2008-2009 UCLA Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you haven't had a status change, then you're not on the waitlist, ergo you cannot receive a "waitlist acceptance". You can't apply the same time line.

Members don't see this ad.

if you haven't had a status change, then you're not on the waitlist, ergo you cannot receive a "waitlist acceptance". You can't apply the same time line.

Maybe StarTrekJJ is wondering if UCLA will start accepting people off the waitlist before sending out initial decisions to those of us who haven't yet received them. I am kind of curious about this myself.

Come to think of it, last year waitlist movement begain on May 15th but someone got the initial decision (an acceptance) on May 27th so it's entirely possible that people who haven't yet gotten the initial decision may hear back after waitlist movement commences. Either way, good luck to all for whom UCLA is top choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish it would do so more efficiently so the competition decreased a bit.

PROTIP: Always vote against UCLA in X school vs. Y school polls on SDN.

Hey guys...still waiting for my initial decision along with the other couple people.

I spoke with someone in admissions and they said that I should expect to hear "in the beginning of June." Im guessing that this applies to everyone that hasnt received an initial decision. I guess that basically means that we are on some sort of pseudo-waitlist since we will be hearing back same time as the waitlisters.

oh thats good to know! better than a rejection... and at least we're still being considered?

I was just accepted off the waitlist. I got my letter in the mail today (my parents live in LA).

If anybody cares I interviewed sometime mid november, was waitlisted sometime in february, sent a letter of update/intent two weeks ago, and I was accepted today 5/30/09.

Ah.. today is a good day. Good luck everybody.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just accepted off the waitlist. I got my letter in the mail today (my parents live in LA).

If anybody cares I interviewed sometime mid november, was waitlisted sometime in february, sent a letter of update/intent two weeks ago, and I was accepted today 5/30/09.

congrats, did your letter sent date change on your status page?

congrats! Is it UCLA all the way?

congrats! Is it UCLA all the way?

I will have trouble choosing between UCLA and UCSD. There is so much awesomeness about UCSD that I loved over UCLA, but it's tough to pass up the whole P/F curriculum and being close to home. I also got the $5000 "scholarship" that everybody else got.

As for my letter status online, it changed to the date that my acceptance letter was sent. Previously it was the date that my waitlist letter was sent.

Congratulations!

I received my letter today as well! ACCEPTED from the waitlist!!!

I'm going to get to stay in California and go to a really amazing school!

The letters are slowly making their way across the nation (I'm in Orange County), so I'm sure a lot of you will be receiving good news as well! Good LUCK!!!

I received my letter today as well! ACCEPTED from the waitlist!!!

I'm going to get to stay in California and go to a really amazing school!

The letters are slowly making their way across the nation (I'm in Orange County), so I'm sure a lot of you will be receiving good news as well! Good LUCK!!!

Congratulations! Did your online status change?

So, waitlist ppl are already finding out? And Im still waiting to get an initial decision. Damn, that dont sound good for me....

okay so.... i checked my online status... and it's been updated. it says "letter sent 5/26/2009" and also says "accepted student checklist: requested." I didn't get the letter yet, but does that mean I am accepted?!! can someone who's been accepted verify this for me, please? i want to find out sooo badly!

okay so.... i checked my online status... and it's been updated. it says "letter sent 5/26/2009" and also says "accepted student checklist: requested." I didn't get the letter yet, but does that mean I am accepted?!! can someone who's been accepted verify this for me, please? i want to find out sooo badly!

o_O me too!!!

are rejections being sent out to waitlist people yet? or does that not happen until the end?

im all of a sudden very nauseated lol

So, waitlist ppl are already finding out? And Im still waiting to get an initial decision.

I'm in the same boat. I interviewed over three months ago and still haven't heard anything. Not even a status change online yet. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. :)

Congrats to those of you who've been accepted off the waitlist! :D

You're in. Congrats!

well the Accepted Students Checklist is for ACCEPTED students.....congrats!!!

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten in off the wl!! What did you guys do in terms of update/intent letters?

I will have trouble choosing between UCLA and UCSD. There is so much awesomeness about UCSD that I loved over UCLA, but it's tough to pass up the whole P/F curriculum and being close to home. I also got the $5000 "scholarship" that everybody else got.

As for my letter status online, it changed to the date that my acceptance letter was sent. Previously it was the date that my waitlist letter was sent.

I say choose UCSD! :)

thanks for all the congrats!!! i actually got official confirmation today by walking over to the admissions office. it just doesn't seem real until you have the letter in your hands... even if it did seem obvious =) there is only going to be more waitlist movement this month, so good luck to all of those still waiting! :luck:

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten in off the wl!! What did you guys do in terms of update/intent letters?

I was notified of my waitlist in February (interviewed in November). I sent 1 update/intent letter in early March and that was it.

thanks for all the congrats!!! i actually got official confirmation today by walking over to the admissions office. it just doesn't seem real until you have the letter in your hands... even if it did seem obvious =) there is only going to be more waitlist movement this month, so good luck to all of those still waiting! :luck:

I was notified of my waitlist in February (interviewed in November). I sent 1 update/intent letter in early March and that was it.

Did you find out anything else? Such as how many had their letters sent last week and how many more they are planning on accepting?

