2007-08 Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone actually have any experience with Fairfax?

Members don't see this ad.

St. Christopher's 9/19

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application on Sept 17th and got interviews from
1. MCW on sept. 18th
2. Iowa on Sept 19th

Does anybody know how/when programs typically send out interview invites? My application has no transcripts, no LOR turned in yet. Just curious because I applied to UTSW and saw that some of you had received invites to interview there...if I haven't heard does that mean I probably wont' get an interview there? Thanks!

I submitted my application on Sept 17th and got interviews from
1. MCW on sept. 18th
2. Iowa on Sept 19th

Does anybody know how/when programs typically send out interview invites? My application has no transcripts, no LOR turned in yet. Just curious because I applied to UTSW and saw that some of you had received invites to interview there...if I haven't heard does that mean I probably wont' get an interview there? Thanks!

Each program is different. I got an interview at UTSW the day after my application was in, however some people got theirs a week after. It all depends on when they review your application. Be patient

St Christophers today. :D

Running Tally:

Baylor
U. Michigan
UTSW
St. Christophers

Does anyone actually have any experience with Fairfax?
I did my medicine clerkship there and will do ob-gyn there. It's a very pleasant hospital to work at--generally helpful and friendly andcillary staff, good teaching, and a good facility. Their integration of electronic records is still fairly primitive (labs, vitals, radiology are computerized, and the system is ok but not fantastic). They get a remarkably high level of acuity for a non-university hospital (they are the referral center for northern Virginia). They also get a good amount of trauma, including pediatric trauma.

I don't know much about peds specifically since we don't rotate there for peds. We did have a family practice intern who had come from her peds rotation, and she thought it was a very positive experience.

Good luck!

Wash U
Michigan
Seattle

holla!!!!!!!

Interviews so far:

Georgetown
UVA
Iowa
Fairfax
Mayo
UNC Chapel Hill
Univ of Maryland

Thomas Jefferson University/duPont Hospital 9/20... Hey Helen, are you the Helen nobody knows as Helen. I think I recognize your list...this is Amber by the way

I called to schedule my Inova interview and the voice mail said that the lady was out of the office until Oct. 1. Did you guys try calling someone else to schedule?

haha yes that's me! fancy meeting you here;)

Members don't see this ad :)
U of Chicago (9/20)

Thomas Jefferson/DuPont (9/20)

I called to schedule my Inova interview and the voice mail said that the lady was out of the office until Oct. 1. Did you guys try calling someone else to schedule?
I left a message on her voicemail yesterday with my preferred dates and I got an email confirmation later in the day.

So far its:

Emory
UNC-CH
UF

This is pretty nerve-wracking huh?

So I received this today from Northwestern:

Thank you for sending us your initial application materials. The Residency
Selection Committee has reviewed your file and will await receipt of your
Dean's Letter. Upon receipt of your Dean's Letter, we will notify you
regarding the possibility of scheduling an interview.

Is that a bad thing, or do they wait for everyones deans letter? Anyone get an interview?

Got the same email, not sure how to take it. The website said they offer, hold (us) or deny.

Is that a bad thing, or do they wait for everyones deans letter? Anyone get an interview?

X

Iowa
Kentucky
MCW
SIU

Did anyone else apply at Kentucky? I got an interview invite, and had to respond about my choices for interview dates....however I have yet to hear back from them about which date I actually got and it's making the scheduling of my other interviews a little difficult. Any advice about that? Thanks!

USC!!!!

I'm so happy I finally have something Cali lined up....

I think some schools just wait for the dean's letter. If you schools are anything like mine that will only help your application. I got the same thing from northwestern today.

I think some schools just wait for the dean's letter. If you schools are anything like mine that will only help your application. I got the same thing from northwestern today.

That makes me feel a bit better. Northwesten is easily one of my top choices so that email made my heart sink. :confused: If anyone got an interview instead of that email, please share. I would be interested to know

Yeah I totally got this letter as well. Man, someone's already heard from UChicago! I wanna hear from UChicago!!! :scared:

USC (univ. of southern calif) for me today!!!!:)

Yeah I totally got this letter as well. Man, someone's already heard from UChicago! I wanna hear from UChicago!!! :scared:

Same here! I went back and last year UChicago started sending invites as of next week... same with cleveland clinic, and chop

I didn't hear anything from Northwestern today...wonder what that means?

