2006 VCU Central

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Madi!

Shyrem, sorry to hear all of these things coming down on you right now. Seems like you have paid your dues...maybe some good is around the corner! :oops:

I told my husband if he gets in then we are definitely having a big party before schools starts in Richmond at our place! I think we all could use a bit of a celebration!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Madi!!! So excited for you!

And Shyrem, if you didn't already have my eternal respect and awe for being married to a cop (dated one once-it's hard to let them go to work each day) and for having 2 kids and still wanting to take on med school...you DEFINITELY have it now. Hope your weekend is better. :D

tacrum43 said:
As for shots, my dad taught me this trick that if you move your arm around quite a bit right after you get the shot, it helps it not to hurt the next day. It does hurt a little bit then, but it really does work. Motrin helps too. :)
Yeah. Did that. Did some more work on moving stuff around the house, packing a bit, and painted a little more that day. Definitely worked it around.. but perhaps I should have done another few laps on the cedar siding. Ah, well. Tomorrow my daughter gets a different brace for her fracture (they HIGHLY recommended she take her pain meds before she comes in for that - and she refuses to take it during the day saying "it's not bad.. really". She's gonna take it tomorrow.) After that I think I'll do more on the cedar siding and see if I can work out the deltoid stiffness/pain.

As for my son: ok. I'm gonna date myself *again* here. I've been playing Bill Cosby's "Tonsils" for him. :laugh: "Ice Cream! We're gonna eat ICE CREAM! And we're gonna eat it EVERY DAY!" Anyone who has heard that one knows JUST what I'm talkin' about. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
madi said:
Hi everyone! I just received the status update e-mail tonight after receiving a very positive e-mail from Dr. H this morning. I'll be going to VCU in the fall, and I hope I'll be seeing ALL of you there!

Good-luck as the waiting continues. I'm rooting for ya!

:D

Congrats Madi!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome! Now for the rest of the VCU "originals"!

ShyRem said:
As for my son: ok. I'm gonna date myself *again* here. I've been playing Bill Cosby's "Tonsils" for him. :laugh: "Ice Cream! We're gonna eat ICE CREAM! And we're gonna eat it EVERY DAY!" Anyone who has heard that one knows JUST what I'm talkin' about. :laugh:

Yep, Shy. I remember it!

Great news madi! We've traveled a long road, the bunch of us. Hopefully we all end up at VCU in August! :D

Hey folks. I've just withdrawn from the waitlist as an OOS applicant. I know it's been a really tough time for a lot of you and I truly hope that things work out in the end, especially for you Shy.

:luck: Best of luck in the coming year. :luck:

Many thanks to all of you for the salutations!

It has been a long road, goinverted, but it's not quite over yet, and I'm hoping many of you will be there with me when it is. ;)

So... rescuing from page 3. Sent a rather short note to Dr. H asking if there was any news. She said the OOS list is moving, but slowly. Anyone else have anything to report?

Thanks, Apparition. I didn't think so.. but... it's like screaming in a room full of people and no one hearing you. :oops:

sorry. Still a bit overwhelmed here. But getting better.

Members don't see this ad :)
why does everyone always check what page this thread is on?
i just sign, click 'User CP' and all my subscribed thread that have new messages show up.

"The in-state waitlist is moving but very slowly."

I also think that having an acceptance factors in somehow to the waitlist offers they make. I.e., if it comes down to two applicants, one who already has an acceptance to med school and one who doesn't, the waitlist offer will probably go to the person who doesn't have an acceptance yet. Just my own belief, take it with a grain of salt.

crazy_cavalier said:
"The in-state waitlist is moving but very slowly."

I also think that having an acceptance factors in somehow to the waitlist offers they make. I.e., if it comes down to two applicants, one who already has an acceptance to med school and one who doesn't, the waitlist offer will probably go to the person who doesn't have an acceptance yet. Just my own belief, take it with a grain of salt.

ive heard that also, and it seems very plausible...but beware of mentioning possible acceptance policies on this thread, it might get a little hairy ;)

ShyRem said:
Am I the only one left?!??

im definitely still here..i just have nothing of value to add...sorry

Any idea how fast the OOS waitlist is moving?

