2007-08 Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm going to go ahead and call BS on some of these lists...hearing from a program is not the same as being invited for an interview...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to go ahead and call BS on some of these lists...hearing from a program is not the same as being invited for an interview...

:clap: I definitely agree. I've gotten emails from some of these places saying they will begin inviting in the coming weeks....but not yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
:clap: I definitely agree. I've gotten emails from some of these places saying they will begin inviting in the coming weeks....but not yet!

Which places if you don't mind me asking?

Zeke- I heard the samething from Ohio State that they won't tell us until October.

As for other interviews I heard from Penn St today.

Did the letter from Northwestern go through your ERAS mail too?

Come on this is Peds, just list the interviews you have.

Utah - 9/24 at 7:26pm EST (I promise this is real :))

So far:
UNM - 9/6
Wash U - 9/17
USF - 9/18
Utah - 9/24
Northwestern - on hold

did you call SUNY downstate? i tried and got a message that they'd be out of the office until the 1st of October. And did people send the email for St. christophers and if you did have you heard back yet?

No I was planning on calling tomorrow....

Looking back at the invites from last year, there were students invited for interviews at Northwestern before the dean's letter came out. Do you think they changed it this year?

where did you find this thread? I just spent a bunch of time looking for it (really) and couldn't seem to get anything. I did find lots of good threads about actual interviews/opinions on programs from last year though! Just curious when some of the programs I applied to might start offering interviews...though I should probably be more patient. :) My transcript isn't even on my app. yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Georgetown
Albert Einstein-Montefiore
Albert Einstein- Jacobi
Mayo
SUNY Downstate
USF
UF
Also got the Northwestern Letter

where did you find this thread? I just spent a bunch of time looking for it (really) and couldn't seem to get anything. I did find lots of good threads about actual interviews/opinions on programs from last year though! Just curious when some of the programs I applied to might start offering interviews...though I should probably be more patient. :) My transcript isn't even on my app. yet.

Here's that thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=318147&highlight

Northwestern started offering interviews as early as September 28 last year.

I cancelled Wash U and Mayo (I did undergrad at Wash U and don't want to go back) and I don't think I can handle Rochester, MN for 3 years.

I heard from OSU for Med-Peds, sorry for not writing that. good luck to all,

-erik

Long Island Jewish (9/18)
University of Kentucky (9/20)
Georgetown (9/24)
Ohio State--will hear in early to mid-October
Northwestern--"on hold"

Any word from SLU?

I've been checking these lists for a while, so I only feel it's fair to share my list as well!
-As of today:
*U of Michigan
*CHMCA (Akron, OH)
*U of Virginia
Good luck peeps! :)

Do you think this is because your transcript is in and no one else seems to have theirs in yet?

I'm not sure. I have 3/4 of my LOR turned in, my USMLE and school transcript and regular ERAS stuff. They just said in their email that they usually wait till after Dean's letters are out to schedule interviews but that they have earlier interviews for applicants whose applications have been "positively reviewed." whatever that means...

Hope it helps :)

I'm not sure. I have 3/4 of my LOR turned in, my USMLE and school transcript and regular ERAS stuff. They just said in their email that they usually wait till after Dean's letters are out to schedule interviews but that they have earlier interviews for applicants whose applications have been "positively reviewed." whatever that means...

Hope it helps :)

What would help is if we knew your stats! :laugh:
Care to offer up that info? :)

What would help is if we knew your stats! :laugh:
Care to offer up that info? :)

Stats as requested:
AOA
Step 1: 230
Step 2: Take in December
Lots of research mainly at Texas Children's, 1 pub
Involved at school, volunteer stuff, etc

Stats as requested:
AOA
Step 1: 230
Step 2: Take in December
Lots of research mainly at Texas Children's, 1 pub
Involved at school, volunteer stuff, etc

I think it has alot to do with your transcript being released. Many of ours have not been uploaded by our schools.

