2008-2009 Albert Einstein Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
after i received the favorably reviewed email last week, i got really paranoid and started digging around last year's threads for more info. there wasn't much but i found this thread the most useful:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=499411&highlight=AECOM+highly+favorable+waitlist

it seems that they do go through the favorably reviewed before starting waitlist movement. the vibe i keep getting though is that your chances improve if you tell them that you're really really interested.

i've been keeping up with this thread pretty closely since i interviewed and i'm rooting for you dynezxice, sushi, and everyone else who is still waiting. i hope good news comes to you guys soon!

So does that mean that I've you haven't gotten a decision yet, or one of those favorably reviewed e-mails, then your initial decision will either be a waitlist or a rejections?
It seems so, because didn't someone say they just got off the waitlist? I haven't even gotten an initial decision!

Members don't see this ad.

So does that mean that I've you haven't gotten a decision yet, or one of those favorably reviewed e-mails, then your initial decision will either be a waitlist or a rejections?
It seems so, because didn't someone say they just got off the waitlist? I haven't even gotten an initial decision!

Actually, no one has gotten off the waitlist since May 15. In fact, I stated previously that waitlist movement doesn't start till the first week of June. People who are accepted right now are from the highly-favorable list, not the normal waitlist. Have faith. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
after i received the favorably reviewed email last week, i got really paranoid and started digging around last year's threads for more info. there wasn't much but i found this thread the most useful:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=499411&highlight=AECOM+highly+favorable+waitlist

it seems that they do go through the favorably reviewed before starting waitlist movement. the vibe i keep getting though is that your chances improve if you tell them that you're really really interested.

i've been keeping up with this thread pretty closely since i interviewed and i'm rooting for you dynezxice, sushi, and everyone else who is still waiting. i hope good news comes to you guys soon!

thanks, it's always nice to have your personal cheerleader. :laugh:

Actually, no one has gotten off the waitlist since May 15. In fact, I stated previously that waitlist movement doesn't start till the first week of June. People who are accepted right now are from the highly-favorable list, not the normal waitlist. Have faith. :thumbup:

I know, but it's getting more and more difficult to have faith. If the first week of June is when waitlist movement is going to begin, that is still before the date by which I should be getting my initial decision, because I think it's supposed to take at least 7-8 weeks

i hope all of us get in and are class mates! that would be awesome...

edit- thanks for all the info so far and the clarification. much appreciate. time to be patient.

:luck: :luck: To us all. I will withdraw my current acceptance to attend Einstein. I hope I made that sincere enough in my LOI :D

:luck: :luck: To us all. I will withdraw my acceptances to attend Einstein. I hope I made that sincere enough in my LOI :D

i sent in two LOIs within a span of two/three weeks to Dean Kerrigan (one after my interview and another right after i received the email) and explicitly asked her to reply acknowledging that she got them. i attribute the fast turnaround from time of my interview to my acceptance (if this had dragged on, i would have written a third one with my tuition enclosed). it helps to be persistent, so i would recommend sending another LOI. best of luck to you sushi!

:luck:
I sent a letter of interest in January.
I then sent a letter of intent in April.
I am probably going to send another letter of intent/update this week. I am afriad I'm running out of things to write. My letters have always been 1.5 to 2pages single spaced, expressing my strong interest and fit for Einstein.
:luck:

Last edited:
lol, I've already ran out of things to update them on. Now i'm just sending "hey how it going I'm still interested in the school" emails. I wonder at what point will that start to make me look desperate?

i hope all of us get in and are class mates! that would be awesome...

edit- thanks for all the info so far and the clarification. much appreciate. time to be patient.

:thumbup:

no prob. I hope so too. :luck::xf::luck:

To all of you waiting for AE, I withdrew my acceptance on May 10th, so one more spot is available for someone. Good luck to you all, I'm on a few waitlists myself, and it's pretty lame.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dood, Einstein is brutal. Sorry to hear about your rejection, it's not like their waitlist is any good, heh (insert: big sigh).

Dood, Einstein is brutal. Sorry to hear about your rejection, it's not like their waitlist is any good, heh (insert: big sigh).

yeah... letter of interest in january, letter of intent after my interview in april, revisited the campus in early may, sent an update/status e-mail last week, and then rejection.

again, good luck! WL is better than R.

Sorry to hear that, disorder. I know how it feels to wait, wait, wait and BAM! - the infamous single sheet letter from snail mail. Actually, HPL is better than the WL...at least you get more guarantee. haha

Disorder you got some great acceptances. You'll be a great physician irrespective where you go and this speaks true for many people. Optimism.

At first I was excited to hear all those acceptances handed out recently because they, as I have, received the "favorable" email. But... I haven't heard anything back.. now Im worried.