We're still here...and waiting...

Nas23 said:
Any idea how fast the OOS waitlist is moving?
The info I got from Dr. H yesterday was "still moving.. but slowly". As for what that means (as in will she get to us), who knows. :(

Apparition said:
ShyRem, what's in your avatar?

I think her husband is a police officer. Hey shy, my mom and uncle are cops. My uncle was a sniper for around 8 years on the swat team and now he is the number 2 man. Not that anything is ever that exciting in Utah!!

My hubby and a couple of guys on the swat team on training. Husband is also a sniper for swat (10 years) and on the bomb squad (7 years). I figured the folks giving me a hard time about my kids in my avatar can look at this one for a while and think things over.

Can you tell the comments kinda pissed me off? :D Don't piss off the momma.

On another note, my daughter is healing (slowly). My son's tonsillectomy surgery is scheduled for Friday. And yesterday he crashed his bike in a spectacular tangle of arms, legs, shredded shoes, shredded jeans, cracked helmet, and bike. He didn't cry during or after the crash, but boy did he scream when I had to clean out the inches upon inches of road rash and lacerations. He needs new shoes now, too, but at least the wounds look clean (and a couple are still weeping). We promised him a new bike after we move.

Can ANYTHING else go wrong?? Wait - don't answer that. I don't want to know. Tell me someone else's life is as eventful as mine. Please.

ShyRem said:
My hubby and a couple of guys on the swat team on training. Husband is also a sniper for swat (10 years) and on the bomb squad (7 years). I figured the folks giving me a hard time about my kids in my avatar can look at this one for a while and think things over.

Can you tell the comments kinda pissed me off? :D Don't piss off the momma.

On another note, my daughter is healing (slowly). My son's tonsillectomy surgery is scheduled for Friday. And yesterday he crashed his bike in a spectacular tangle of arms, legs, shredded shoes, shredded jeans, cracked helmet, and bike. He didn't cry during or after the crash, but boy did he scream when I had to clean out the inches upon inches of road rash and lacerations. He needs new shoes now, too, but at least the wounds look clean (and a couple are still weeping). We promised him a new bike after we move.

Can ANYTHING else go wrong?? Wait - don't answer that. I don't want to know. Tell me someone else's life is as eventful as mine. Please.

Wow, pretty intense job your husband has. Hope your son feels better soon! But yeah there are lots of lives as eventful as yours, and more so, to make you feel better.

Just thought I'd bump this back up to Page 1 and send you all some :luck:

got an email from Dr. H today about the OOS waitlist, it's moving and i have to make a decision... gotta go make my list of pros and cons :scared: . just wanted to let you guys know things are still moving. and :luck: you guys!

LT2 said:
got an email from Dr. H today about the OOS waitlist, it's moving and i have to make a decision... gotta go make my list of pros and cons :scared: . just wanted to let you guys know things are still moving. and :luck: you guys!

Congrats LT2! :thumbup:

LT2 said:

congrats!!

Vizsla said:
congrats!!

thanks guys! in my somewhat frantic review of things, i'm having trouble finding out whether or not VCU offers any medical spanish training during school. does anyone know if they offer such things? any help/thoughts are much appreciated!

LT2 said:
thanks guys! in my somewhat frantic review of things, i'm having trouble finding out whether or not VCU offers any medical spanish training during school. does anyone know if they offer such things? any help/thoughts are much appreciated!

hey all-

just wanted to let you know the OOS list will keep moving. after thinking HARD, i will be sticking with penn state. good luck! :luck:

LT2 said:
hey all-

just wanted to let you know the OOS list will keep moving. after thinking HARD, i will be sticking with penn state. good luck! :luck:

Thanks for posting and letting us know. Good luck with Penn State, it must have been a hard choice. :thumbup:

Thanks LT2, and good luck at Penn St., It's a great school as well.

