2023-2024 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't understand the hostility towards @everythingisonfire lol, they were just sharing helpful information that they learned relevant to the post they were replying to

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Inappropriate
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Moderator note:

The moderator team received several reports from this thread. We encourage on-topic discussion but do not condone attacking other users for expressing their opinion(s). If you disagree with another user's post and/or have an alternative viewpoint, please post your thoughts while addressing other users in a respectful manner. It is possible to disagree with others without being disagreeable.

Multiple posts in this thread have been edited and/or deleted to avoid sidetracking the discussion. Thank you for your time and reports, and here's a picture to help bring down the temperature a bit in this thread.

1713288011893.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received financial aid information from the school?

I emailed admissions and they said they are still sending out As

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone think there’s good news for WL this Friday or since A’s r still in theory coming out WL won’t hear till May

Anyone think there’s good news for WL this Friday or since A’s r still in theory coming out WL won’t hear till May
Do people get let off the WL if they haven't given primary decisions to everyone who interviewed yet? Doesn't make sense to me... but then again, not much of this process does

Did anyone else get ghosted post-interview? I still haven't heard anything.

Did anyone else get ghosted post-interview? I still haven't heard anything.
I interviewed early feb and havent heard. People on this thread have reported hearing nothing since as early as october

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Haven’t heard anything since my interview in November. It’s strange given that people who interviewed in March have gotten A’s and WL’s. Am I at a higher consideration status than WL, or lower? Feels like they have already rejected me but are just holding me in limbo :/

It's interesting that no post-II R's are being reported because plenty had been reported on past threads by this time. I just wish they didn't tell us they don't do silent rejections when they do....

Reactions: 3 users
Haven’t heard anything since my interview in November. It’s strange given that people who interviewed in March have gotten A’s and WL’s. Am I at a higher consideration status than WL, or lower? Feels like they have already rejected me but are just holding me in limbo :/
My hypothesis for why people with later interview dates get earlier decisions is that they may want to compare earlier interviewees to later ones to ensure that having a later interview date does not disadvantage you. Sometimes people get quick interview to decision turnarounds because the admissions committee may really love a candidate and not feel the need to wait and compare them to the rest of the pool.

NYU's process looks very similar in terms of later interviewees often getting post-II decisions before those who interviewed earlier, and this is the logic/explanation the dean provided. That being said NYU does communicate 3 weeks post-interview (either R or continued review) and wrapped up all decisions by mid-January. I feel very fortunate to have a school I'm pretty set on and am not necessarily holding out on UMass, but it definitely is frustrating that they're not giving people finality when in reality at this point probably not everyone is being considered.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
My hypothesis for why people with later interview dates get earlier decisions is that they may want to compare earlier interviewees to later ones to ensure that having a later interview date does not disadvantage you. Sometimes people get quick interview to decision turnarounds because the admissions committee may really love a candidate and not feel the need to wait and compare them to the rest of the pool.

NYU's process looks very similar in terms of later interviewees often getting post-II decisions before those who interviewed earlier, and this is the logic/explanation the dean provided. That being said NYU does communicate 3 weeks post-interview (either R or continued review) and wrapped up all decisions by mid-January. I feel very fortunate to have a school I'm pretty set on and am not necessarily holding out on UMass, but it definitely is frustrating that they're not giving people finality when in reality at this point probably not everyone is being considered.
I’d agree with that but a decent amt of people have gotten WL which seems to discount the idea that they’re doing some sort of cross season comparison. Idk though

I’d agree with that but a decent amt of people have gotten WL which seems to discount the idea that they’re doing some sort of cross season comparison. Idk though
Maybe cross season comparison for the WL?

I'll be withdrawing my application here. Good luck to everyone, and I truly hope you all get the good news you deserve!!

• Care
OOS WL for PURCH + MD

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
IS WL regular MD, November interview! The wait continues :p

Reactions: 1 user
WL for MD + LEAD! OOS (with strong ties to MA), September interviews (9/6 MD, 9/11 Lead)

Last edited:
bruh where is my decision i interviewed 8 months ago😭

• Care
Do they send out decisions all at once or throughout the day?

I did some ~ investigation ~ aka reading last year’s thread: there was a final wave of post-II R’s on Wed 4/26/23. Our corresponding Wednesday would be answers on 4/24 (if that’s their standard day)
what about the last friday?

Although I had heard UMass was slow to get back with decisions, I really didn't think they'd have the audacity to wait until the last possible Friday to give me an answer for an interview in September... Why it gotta be like this UMass?

Reactions: 10 users
Same, interviewed in November and haven't heard anything yet

Didn't get an email but my portal updated to waitlist, interviewed 1/5 and 1/8 for LEAD
lol nearly a month after I accepted the waitlist position on the portal, I finally received the waitlist email this morning

• Hmm
Did anyone else just receive their financial aid just now?

Reactions: 2 users
The on-time deadline to submit the CSS profile is June 1 right? I didn't receive anything but also haven't submitted CSS Profile (only FAFSA) so that might be the reason
Did anyone else just receive their financial aid just now?

Interviewed October and no decision yet :)

• Sad
Post-II Rs have maybe started coming out/alr come out? Someone on the Reddit posted that they got one

there's an application action section on the portal and then you can accept or deny the waitlist spot
did your portal change after interviewing? Mine looks the same as when I submitted my secondary, but with an interview information tile. Under application progress says Application complete-> Under review

did your portal change after interviewing? Mine looks the same as when I submitted my secondary, but with an interview information tile. Under application progress says Application complete-> Under review
Yes, it changed after interviewing and it also changed when I got waitlisted