I got the exact same e-mail from Northwestern today. I was kind of surprised, and it makes me nervous. ZekeMD - like you I didn't get an honors in Peds (and our school doesn't have "high pass"), but I feel like the rest of my application looks good. But, if Northwestern won't offer me an interview, are any of the other more competitive programs going to make offers?
I posted my stats under ZekeMD's "Another 'What are my chances'" thread. I think it would be helpful if more people do this especially as the more competitive schools begin to offer intervews :)

I got the same email and was pretty worried also, especially since I applied to a lot of competitive schools and was worried they would do the same thing. I'm glad to hear others got the same email. My transcript hasn't even been uploaded yet, and I only have 2 LORs in, so it would be hard for them to make a decision unless it is based on Step 1 score alone.

I didn't hear anything from Northwestern today...wonder what that means?

they must have known you heard from univ. of chicago already :) I waited for my email from them all day today. I finally had to install Yahoo widgets to let me know when I had mail so I would stop checking every five minutes since I should be studying for boards.

MCW
Loyola
UF-Jax
UF
Sinai

Also got the same email from Northwestern. I am guessing they sent it to everyone.

Have you submitted your transcript and all LORs to Seattle?

yeah, all my stuff is in....thank god....no worrying 'bout LOR anymore...yeaaaa. i also got that same thing from northwestern...my advisor told me about programs that wait till they have everything. i think boston does the same thing. late!

yeah, all my stuff is in....thank god....no worrying 'bout LOR anymore...yeaaaa. i also got that same thing from northwestern...my advisor told me about programs that wait till they have everything. i think boston does the same thing. late!

Looking back at the invites from last year, there were students invited for interviews at Northwestern before the dean's letter came out. Do you think they changed it this year?

Looking back at the invites from last year, there were students invited for interviews at Northwestern before the dean's letter came out. Do you think they changed it this year?

They must have changed it, even though their website says that they will offer interviews before the Dean's letter is out. Both you and ZekeMD have great stats, so I would think you would get interviews if Northwestern was offering interviews at this time.

OK, more stuff :)

MCoW
Iowa
Loyola - Chicago
WashU - St Louis Children's
Phoenix Children's
St Christopher's

No St. Christopher's in my mailbox. Does that mean I'm rejected? :(

I got an email from a program today saying that they will grant me an interview after they receive my Step 2 scores. I'm taking CK this Thursday...should I reply and tell them that or just leave it and send them my scores when they come in 4 weeks?

I got an email from a program today saying that they will grant me an interview after they receive my Step 2 scores. I'm taking CK this Thursday...should I reply and tell them that or just leave it and send them my scores when they come in 4 weeks?

That seems strange. If they are going to grant you an interview, then just give you one. Why wait? Unless they will decide based on your step 2. I would leave it and submit the scores after you take it

it's because i'm an IMG and their policy is not to interview until they have received "Step 2 CK and/or CS". but it's really annoying because i rotated there, they know me, and they liked me (or at least told me they did). and they have tons of residents from my school and i have awesome grades....
but ok, i guess i won't respond and then just send my scores when i get them:mad:

My Deans Letter and LORs still aren't uploaded yet (my school is very slow)

Southern Cal
Florida - Gainesville
New Mexico
UTMB - Galveston
Emory
Univ. of Chicago
Univ. of Michigan
Ohio State
Baylor

I also got the weird email from Northwestern

Good luck to all.

Cincinnati Children's (9/24)

My Deans Letter and LORs still aren't uploaded yet (my school is very slow)

Southern Cal
Florida - Gainesville
New Mexico
UTMB - Galveston
Emory
Univ. of Chicago
Univ. of Michigan
Ohio State
Baylor

I also got the weird email from Northwestern

Good luck to all.

Is your transcript in? Also, Ohio State said they would notify us in Mid-October. What gives?

woohoo, 2 today...
SUNY Downstate
New York Medical College - Westchester

:p

did you call SUNY downstate? i tried and got a message that they'd be out of the office until the 1st of October. And did people send the email for St. christophers and if you did have you heard back yet?

did you call SUNY downstate? i tried and got a message that they'd be out of the office until the 1st of October. And did people send the email for St. christophers and if you did have you heard back yet?

I called them today. She said she would have a confirmation out soon. If you really need the date for setting up other interviews she was very nice about giving me a confirmation. If not I would just wait. She seemed like she had been getting a lot of calls.