ANyone else who received that email not heard back?

me! I think we're in the same boat CeeLos. I've read in the last year's HPL thread that some people were still waiting in August... then the thread died. Not sure if the people who were on the HPL got in or not. I'll post the link when i find it again.

here's the thread - http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=499411

lol, i just noticed that it was already posted on the top of this page. my bad.

Last edited:
At first I was excited to hear all those acceptances handed out recently because they, as I have, received the "favorable" email. But... I haven't heard anything back.. now Im worried.

ANyone else who received that email not heard back?

according to last year's thread (and i think one from two years ago), everyone who has gotten that highly favorably reviewed email has gotten in... really just depends on when. the acceptances also seem to come in batches, with one group accepted around 5/15 and another around 6/20 or so (again from last year)

you guys keep your chin up!!!!

is the bronx safe? just read this article about a terror ring in the bronx.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...alleged_plot_to_car_bomb_bronx_synagogue.html

seriously? they caught some idiot wannabe terrorist/criminals in a sting by selling them fake weapons...

i'm not seeing the danger here...i'm sure you'll find worst stories all over the news all over this country. in this case the cops actually took potentially dangerous poeple off the streets before they did anything real, sounds like they're being more proactive if anything...

Last edited:
i got my waitlist letter in the mail today... almost 5 weeks after my interview date (pretty quick turnaround)

i didn't get that "favorable" email, though. i really loved AECOM...is there anything more i can do to help myself get in off the waitlist? it's so discouraging to read "our experience has been that a small number of applicants have been successful in being accepted from this category."

At this point in the app cycle, if AECOM is your top choice, I would certainly let them know by sending them a LOIntent and hoping for the best. There's not much else you can do at this point. The ball's in their court now. If they want you, they'll know where to contact you. G' :luck:

i got my waitlist letter in the mail today... almost 5 weeks after my interview date (pretty quick turnaround)

i didn't get that "favorable" email, though. i really loved AECOM...is there anything more i can do to help myself get in off the waitlist? it's so discouraging to read "our experience has been that a small number of applicants have been successful in being accepted from this category."

lol seriously though, what do you guys like about aecom

so do you guys think that those of us on the regular waitlist have a shot?

lol seriously though, what do you guys like about aecom

In the beginning of the process, I wasn't all that excited about AECOM... in fact, my secondary got lost in my inbox and I didn't discover it again until December :slap:During my late interview though, two or three things totally blew my mind completely.

The very first thing is that the students are chill and they all seemed extremely happy with the school. I mean, not just the tour guides, but everyone I talked to. They emphasized that the school went out of their way to take care of them, from the school gym to sending out reminders of upcoming deadlines or events... all the students did was focus on their studies (and Manhattan on the weekends :D). There are also numerous opportunities for shadowing and all that... and all it takes is really one email for you to be set up with someone. The student housing is also some of the cheapest quality apartments I have seen too.

The second thing that I loved as that the doctors that I talked to mentioned that the clinical training in the Bronx, especially at Jacobi, was second to none. With the huge variety of cases that come in, you'll seriously be prepared for anything and everything.

Although a lot of people have worries about the Bronx, I personally loved it. Coming from Cali, the old school NY feel is a nice change. In addition, the beach and Manhattan are close by too.

Lastly, the name is totally pimp. C'mon, you gotta rep one of the most brilliant minds in history... holla! :cool:

The second thing that I loved as that the doctors that I talked to mentioned that the clinical training in the Bronx, especially at Jacobi, was second to none. With the huge variety of cases that come in, you'll seriously be prepared for anything and everything.

Just a thought - not to rain on your parade, but I don't think anyone can accurately say where clinical training is 2nd to none. SUNY Downstate has a comparative clinical exposure at Kings County Hospital, if not better, whereas Columbia has one at NYP Hospital.

Just a thought - not to rain on your parade, but I don't think anyone can accurately say where clinical training is 2nd to none. SUNY Downstate has a comparative clinical exposure at Kings County Hospital, if not better, whereas Columbia has one at NYP Hospital.

i still lurk, but i think downstate will offer some killer clinical experiences.

but, that's where i'll be next year. :thumbup:

I guess the "favorable" email is a good indicator... I recieved an acceptance email today :). Now I have to decide b/w temple, NYMC, and Aecom.. I'm pretty sure Aecom is the one I'm choosing... Im very excited now!!

good luck to everyone.:luck:

Me too! I got the acceptance email on last thursday. See you guys there!