LT2 said:
hey all-

thanks and good luck @ PSU

hey everyone...sorry, i've been gone for awhile but i've been busy moving myself from south carloina back to VA. it has not been a fun process to say the least. anyways, i'm still waiting, along with most of you but let me send out congrats to all those that got in over the past week. i have a quick question for all my fellow waiters...when are ya'll planning on sending a 2007 amcas? does everyone have a "deadline" by which if they are not accepted they are just gonna bite the bullet and re-apply? personally, i don't know how long to wait. anyways, good luck to everyone again.

bikedoc1021 said:
hey everyone...sorry, i've been gone for awhile but i've been busy moving myself from south carloina back to VA. it has not been a fun process to say the least. anyways, i'm still waiting, along with most of you but let me send out congrats to all those that got in over the past week. i have a quick question for all my fellow waiters...when are ya'll planning on sending a 2007 amcas? does everyone have a "deadline" by which if they are not accepted they are just gonna bite the bullet and re-apply? personally, i don't know how long to wait. anyways, good luck to everyone again.

I keep wanting to not think about it, but I will inevitably re-submit it in July...either Juy 1st or July 15.

Wow - I just got accepted off of the OOS Waitlist! This is my first acceptance and my second year applying! I literally cannot catch my breath right now. I almost passed out and had a heart attack at the same time. Good luck to the rest of you!

VPDcurt said:
Wow - I just got accepted off of the OOS Waitlist! This is my first acceptance and my second year applying! I literally cannot catch my breath right now. I almost passed out and had a heart attack at the same time. Good luck to the rest of you!

Congrats VPDcurt!! That must be the best feeling!

VPDcurt said:

Congrats VDP!!

What kind of messages have any of you accepted off the OOS waitlist gotten from Dr. H regarding your position/possibility of acceptance?

I'm dying here............ *sigh* Ok. maybe I'm still just a little stressed out.

Hey Shy, hopefully you, vis, and I can put the waiting to an end soon. I think it's ridiculously hard on families to wait so long.

goinverted said:
Hey Shy, hopefully you, vis, and I can put the waiting to an end soon. I think it's ridiculously hard on families to wait so long.

I say whoever gets the next acceptance, write back to Dr. H asking that she makes it a communal acceptance to all us regulars on VCU Central...we all know it wont be half as fun without all of us there :D ...by the way, shy your avatar is bada$$ :thumbup:

VPDcurt said:

Congrats and best of luck.

Bikedoc, my deadline is the end of June. I'll then begin working on my AMCAS. Since it would be my 2nd time applying, I don't think the AMCAS will take as long to do.

congrats vdp! yeah, thats about the time frame i have been thinking about as well. the amcas is all finished up except for the PS which i need to finish up. the big thing is that i really can't afford to send it again financial wise that why i'm trying to wait. come on VCU!!

Hey all, I havent been on this forum for quite awhile, and I havent posted too often but I just got in today off the OOS waitlist. I'm just shocked. In the blink of an eye my whole life just changed. This is my first and only acceptance.
The honest truth, and you all know probably know this, is that every one of you would most likely make great doctors. The admissions committee has the near impossible job of choosing between the most amazing qualified applicants. I personally have been incredibly intimidated/impressed by the talent and experience around me in fellow applicants. Dr. H said I was on the border just around 2 weeks ago, so that can only mean the OOS list is moving faster than expected.
I wish you all the very best of luck and I look forward to hopefully seeing you all in August!

just letting you guys know... i got in from the oos waitlist today....!!!! good luck to everyone still waiting.... i still cant believe im gonna be a doctor. !

A big congratulations to brianard0, jrp and vdp!!

And all of my best wishes to shy, tacrum, vizsla, goinverted, apparation, bikedoc, and all of the other core VCU-central waiters. I would LOVE to have you as my classmates next year, and I keep checking this thread every day hoping to hear that one of you will be joining me. Keep the faith!! :luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.