2008-2009 Loma Linda Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what is an LOI?

Members don't see this ad.

what is an LOI?

Letter Of Interest/Intent. Basically a letter telling the school how much you would really like to attend ("You are my top priority school." or "You are the only school I applied to."). And perhaps updating them on your activities that might help them make a decision such as recent research or mission trips.

looks like a batch of acceptances came out on friday!
i also interviewed 1/8 but no phone call :(
does that mean i got waitlisted or rejected? oyyy :(

how does llu notify people of the status update? letter? i don't think they use the website much huh?

Members don't see this ad :)
looks like a batch of acceptances came out on friday!
i also interviewed 1/8 but no phone call :(
does that mean i got waitlisted or rejected? oyyy :(

how does llu notify people of the status update? letter? i don't think they use the website much huh?

I got the acceptance call last Friday but the status page on the website didn't change for me. I think the website just serves to show that they've got all the required documents for your file.

Waitlist and rejections often come by snail mail. There are times applicants are able to call the admissions office and ask what is their status.

As Cyanide said, the web page is only used for document status and doesn't change even after you've been accepted.

Just got off the phone with Dr. Nyirady and it's official: I'm gonna be a doctor!!!

Loma Linda class of 2013!

Congrats strongboy! Will see you in August!

The recent registered count is close to 80, so with the new acceptances on Friday, I'd say we're at 100 now...

Good luck to those interviewing today!!!

Just out of curiosity, what Universities are you accepted people coming from?

Hey everyone. I'm SDA but I don't go to an SDA school, and I was wondering if I would be at a disadvantage if I don't have a letter of rec from a pastor.

Hello!

I am very excited about getting interview at LLU. I will be interviewing first week of march. Anyone else here interviewing around that time? Also, I am flying in to ontario airport, and am hoping to stay with a student. Could anyone tell me what is the easiest way of transport from airport to the campus? Has anyone used the super shuttle?

Please help!

Hey everyone. I'm SDA but I don't go to an SDA school, and I was wondering if I would be at a disadvantage if I don't have a letter of rec from a pastor.

I don't think that it's a disadvantage. I'm non-SDA (Christian) and didn't have a LOR from my priest, but I was interviewed and accepted anyway. In some way, you're better off than me because you're SDA.

i had a question, i am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, if its not please move it where it needs to go. well i also applied to LLU, and have not heard anything yet. i graduated with an MPH Epidemiology from LLU, i am also a Respiratory care practitioner by profession and also graduated from llu in allied health. so i have 2 degrees from LLU, plus i did my ungrad at one of the SDA schools. however my MCAT score is a bit low. My gpa is 3.65
do u think i will get an interview there. please reply

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
Does anyone know if all accepted individuals get a personal call from LLU informing them of the good news? OR do some accepted students find out through mail only? I interviewed back on 1/8. Seems like a number of you got a call last Friday. Congrats. Did anyone find out through mail only this week?

Thanks.

Hello,
Does anyone know if all accepted individuals get a personal call from LLU informing them of the good news? OR do some accepted students find out through mail only? I interviewed back on 1/8. Seems like a number of you got a call last Friday. Congrats. Did anyone find out through mail only this week?

Thanks.
Well, I got my letter today in the mail and I also interviewed on 1/8. Maybe they are still sitting on your application and will decide next month.

do you live far away Strongboy2005??

...nm

did anyone get any rejection letters this week?? I know it's not something you might be willing to share but I wonder if LLU sends out a batch of rejections at the same time as they make acceptance calls...just wondering...

Hi, does anyone know how often the committe meets? I just interviewed there recently, and I was wondering how soon I can hear from them. Thanks!

I believe that they just meet once a month for the early part of the interview season (usually around the middle of the month).

I am anxiously awaiting my decision from LLU too. According to the MSAR it looks like they don't interview that many people, so an interview is a good sign!

Does anyone know approximately how long loma linda takes to make decisions? I interviewed 2/3 and it's been over a month since I interviewed--getting majorly antsy about the status of my application!

well if my guess is right and by looking at the other dates when the phone calls went out...this friday maybe? anyone else know?

Does anyone know approximately how long loma linda takes to make decisions? I interviewed 2/3 and it's been over a month since I interviewed--getting majorly antsy about the status of my application!