Congrats Ceelos and Boundtofail! Here's a recap of what's going on so far for those who just joined us (and because I have nothing else better to do):

On this thread, a total of 5 people received the favorable reviewed email aka high priority list (HPL) and then email-acceptances seem to come in batches, once on 5/18 and another on 5/28.

boundtofail – I: 1/21, HPL: 5/2??, A: 5/28, attending
corduroy11 - I: 2/15, HPL: 5/2??, A: 5/18
ceelos – I: 3/6, HPL: 3/15, A: 5/28, attending
not2smarto – I: 4/24, HPL: 5/12, A: 5/18
rice09 – I: 4/27, HPL: 5/12, A: 5/18, attending

Feel free to update the list, but it seems to me the waitlist has not even budged.

I have had no response since my interview in April...anyone with me here? :confused: I'd suspect a waitlist/rejection at this point, but it seems like others who interviewed in April have already heard back regarding these decisions, so I'm not sure what to think.

Maybe my rejection/waitlist got lost in the mail, as I'm pretty sure that acceptances would come through email...

I have had no response since my interview in April...anyone with me here? :confused: I'd suspect a waitlist/rejection at this point, but it seems like others who interviewed in April have already heard back regarding these decisions, so I'm not sure what to think.

Maybe my rejection/waitlist got lost in the mail, as I'm pretty sure that acceptances would come through email...

If I remember correctly, you interviewed a few days after me, and they did say wait 7-8 weeks for decision, so there is still time until that deadline. It seems like they send the favorably reviewed e-mails in batches, although I can't be sure. Maybe they just haven't gotten to you yet!
Stay optimistic (even though I'm getting more and more pessimistic about next year with every day that passes)

It's 6/5 already. Anyone know if the waitlist movement started yet, if there is going to be any?

I'm IN!!!! But since it's my first acceptance I'm confused about something, this part of the e-mail in particular:

Please keep in mind that the Association of American Medical Colleges has designated May 15th as the date by which ALL accepted students must decide on the school of choice and relinquish all other acceptance offers (you may continue to hold your place on wait-lists). If you decide to accept your place at Einstein, we will expect you to relinquish all other places by June 15.

This just means acceptances, right? Or does it mean waitlists as well? I know that you can only have one acceptance after May 15th, but can school set up a date like June 15th, and say that after that date you are obligated to go, especially if you order tickets to the White Coat ceremony the deadline for which is around the same time?

I'm excited! What a relief!

I'm IN!!!! But since it's my first acceptance I'm confused about something, this part of the e-mail in particular:

Please keep in mind that the Association of American Medical Colleges has designated May 15th as the date by which ALL accepted students must decide on the school of choice and relinquish all other acceptance offers (you may continue to hold your place on wait-lists). If you decide to accept your place at Einstein, we will expect you to relinquish all other places by June 15.

This just means acceptances, right? Or does it mean waitlists as well? I know that you can only have one acceptance after May 15th, but can school set up a date like June 15th, and say that after that date you are obligated to go, especially if you order tickets to the White Coat ceremony the deadline for which is around the same time?

CONGRATS!! Doesn't it feel great to get your first acceptance.. what a relief! All your hard work paid off. I will likely be your classmate at AECOM.

now, you gotta move on to fin aid stuff, housing stuff.. etc.

Congrats again

Congrats Sangria!!

Yeah, it only pertains to other acceptances and you're allowed to stay on the waitlists for other schools. I think I had two weeks to withdraw from my other acceptance (or face the risk of losing both acceptances *I think*), but I have no idea why they chose 6/15 as a deadline :p I don't think you're ever obligated to go to a school and ordering tickets to the White Coat ceremony is by no means a binding contract.

Regardless, congratulations again on your first acceptance! Now enjoy the rest of summer!!!!

Congratulations Sangria. I hope I will receive the good news, too. Anytime soon would be nice. Although I am quite happy with where I am going right now, Einstein is still my Number-Uno Choice.

Congrats Sangria!!

Yeah, it only pertains to other acceptances and you're allowed to stay on the waitlists for other schools. I think I had two weeks to withdraw from my other acceptance (or face the risk of losing both acceptances *I think*), but I have no idea why they chose 6/15 as a deadline :p I don't think you're ever obligated to go to a school and ordering tickets to the White Coat ceremony is by no means a binding contract.

Regardless, congratulations again on your first acceptance! Now enjoy the rest of summer!!!!

Thank you!
I just realized that it's probably my personal deadline

Congrats, Sangria. 1st acceptances always elicit the best feelings.

Just an update. The waitlist movement has still not started. Looking pretty grim for us non-HPLs...

Congrats, Sangria. 1st acceptances always elicit the best feelings.

Just an update. The waitlist movement has still not started. Looking pretty grim for us non-HPLs...

Do you by any chance know what the movement was like last year for Einstein (for non-HPLs)?

Status
Not open for further replies.