Is it late for anymore interview invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scorpio1031

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am getting concerned since I only have 7 interviews thus far for peds. I also have 4 IM interviews, but I am still very worried. When is it late in the application cycle to be concerned about not getting more interviews? I am also worried because I keep seeing that 10-12 interviews is what you need. Is it still early to be concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

The number of interviews you have depends on which mix of programs you applied to and how many. Having 7/15 interviews is pretty good, but having 7/50 would make me worry a bit.

But yes, it is still too early to be concerned. People will cancel for later in the season, and if you still don't have invites at that point, e-mailing the PCs in December to say you're still interested may yield you a couple additional interviews.

The number of interviews you have depends on which mix of programs you applied to and how many. Having 7/15 interviews is pretty good, but having 7/50 would make me worry a bit.

But yes, it is still too early to be concerned. People will cancel for later in the season, and if you still don't have invites at that point, e-mailing the PCs in December to say you're still interested may yield you a couple additional interviews.

Getting the invites by contacting them, does that put you on equal footing as everyone else or will you be ranked super low anyway?

If they extend an invite, you should be on equal footing.