I think it really depends though. I also interviewed on 2/3 but I got accepted 10 days later. For some other people on this thread, it took 3-4 weeks even.

hey guys,

congrats to everyone who got in! I was wondering how long it took the adcom to make a decision. I interviewed on 2/24 and i thought it went pretty well. From what I've read, it seems like most people got their response on 2/13 so i assumed it would be around 3/13 for me, anyone got any ideas? maybe on 3/19? or has anyone who interviewed close to my time received any calls? thanks!

hey guys,

congrats to everyone who got in! I was wondering how long it took the adcom to make a decision. I interviewed on 2/24 and i thought it went pretty well. From what I've read, it seems like most people got their response on 2/13 so i assumed it would be around 3/13 for me, anyone got any ideas? maybe on 3/19? or has anyone who interviewed close to my time received any calls? thanks!

I interviewed the same day as you and I am assuming the same from other people's response. I'm about to go crazy from waiting for my phone to ring all day today and checking my email compulsively. :scared:

does anyone know when they are gonna call?!?!? jfdakfjpeajfd ahhhhhh

hahaha well at least we're all in the same boat. goodluck everyone!

-

Last edited:
Next friday will be 6+ weeks since my interview...I hope this doesn't mean bad things :(

i interviewed 9 weeks ago and still no word. merr.......

i thought my interview went really well too. My interviewer said it would be a blessing for Loma Linda to have me as a student there.

But still no word :(

Im waiting on Loma Linda's phonecall like a hormore-ridden teenager waiting for the boy she met to call. Merrrrr.......

The admissions committee met today. Some of you should be getting calls soon.

Seems like the calls used to come between 10am to ~1pm ish if I recall (PST). Good luck people!

OMG! The wait is killing me!

did anyone hear anything yet? its 1 o clock ahhhhh fdajjdafjeaokpdf

No... not yet. I am waiting also. Spring Break starts at LLU today... maybe they are not going to call this week?

Not a peep here either. Sometimes I think SDN raises my blood pressure, if I didn't know calls MIGHT go out today I wouldn't be staring at my phone like a nut right now.

Does anyone know if they usually wait to make decisions on non-SDA applicants until they are through with accepting SDA students? Just wondering if that could be the reason some haven't heard for several weeks. I interviewed 2/3 and haven't heard anything. First interviewer said I'd be a great fit for LLU and the second said "I hope you'll keep us on the top of your list." Both interviews went really well and sounded really promising so I have been staring at my phone every Friday as well.:confused:

my interviewers sort of said the same things. i'm SDA... and still waiting :)

haha it seems like everyone had good interviews.

I got the call!!!! Dr. Nyirady called me this morning around noon PST with the good news! Loma Linda was my only interview this cycle (I applied super late...sigh) but I got the acceptance!

Good luck to the rest of you guys!

-

Last edited:
did anyone who interviewed in march here anything yet?

anyone in feb too? I interviewed on the 24th so maybe im considered march. who knows. nothing yet tho

Does anyone know if they usually wait to make decisions on non-SDA applicants until they are through with accepting SDA students? Just wondering if that could be the reason some haven't heard for several weeks. I interviewed 2/3 and haven't heard anything. First interviewer said I'd be a great fit for LLU and the second said "I hope you'll keep us on the top of your list." Both interviews went really well and sounded really promising so I have been staring at my phone every Friday as well.:confused:

I don't think they wait to make decisions on non-SDA applicants until they are through with the SDA students. The reason is because I'm non-SDA and interviewed on the same day you did (2/3) but I got accepted with last month's batch (2/13 decisions).

anyone know when the next time the adcom meets?

I have had my interview on 2/6 and so far I didn't get Neradi's phone call. Do you think that phone calls will be out this week although it's spring break? I am a bit anxious to know though.

I got the call!!!! Dr. Nyirady called me this morning around noon PST with the good news! Loma Linda was my only interview this cycle (I applied super late...sigh) but I got the acceptance!

Good luck to the rest of you guys!

Congrats imacanadian! when did you interview?

I would expect the next adcom meeting to be around the 17th of next month. Also, remember that many people have "got in" despite not getting "the call" in the first wave of calls that followed their interview date.

Status
Not open for further replies.