Oh....University of Rochester for me today :D

Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD) in NH: email sent Tues 9/25 @15:58 for 1 of 6 interview "open house" dates. I just checked ERAS and did NOT see any messages though (weird)

Hey, it's a start...glad to finally be on the plus side :rolleyes:

(Btw, all my app is complete except Dean's letter)

Interviews/Responses to date:
-Akron Childrens (CHMCA) - interview
-Loyola Chicago - interview
-OSU - response/hold
-Northwestern -response/hold
-CHOP - response/hold

this board has been helpful, thanks guys! i'll add my schools:

Cleveland Clinic, USC, Kaiser Oakland, UW

I have two more interviews to add:
Cleveland Clinic (today)
Maimonides (last week)

also, I applied to 4 more programs, the programs in Baltimore (Hopkins, Sinai, U of Maryland) and INOVA Fairfax. Now my fiance and I are thinking DC/Baltimore since he recently decided to become an officer in the Marines.

Yay! Cleveland Clinic! Maybe a Chicago school tomorrow? What is up with the programs sending invites out so late? I got this one after 6:00 pm.

Since Ive been religiously checking this site I feel compelled to put my list up to share:

MCOW
Mayo
U of Michigan
Loyola
Rush
Christ/UIC
Northwestern (hold)
Ohio State (hold)

Nice to see many are as nervous as me! ( not that it's good for any of us)
So far I have interviews at:
UT Southwestern
Baylor (my transcript is released)
UT Houston
UTMB-Galveston
And Utah

Anyone heard from University of Colorado yet or know when they have sent out emails in the past?

Anyone heard from University of Colorado yet or know when they have sent out emails in the past?

From the last two years, it appears as though Colorado begins sending out offers in early October.

Did anyone actually get in touch with someone from SUNY Downstate and set a date to interview yet? All I got was a voicemail....

I got an interview at Cincinnati Children's earlier this week.

I think at this point in the game if you are getting interview offers it is from schools that are actually reviewing your file. In the past it seemed like everyone got their invitations the same day. That probably means those schools just use some rough cutoffs and send everyone that meets them an interview. I don't think it is a bad sign if you don't get an interview the same day as other people. They can only review applications so fast. I think everyone on here has done really well so far. Most people already have enough schools for a match list. Everything else is gravy! :)

A few more to add to the list...

UVA (9/17)
UNC (9/26)
Wake Forest (9/26)
Greenville Hospital System (9/26)

Oregon (OHSU) - 9/26 :)

And...as of a few days ago, my application is complete (except for the wonderful Dean's Letter). Transcripts and all LORs are uploaded!!! Finally!

Medical College of Wisonsin 9/18
University of Iowa 9/19
University of Kentucky 9/20
Southern Illinois University 9/19
University of Illinois-Peoria 9/24
Creighton 9/25
University of Arkansas 9/25

Also has anyone else had a problem actually getting confirmation on your date for University of Kentucky. I emailed dates last week as soon as I got my invite and never heard back. I called yesterday and was sent an email again asking for dates I could interview...and still have no confirmation. It just makes it hard to schedule other interviews. Any tips on how to handle this?

Medical College of Wisonsin 9/18
University of Iowa 9/19
University of Kentucky 9/20
Southern Illinois University 9/19
University of Illinois-Peoria 9/24
Creighton 9/25
University of Arkansas 9/25

Also has anyone else had a problem actually getting confirmation on your date for University of Kentucky. I emailed dates last week as soon as I got my invite and never heard back. I called yesterday and was sent an email again asking for dates I could interview...and still have no confirmation. It just makes it hard to schedule other interviews. Any tips on how to handle this?
I emailed Univ. of Kentucky and received a reply fairly quickly. Maybe you should try calling?

i haven't heard back from SUNY yet either. and has anyone heard back from st. christopher's, i emailed and no reply.

University of Tennessee--Memphis 9/27

I got my first invite today---UW/Seattle Children's, one of my top choices!

Does anyone know if it's important, in terms of matching, to go out to the social functions or whatever at the interviews? I know it's a great way to learn about the program, but I'll be coming from across the country in the middle of a clerkship and don't think i can stay after the interview day. Anyone know?

U. Chicago!! woo hoo top choice!!!