2008-2009 University of Maryland Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I heard this too. Also on your profile it says that Drexel said the class was full. Really? When?

In August. haha. It was their nice way of telling me I was rejected.

Members don't see this ad.

Top half of the waitlist, from OOS. Best I could hope for.

I am happy to let you all know that there was waitlist movement today!! Dr. Foxwell called me at 3:41PM to tell me that I was accepted! Good luck to all of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
sweet! I got the upper half letter yesterday... I should probably return my big Yes-I'd-love-to-stay-on-the-wlist page ASAP...

Just for clarification, Maryland didnt ask any of us WL'ed people to go ahead and fill out financial info before we're taken off the list, right? It looks like Maryland requires us to go through a UM-specific financial aid website to complete all that stuff...

sweet! I got the upper half letter yesterday... I should probably return my big Yes-I'd-love-to-stay-on-the-wlist page ASAP...

Just for clarification, Maryland didnt ask any of us WL'ed people to go ahead and fill out financial info before we're taken off the list, right? It looks like Maryland requires us to go through a UM-specific financial aid website to complete all that stuff...

I filled out my FAFSA stuff sometime in late March or early April for UMB despite being on that EVIL hold list.

I filled out my FAFSA stuff sometime in late March or early April for UMB despite being on that EVIL hold list.

haha yeah, did the fafsa for maryland. wasnt sure if we were supposed to do anything additional like many other schools asked me to... (so that in the off chance that they take me off the WL and give me little time to make my decision, then i'd have all the financial package info in front of me soon)

You're a Pasadena boy? I'm from the east end of Mountain Rd. How about you?

You're a Pasadena boy? I'm from the east end of Mountain Rd. How about you?

East Pasadena? Uh oh that sounds like CHS territory to me. I live near McDoogals now, but I went to NHS (I lived in neighborhoods off of Duvall Hwy. until I was 20). Will you be attending UMB as well? Pasadena is not that big... perhaps we know each other in "real life" lol.

Just got a letter!! I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
East Pasadena? Uh oh that sounds like CHS territory to me. I live near McDoogals now, but I went to NHS (I lived in neighborhoods off of Duvall Hwy. until I was 20). Will you be attending UMB as well? Pasadena is not that big... perhaps we know each other in "real life" lol.

And if we don't know each other, we know someone who knows us mutually. I'm CHS '03.

I'm on the upper half of the waitlist at Maryland, but I'm excited to see that there's movement already.

Toss me in there with the accepted yesterday crowd. I'm PUMPED!!!

Just got a letter!! I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you got the upper half waitlist letter last week, and an accepted letter this week? That was quick. Congrats!!!!

Congrats to you guys who've gotten of the WL! Had you guys sent in your I-want-to-hold-my-spot-on-the-wl forms already?

I didn't have the chance to even send mine in yet, my acceptance letter was dated 4 days after the waitlist letter...I was admittedly a little lazy with the "hold my spot" form.

I didn't have the chance to even send mine in yet, my acceptance letter was dated 4 days after the waitlist letter...I was admittedly a little lazy with the "hold my spot" form.

Thanks

Congrats to you guys who've gotten of the WL! Had you guys sent in your I-want-to-hold-my-spot-on-the-wl forms already?

I sent mine in on Saturday, but when Dr. Foxwell called he asked me if I was still interested so i assume they had not received it at that point.

Dr. Foxwell also knew where else I was accepted which still freaks me out. I don't know how they have access to that stuff!!

I went to the school today and withdrew, and not because I wanted to
*sigh* :(

Schools received access to this information after May 15th.

Actually I want to say that schools can see your acceptances before that. When G-Town called me in early May, they knew that I was also holding an acceptance at UMD. Maybe they can see them after May 1st? Not sure though.

Schools received access to this information after May 15th.

I thought it was sometime in March...maybe? Eventually they'll know everything anyway I guess :p

Sorry to hear that aRnonymous :(

seems pretty quiet these days. any news?

does anyone know when the "june update" letter for those of us on the waitlist is supposed to come out? anyone have any idea what information this letter will contain?

does anyone know when the "june update" letter for those of us on the waitlist is supposed to come out? anyone have any idea what information this letter will contain?

Looks like, from the 2007-2008 thread, it was sent out right about this time last year, and it said how many people had been pulled from the WL, and about how many more they expected (3-4.) I'm not expecting they take much more then that between now and August this year either ... :luck:

Looks like, from the 2007-2008 thread, it was sent out right about this time last year, and it said how many people had been pulled from the WL, and about how many more they expected (3-4.) I'm not expecting they take much more then that between now and August this year either ... :luck:

anyone have any idea if they'll let us know if we're anywhere near the top, say, 10 of the waitlist (since all we know thus far is if we're in the top 70 or so)?

anyone have any idea if they'll let us know if we're anywhere near the top, say, 10 of the waitlist (since all we know thus far is if we're in the top 70 or so)?

I seriously doubt that ...

"Is there anyway I can know my position on the Waiting List more precisely than upper or lower half?
We have found in the past that being more precise has created problems for both the medical school and the applicant."

http://medschool.umaryland.edu/admissions/faq.asp#32

20 people taken off the WL - 3 posted on SDN. I guess about 15% of applicants are represented on SDN then ... for what that's worth.

Did anyone every get anything more specific than top or bottom half?
I'm top half...but thats still anywhere between 1 and like 60 or 70 people.
I HATE WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone every get anything more specific than top or bottom half?
I'm top half...but thats still anywhere between 1 and like 60 or 70 people.
I HATE WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Dean Foxwell said the WL shrank to 130, and then 20 offers were made, so that means the top half could be more like 45 people by now ... still, somewhere between 0 and 6 more offers out of 45, doesnt look like great odds ...

I JUST GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE NEED ROOMATES?

i have a good friend who does real estate in the area, but i want to live with other med students, so if anyone is looking for a place or a roomate please let me know!!!!
[email protected]:soexcited:

I JUST GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE NEED ROOMATES?

i have a good friend who does real estate in the area, but i want to live with other med students, so if anyone is looking for a place or a roomate please let me know!!!!
[email protected]:soexcited:

Hit up the Facebook group and the "Roommate Requests" on the Housing page.

Congrats! See you in a few weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.