for anyone who provides updates, and good luck.

206-543-7212

Ask for admissions. You will be transferred, then ask what number they are on for the Washington wait list.

Has anyone who's gotten off of the waitlist received their financial aid package yet?

Just spoke to admissions. They are still at #39.

Bummer. Is there a time that they officially call it quits? Or can there still be movement up to the day school starts?

I don't think they ever call it quits. Usually there is very little movement after this though. But I think maybe a few more people will hear in the next week or so, the people who have heard from the waitlist recently have like a week to decide. So if they say no, then there could be a few more spots coming. I know one person who declined a spot yesterday, so maybe #40 will hear soon.

What number are you humming sea??

I don't think they ever call it quits. Usually there is very little movement after this though. But I think maybe a few more people will hear in the next week or so, the people who have heard from the waitlist recently have like a week to decide. So if they say no, then there could be a few more spots coming. I know one person who declined a spot yesterday, so maybe #40 will hear soon.

What number are you humming sea??

Hey crywin do you know this person... personally? I'm #40 and haven't heard anything yet, so I just wanted to know if someone really did decline a spot a few days back. Thanks!

Hey crywin do you know this person... personally? I'm #40 and haven't heard anything yet, so I just wanted to know if someone really did decline a spot a few days back. Thanks!

I do know this person personally. Sorry if I got your adrenaline pumping LOL. He did decline a spot, I'm not quite sure how long it will take them to react to that, or what they do with that spot now. I'm assuming it will be coming to you next, I could be wrong though. Maybe it'll take a few days...

but good luck!!

I do know this person personally. Sorry if I got your adrenaline pumping LOL. He did decline a spot, I'm not quite sure how long it will take them to react to that, or what they do with that spot now. I'm assuming it will be coming to you next, I could be wrong though. Maybe it'll take a few days...

but good luck!!

Hmm... I just got off the phone with someone in admissions and they said that nobody they know of has declined a spot in the last week. Was your friend on the WA state waitlist? Or maybe they were just joking about giving up a spot? I'm royally confused right now... :confused::confused::confused:

Hmm... I just got off the phone with someone in admissions and they said that nobody they know of has declined a spot in the last week. Was your friend on the WA state waitlist? Or maybe they were just joking about giving up a spot? I'm royally confused right now... :confused::confused::confused:

Hmmm. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get your hopes up! I'm pretty sure he declined a spot. but there is a chance he could have been on a different waitlist than you. Not sure. sorry.

but good luck!!!

Hmmm. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get your hopes up! I'm pretty sure he declined a spot. but there is a chance he could have been on a different waitlist than you. Not sure. sorry.

but good luck!!!

Oh well that's okay. I guess your friend must not be in Washington state then, which would make sense that they would have been on another WAMI waitlist.

And the wait goes on...

Yup. Hard to believe they moved 39 people off the list by 5/26 and not one since then... oh well, better luck next year. :lame:
I wouldn't give up just yet, last year two people got in after June 1st so you never know what could happen.

I'm still reapplying which is a bummer because they got so close, but keep in mind that UW says being on the waitlist means you went far in the application process and have a good chance of getting in upon reapplication.

I finally got a hold of admissions after several tries, they are still at #39. They said that movement can still happen up to the beginning of orientation...and the wait goes on.

I wonder how many people for the next few waitlist spots are actually still holding their waitlist spot. Since I'm #50 I'm hoping it would take less than 10 people withdrawing before I could get a spot.

I wonder how many people for the next few waitlist spots are actually still holding their waitlist spot. Since I'm #50 I'm hoping it would take less than 10 people withdrawing before I could get a spot.

I'll give up my #40 spot right now! For $10,000. LOL

Seriously though man, nobody feels your pain like I do... +pity+

Are there any Idahoans out there that are accepted at Washington who are waiting to hear from another school they would rather attend???

bump-- any news?

I talked on the phone to Jenny in admissions on Monday. She said that since they haven't had movement in quite a while (since May 26th) it is not likely that there will be any more movement to come. I pressed her for a bit about previous years in which there was still movement in June, July and even August; she said that it does happen pretty much every year (like one or two people tops), but it would take something pretty big for someone to give up a spot so late in the game.

So basically don't count on making it in this year if your number is higher than 40. I'm sitting at number 40 and already started to reapply, which makes me want to gouge my eyes out.... :bang:

I also forgot to mention that the wait can officially go on until orientation starts in August.
For WA residents:
Spokane: Orientation August 9-11; Class begins August 13, 2010
WSU-Pullman/UI-Idaho: Orientation August 12-14; Class begins August 16, 2010
Seattle: Orientation August 31-September 3; Class begins September 7, 2010

:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Number 40 has been accepted as of 12:34 P.M. today!! Miracles DO happen kids, always remember that!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations! That is such awesome news. So are you still accepting $10,000 for your spot?

Congratulations! That is such awesome news. So are you still accepting $10,000 for your spot?

Don't you know I am a MS1 now and have to act professional? Sadly that means leaving my old shady habits and tactics in the past. How would Dean Teitz feel if she found out I was taking bribes??

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gosh, I sure feel like I'm coming late to this party. They're going to be doing interviews until Spring '11, aren't they?

Gosh, I sure feel like I'm coming late to this party. They're going to be doing interviews until Spring '11, aren't they?

I think you are looking for the 2010-2011 UW application thread this is the 2009-2010 so its just about wrapped up for this thread. Don't panic!!! Just search for the other thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.