HOLY ****TTTT!!!!! My status changed today and now it has the accepted students checklist. OH MY GOD. Maybe once I start running my gel I will walk over to CHS and ask just like a poster above me did.

Wow now I have to decide between UCSD and UCLA. What a decision to make...I feel good nevertheless.

Looks like good things come to those who wait.

wow I got the email today. I feel.... sick lol. How long do we have to decide? I have the same decision as so many ppl... UCLA vs UCSD.

Dulcina.. I think you should make the UCSD vs UCLA thread because I have that exact same decision to make.

Finally, now that I am an accepted student at UCLA (and therefore cannot be accused of envy/jealousy), I want to say to MJ is KING, If I end up at UCLA I hope I never figure out who you are because judging by the way you carry and present yourself on this forum, you seem like the lowest rung on the human ladder. Ah.. that felt good too.

congrats everyone!

*sighs* now i am going to check my status obsessively....

HOLY ****TTTT!!!!! My status changed today and now it has the accepted students checklist. OH MY GOD. Maybe once I start running my gel I will walk over to CHS and ask just like a poster above me did.

Wow now I have to decide between UCSD and UCLA. What a decision to make...I feel good nevertheless.

Dulcina.. I think you should make the UCSD vs UCLA thread because I have that exact same decision to make.

Finally, now that I am an accepted student at UCLA (and therefore cannot be accused of envy/jealousy), I want to say to MJ is KING, If I end up at UCLA I hope I never figure out who you are because judging by the way you carry and present yourself on this forum, you seem like the lowest rung on the human ladder. Ah.. that felt good too.

Forget your tiff, you'll probably be best friends in real life. Excited to meet all you new people! Congrats

Mochi...I have been checking all day! :( I was on an iphone and thought my status changed from 5/8/09 to 5/28/09. Then when I zoomed in, it was a real downer...

How does this waitlist movement work? 5 days a week, consistently throughout the day? Or more in batches...

Haven't posted in a while but this caught my attention. I read through the post history and actually MJ has a very valid point and you have proved NOTHING until you choose sd over LA. I'm quite sure you will end up choosing UCLA, which will only make MJ that much more correct.

Btw, MJ is a friend of mine and I'm quite sure hes going to Stanford.

I read through the post history and actually MJ has a very valid point and you have proved NOTHING until you choose sd over LA. I'm quite sure you will end up choosing UCLA, which will only make MJ that much more correct.

Remind me what I am proving again? Regardless of that tiff we have, the way he posts and showboats all over this board is pretty ridiculous.

Btw, MJ is a friend of mine

This invalidates your entire post. No wonder you are posting in his defense.

and I'm quite sure hes going to Stanford.

Better than the first line of my acceptance letter. This made my day.

Forget your tiff, you'll probably be best friends in real life. Excited to meet all you new people! Congrats

Good point. Perhaps it could be a real life kirk/spock story (that new star trek movie was awesome).

Haven't posted in a while but this caught my attention. I read through the post history and actually MJ has a very valid point and you have proved NOTHING until you choose sd over LA. I'm quite sure you will end up choosing UCLA, which will only make MJ that much more correct.

Btw, MJ is a friend of mine and I'm quite sure hes going to Stanford.

This is silly. Don't worry about it at all drywax. Congrats again!

Last edited:
Remind me what I am proving again? Regardless of that tiff we have, the way he posts and showboats all over this board is pretty ridiculous.

This invalidates your entire post. No wonder you are posting in his defense.

Better than the first line of my acceptance letter. This made my day.

Geez dude.. after that post I can imagine MJ saying the same about meeting you next year too. Best to listen to veasel and just drop it all. No point in starting this journey with a negative weight on your shoulders. Good luck to both of you next year.

edit: veasel what's your status? are you waitlisted/hold/accepted?

Congrats to everybody off WL. Glad im not in the position to have to pick between sd and la, but in all honesty I think I would still go with sd. There was a thread about it a while back, try searching for it (it was on the main pre-allo forum).

Edit-Found it: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=604285&highlight=ucsd+vs+ucla

I know many people who go/went to ucsd. Not one of them got into ucla and turned it down. I'm sure it exists, but I would venture to say that 85%+ of people who get into both end up at UCLA. There are some people like drywax who feign a strong interest in UCSD while at the same time sending UCLA a Letter of Intent, but in the end will choose UCLA.

So, they are both great schools and at the end of the day everyone will kick-ass in med school no matter where you are. It comes down to deciding where you want to be. La Jolla or Westwood?? The thing I like more about UCLA is that you have easy access to coffee shops, restaurants, stores, etc so that when we actually have time to do something other than study or need a break from studying we have something to do. In La Jolla you have the nice and quiet environment but not as much easy access to entertainment. What works better for you??

I don't have to make this decision quite yet, but good luck to all of you! You will all do great!

I know many people who go/went to ucsd. Not one of them got into ucla and turned it down. I'm sure it exists, but I would venture to say that 85%+ of people who get into both end up at UCLA. There are some people like drywax who feign a strong interest in UCSD while at the same time sending UCLA a Letter of Intent, but in the end will choose UCLA.

This may be true, but why must we keep mentioning it? It just reflects poorly on us. Let it die

I like how this doesnt strike you as an arrogant comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.